Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
This game worth downloading at all? I'm still enjoying FFBE and I'm already over my quota of FTP mobile games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Dammit. In as Hilarity. Added myself to the spreadsheet.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Aerox posted:

I'm already starting to hit card inventory limits -- is there anything worthwhile to do with the 1* cards at all, or should I just sell them? They're worth piddly amounts of fusion exp and don't seem to grand seed or ability bonuses on fusion.

Monsters of the same element can be fused together for a % chance to increase skillseed bonuses. When you click to fuse a given monster you should see % numbers on some and none on the others.

Monsters of the same name can be fused together for a % chance on ability skill up, as well as a % chance to increase skillseed bonuses. There's a different icon on these next to the % number.

I've been fusing away 1 and 2* to get my skillseed levels up on the main team I'm using, although past level 4 skillseed, the % each contributes starts to nosedive. To get the very last skillseed level, 1*s only start contributing 5% and 2*s 10%, so you tend to need to get lucky or stockpile 2* fodder for a 50/50.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

AegisP posted:

Monsters of the same element can be fused together for a % chance to increase skillseed bonuses. When you click to fuse a given monster you should see % numbers on some and none on the others.

Monsters of the same name can be fused together for a % chance on ability skill up, as well as a % chance to increase skillseed bonuses. There's a different icon on these next to the % number.

I've been fusing away 1 and 2* to get my skillseed levels up on the main team I'm using, although past level 4 skillseed, the % each contributes starts to nosedive. To get the very last skillseed level, 1*s only start contributing 5% and 2*s 10%, so you tend to need to get lucky or stockpile 2* fodder for a 50/50.

Yeah, my primary team all has already maxed their skillseeds. I was going to start making alt decks for the classes I'm not playing but I don't really have any 3*s for them; I've been lucky in that almost everything I've pulled has been for mage.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Well I went to the shrine of trials and now I have 163 stamina over my max.

So uh, how does the magicite distiller work exactly? Is it just 100 free magicite every 24 hours or what?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
It refills every 16 (17?) hours.

I eat baby skin
Nov 30, 2003
Fresh from the nursery
It is 1 magicite distilled every 10 minutes FYI

Eddain
May 6, 2007
It seems like you shouldn't fuse a bunch of monsters at the same time if the skillseed percentage makes it go over 100%. Skillseeds only level up one at a time so the rest all go to waste.

I just unlocked Knight (after Warrior) and noticed you lose Water in exchange for Wind, but you gain an extra point in Speed, which translates into starting combat with 4 Action Points instead of 3. I have no idea why equipping a lower level ability card losers your job level though.

And has anyone figured out how Abilities gain those special effects? My Succubus randomly gained the first effect a while ago and I have no idea what triggered it. Usage in combat, random chance, etc?

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Twelve by Pies posted:

Well I went to the shrine of trials and now I have 163 stamina over my max.

So uh, how does the magicite distiller work exactly? Is it just 100 free magicite every 24 hours or what?

Click it every time you login, and don't let it hit 100, or you waste magicite.

Also, the system keeps track of how much you get every time you click on it, after which it expires after 14 days. If it's starting to drop off, you should probably spend it on something like a heavily discounted Mobius Gift Box ($7, if you're perfect at clicking that thing).

PS: Free magicite is always spent before purchased magicite, and purchased magicite never drops off.\ YOu can see which si which in the Etc menu.

Varance fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Aug 4, 2016

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
So is it best to just stick with the Onion Knight line for the first bit, or do I want to diversify and have a backup class (like Mage or Ranger) in the event of a boss showing up that is elementally opposed to my main class? Mostly asking so I can decide how to spend my ability tickets.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Aerox posted:

I've been chasing this fire dragon around the map for like six fights now -- does he ever actually die? I don't want to waste any more time or stamina on this if there's no actual reward for it.

I'm doing this now too, it's been like ten fights, I'm really starting to lose interest in chasing it down. I can't find any information anywhere on whether it eventually dies and you get something or not.

QuantaStarFire posted:

So is it best to just stick with the Onion Knight line for the first bit, or do I want to diversify and have a backup class (like Mage or Ranger) in the event of a boss showing up that is elementally opposed to my main class? Mostly asking so I can decide how to spend my ability tickets.

What class you should be mostly depends on two things I think: what card you drew from the Card Summon during the tutorial, and what element the enemies/bosses in a level are. I pulled Famfrit (mage) from the tutorial, so I've been a Mage mostly since that card gives the biggest bonuses to that class. It also seems like all the enemies/bosses at the start are fire...but that might be because of my Famfrit pull, and if you pulled something else (like Ifrit) maybe the enemies would be mostly water to encourage you to use Onion Knight.

