Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Man the Cards have dodged some bullets this year. Some very lucky INT drops, fumble bounces, etc. Must be karmic payback for all those years of awful injury luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

axeil posted:

:yeah:

All healed up in time for the annual Cards/Eagles game! Should be a good one, but I'm extra nervous now that they're coming off a big win and have 10 days to prep.

:getin:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

MechaFrogzilla posted:

Man the Cards have dodged some bullets this year. Some very lucky INT drops, fumble bounces, etc. Must be karmic payback for all those years of awful injury luck.

You better be knocking on some wood, lest God remembers how much he hates Carson Palmer not being broken.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

You better be knocking on some wood, lest God remembers how much he hates Carson Palmer not being broken.

Wellllll, I'm a Seahawks fan. But I don't root for injury! So *knock knock*

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Homestar Runner posted:

you're all gonna get Osweiler'd come playoff time :horse:

I believe you mean Brock'd.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Ramadu posted:

ps: in RL news my last day of chemo is tomorrow and I thank you all for your well wishes they mean a lot to me

That's awesome to hear my man.
Cancer - 0
Ramadu - 1

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Ramadu posted:

I was expecting a blowout until I remembered this is thursday night football and then I was expecting to lose and palmers knee to explode because it's About That Time Of The Year. Pretty pleased with the win bird gang bitch playoffs YEAH BUDDY

ps: in RL news my last day of chemo is tomorrow and I thank you all for your well wishes they mean a lot to me

Good luck, friend Ramadu! You are cool and a fun guy!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Ramadu posted:

We may hate each other as divisional rivals but TFF goons are great, so glad to hear here. Bird gang bitch.

NFC WEST represent.

(gently caress the hawks tho)

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Ramadu posted:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I didn't even know Dwight Freeney was still alive, yet alone playing in the NFL.

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

I'd like to think this is how he beat the cancer, by punching his balls until it gave up

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
Just saw on ESPN this morning that with that sack, his fourth, Dwight Freeney gets a 200,000 dollar bonus. And extra 100,000 for each additional sack.

Spin away my man.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Crow_Robot posted:

Just saw on ESPN this morning that with that sack, his fourth, Dwight Freeney gets a 200,000 dollar bonus. And extra 100,000 for each additional sack.

Spin away my man.

That's a pretty good sack to get the bonus for.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

axeil posted:

I believe you mean Brock'd.
MY CLIENT

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Ramadu posted:

:hfive: :glomp:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Ramadu you had me legit worried 2015 would take three from us.

Congrats man :unsmith:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

:hellyeah:

Bird Gang Bitch, Get Larry His Ring

For real, I'm treating the Pats in the Superbowl as an inevitability. But all the other teams who can be against them are ones I really really wanna see dunk on the Pats hard.

We all know that it is going to end with the Pats winning again and Belichick finally initiating the end times.

Also I am glad to hear that the chemo is going well Ramadu.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

We all know that it is going to end with the Pats winning again and Belichick finally initiating the end times.

Also I am glad to hear that the chemo is going well Ramadu.

The portal to The Domain of the Unspeakable Evil being centered on Levi's Stadium makes perfect sense.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Congrats on completing chemo Ramadu, we are all rooting for you

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Crow_Robot posted:

Spin away my man.

I feel like there's a lot of rope for a Freeny "turn around" cover.

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?

Ramadu posted:

Serious post, beat that fuckin cancer. Beat it right into the ground.

Sobbing at my desk before noon is never good.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

MechaFrogzilla posted:

Fortune like that is what it takes to win a Super Bowl.

The Cards-Panthers NFCCG is gonna own.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Eifert Posting posted:

I feel like there's a lot of rope for a Freeny "turn around" cover.

pre:
(Turn around)
Every now and then
The pocket is a bit lonely
And you're never coming round

(Turn around)
Every now and then
I get a little bit tired
Of watching pass successs at the line

(Turn around)
Every now and then
I get a little bit nervous
That the best of all the years have gone by

(Turn around)
Every now and then I get a little bit terrified
And then I see the look in your eyes

(Turn Around, Freeney)
Every now and then you get a sack
(Turn Around, Freeney)
Every now and then
They fall apart

And I need you now tonight
And I need you more than ever
And if you only rush the pass
We'll be holding on forever
And we'll only be making it right
'Cause we'll never be wrong
Together we can take it to the end of the line
Your spin is like a shadow on them all of the time
(All of the time)
I don't know what to do and I'm always in the dark
We're living in a powder keg and giving off sparks
I really need you tonight
Forever's gonna start tonight
(Forever's gonna start tonight)

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sour Diesel posted:

Fortune like that is what it takes to win a Super Bowl.

