Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

meat CRime posted:

What a badass fight, shame its going to be followed by some mayweather scoring bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
in terms of who won the fight salido pretty clearly did but in a 10 point must scoring system that is not an egregious result

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Salido got robbed. Can't wait for Martinez/Salido III

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
Boxnation addressing the Khan issue is glorious.

The Ninth Layer you're right someone in the Floyd corner someone said in no circumstances Khan would fight him.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
You don't know poo poo about boxing

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
Beat his rear end Berto

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

meat CRime posted:

Beat his rear end Berto

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

The Ninth Layer posted:

Headed to the bar.

Jhonny Gonzalez
George Groves
Rocky Martinez
Floyd Mayweather

All my predictions have been wrong so far...

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Adalaide Byrd judging.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

The place sounds dead. Cell phones barely lit up anywhere.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

The Ninth Layer posted:

All my predictions have been wrong so far...

I believe in you :)

texasmed
May 27, 2004
Mayweather's gotta be feeling a little bit of pressure against this guy but I assume it's nothing he hasn't dealt with before. I can't wait to see it, I figure it'll be another defensive clinic.

Hi, I'm the only guy on the planet that enjoyed the last Mayweather fight and the 5 before it

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

18-1 is better odds than I thought this would be. Buster Douglas was a 42-1 underdog by comparison.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

38-year-old Mayweather is still very fast. Pacquiao must have hooked him up with the good stuff.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
1 round in the bank for Floyd.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Lid posted:

Adalaide Byrd judging.

mma fans and boxing fans unite in shame

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
I feel like all guys only have 3 rounds to capitalize on their athleticism and punchers chance until Floyd starts to deconstruct them

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

So take me back, back to better days
Cause this time between is wasting me away

Gozinbulx posted:

I feel like all guys only have 3 rounds to capitalize on their athleticism and punchers chance until Floyd starts to deconstruct them

No poo poo. Berto probably only had 30 seconds though instead of 9 minutes.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Mayweather looks bored in there already. If he's going to make this fight more exciting than Pacquiao, he'll have to be the guy to make it happen.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

Andre Berto is so freaking terrible. Ready for another 10 rounds of him waiting and not doing poo poo.

texasmed
May 27, 2004
Round 2 end: Mayweather just out working and out scoring his opponent. Wrapping up a lot but Berto has to try to punish him for that I guess, I dunno. I like the way the ref is calling the shots so far, too.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
Hey, Stitch!

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Is there a person alive who's heart rate has risen above resting bpm for this fight?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
miss-miss-clinch

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Mauro Renallo is the worst

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Does Berto know he's allowed to punch Mayweather?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
this is only interesting in the sense that there is absolutely no aspect of this fight that's interesting

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Can't imagine why people don't like exciting good person Floyd Mayweather

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Berto getting frustrated in there, playing to Mayweather's game plan.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
I'm holding out hope that those short inside chopping shots from berto do something

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Gozinbulx posted:

I'm holding out hope that those short inside chopping shots from berto do something

Lol you keep hoping good brother

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I could beat up Andre Berto

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Is there a person alive who's heart rate has risen above resting bpm for this fight?

Those Showtime girls are pretty hot.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Mayweather's doing the Ali strategy of being really frustratingly hard to hit while his opponent flurries and gasses himself out.

texasmed
May 27, 2004
Mayweather is a beast and I don't think the body shots Berto is firing are going to do anything. On the other hand, Mayweather's tagged Berto a few times and definitely done enough to win the first 4 rounds imo.

Ref really needs to start deducting for wrap ups though, that would be novel.

edit: not really exciting to see a guy box a statue I guess but I'm still entertained

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Berto is like the first fight in a Fight Night career

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
This is a sparring session. Unsurprising, as Berto has lost to B-B+ fighters such as Victor Ortiz, Robert Guerrero, and Jesus Soto Karass.

Hopefully the second half is a bit more lively. Mayweather typically pulls away in the second half, though he doesn't really need to in this fight.

Cigar Aficionado fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Sep 13, 2015

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

Cigar Aficionado posted:

This is a sparring session. Unsurprising, as Berto lost to B-B+ fighters such as Victor Ortiz, Robert Guerrero, and Jesus Soto Karass.

Hopefully the second half is a bit more lively. Mayweather typically pulls away in the second half, though he doesn't really need to in this fight.

He's turning it up a bit in this round. I think Berto's boxing IQ is low enough that he could get stopped at some point in this fight.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Berto's found, if not any great success, then at least some kind of rhythm in this fight. He looks warmed up and his activity has been constant, I haven't seen him take a break for a few rounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I think Floyd could pull a gun out of his trunks and shoot Berto in the head and Bayless would just score it a knockdown for Floyd

• Locked thread