The Cards-Panthers NFCCG is gonna own.

Yeah, the biggest bullet dodged so far has been Carson Palmer not exploding into a cloud of dust. The Cardinals had horrific injury luck last year though, so glad to see some quality regression to the mean.

Patriots having the opposite of that this year.

Ramadu posted:

Congrats man. I hope you used your free cancer punch on the first person to try and tell you that everything happens for a reason.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
On the other hand, Chris Johnson had a resurgent year and then passed away

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Yeah but David Johnson looks to be a quality RB. Still, the Cards putting CJ2K on the IR designated to return so he can play in the Super Bowl is such a made-for-TV moment and I desperately want it to work out.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

He did what he needed to though, and that was let David ease into his role. I wish CJ was still available, but David was drafted to be an eventual #1, and got promoted early.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

It really works out about as well as any injury can work out for a team. Bruce Arians hates playing rookie running backs, despite David shredding teams in the preseason, so now they have a mostly fresh David Johnson with minimal film who's looked really good so far.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

The Cards are starting to feel the burn at d line and corner so hopefully they get a little healthy or some of the guys start playing better. Bethel looks decent but I don't think there's anybody behind him on the depth chart and guys like Mauro and uhh whoever else are decent against the run but aren't making any plays and are hurting the secondary.

Johnson/Williams is a pretty decent tandem and lol that a rookie third rounder and a 7th round nobody is better than beanie "thunder" wells and ryan "lightning" williams

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
In 4 of the last 5 games, the Cardinals have lost leads in the second half but still won.

Things a Cardinals team pre-Arians would have been incapable doing.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

It really works out about as well as any injury can work out for a team. Bruce Arians hates playing rookie running backs, despite David shredding teams in the preseason, so now they have a mostly fresh David Johnson with minimal film who's looked really good so far.

*watches highlight videos of Dion Lewis*

*sheds single tear*

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Qwijib0 posted:

In 4 of the last 5 games, the Cardinals have lost leads in the second half but still won.

Things a Cardinals team pre-Arians would have been incapable doing.

we get it, the cards a cool team with good players. stop rubbing it in :mad:

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Ramadu posted:

I was expecting a blowout until I remembered this is thursday night football and then I was expecting to lose and palmers knee to explode because it's About That Time Of The Year. Pretty pleased with the win bird gang bitch playoffs YEAH BUDDY

I've never really had an opinion one way or the other re: the Cards except for petty and selfish Fantasy reasons, but since TFF has introduced me to the phrase 'bird gang bitch' I now officially like the Cards. It's just so much fun to say, it reminds me of 'get beefy, bitch'. If we get that Panthers/Cards NFC Championship game and the Panthers lose, I would actually be okay pulling for the Cards in the Super Bowl.

I mean that goes without saying if NE makes it but even if they don't: bird gang bitch.

fake edit: WHOOPS, sorry WHOOPS

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

WHOOPS posted:

bird gang motherfucker

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

WHOOPS posted:

Still, the Cards putting CJ2K on the IR designated to return so he can play in the Super Bowl is such a made-for-TV moment and I desperately want it to work out.

This is a bad idea.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

On track for The Jermaine Gresham Revenge Game Part 2

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

the ruling on the field is the Arizona Cardinals are Good And Cool

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

WHOOPS posted:

We have 11 wins for the 5th time in franchise history-- 1925, 1948, 1975, 2014, 2015.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
This is Fitzgerald's last decent chance to get a ring and he knows it, so seeing his face when the Cardinals lose in the playoffs is going to be really difficult to watch.

Edit: I kid, the Cardinals are my NFC team this year. They own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

On track for The Jermaine Gresham Revenge Game Part 2

I know we didn't hold up our end of the bargain but please beat the steelers again, thank you.

• Locked thread