I have been an Onion Knight in a couple of levels past the Ruins, because there were water enemies/bosses there, but by that point I had some decent (though not spectacular) Onion Knight cards so I wasn't too underpowered at that point. Haven't touched Ranger at all yet.

Twelve by Pies fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Aug 4, 2016

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I think bosses have a chance of dropping Crystals (very rarely probably), which might be why that Dragon just bops around constantly - if I'm guessing right, those are your means of farming Crystals for upgrading your jobs.

Cool stuff:

If you augment a card you find to a higher rarity, from that point on, any time you get that same card as a drop, there's a chance it'll drop at the higher rarity immediately.

And if you fuse a lower rarity card to a higher rarity of the same card, the upgrades already in place on the lower rank card transfer over - so if you draw a 3* version of a 2* card that you have maxed, you can pass the upgrades along.

Also those little dimmed icons under abilities, once the ability is maxed, I think those unlock in battle, and provide special bonuses (return an orb when you use the ability, etc, stuff like that).

If anyone can tell me how to actually examine those ability bonuses I'd appreciate it :v:

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010

Aerox posted:

I've been chasing this fire dragon around the map for like six fights now -- does he ever actually die? I don't want to waste any more time or stamina on this if there's no actual reward for it.

I was able to kill the Fire Dragon in my first fight with it, he dropped his card (2 stars, didn't seem overly special) and a crystal.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

If you're on the goon spreadsheet, please remember to add SA or something like that to your profile message - I'd rather keep goons followed so they can get sweet bonuses.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

victrix posted:

I think bosses have a chance of dropping Crystals (very rarely probably), which might be why that Dragon just bops around constantly - if I'm guessing right, those are your means of farming Crystals for upgrading your jobs.

Ah, well, I've had enough of fighting it, so I'll just go on with the story then.

quote:

If anyone can tell me how to actually examine those ability bonuses I'd appreciate it :v:

Go to Ability Cards, tap on the card, and then press and hold on the icon. For example, my Famfrit has Break Exploiter (increase damage done by enemy's weakness by 25% during Break), Elemental Return (50% chance of refunding 1 elemental orb when a skill is used, 100% if a weakness) and Weakness Breaker (increases damage to Break gauge by 20% if a weakness).

Speaking of which, does the Friend card you bring give you the bonuses on the card, or does it just let you use its attack?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

Ah, well, I've had enough of fighting it, so I'll just go on with the story then.

So after this happened with the second boss, I think they are there to farm for drops. I got the augment-upgrade for 2* green cards from the Treant (green boss), and he then ported away.

I'm not sure about the friend ability. Here's some links I found with a lot more useful info, I haven't had a chance to read through them yet though:

https://koukoupuffs.net/2016/08/02/mobius-final-fantasy-tips-for-beginners/

https://koukoupuffs.net/2015/08/05/mobius-final-fantasy-general-faq/

Oh and If you go into the 30 minute timed trial area, be sure to set your combat to double speed by tapping the right arrow at the top right of the battle screen.

I didn't do this and lost a lot of time to slower animations :eng99:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Spent 5 summon tickets on the 4* draw and got... Quezacotl. Suddenly I think that was a bust and should have saved them for a Job pull.

Ah well. Hopefully they're not too hard to get again, and Quezo will be good for the Ranger. I'm a little annoyed that there are no other Earth cards right now, but I guess I'll just save all those seeds for when we finally get an Earth-based job.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
So I decided to actually play this, rolled a level 16 Belias for my summon card, is that any good? I'm kinda lost on what to do with anything, like Ability Tickets and what-not.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
I pulled Knight for my 6 summon tickets, seems so much better than Onion because 4 speed is amazing. Still slightly befuddled by cards.

Yuna is listed as a "time-limited" card, does that mean she goes away from my deck eventually, or that she won't be obtainable later on?

e: Man, it's so depressing when I somehow landed a 75k score on a map and rocketed to rank 8000-ish, and every map after have dropped in rank slowly and soon I'll be under 10000 :(

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Aug 4, 2016

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Dana Crysalis posted:

I pulled Knight for my 6 summon tickets, seems so much better than Onion because 4 speed is amazing. Still slightly befuddled by cards.

Yuna is listed as a "time-limited" card, does that mean she goes away from my deck eventually, or that she won't be obtainable later on?

e: Man, it's so depressing when I somehow landed a 75k score on a map and rocketed to rank 8000-ish, and every map after have dropped in rank slowly and soon I'll be under 10000 :(

It sounds like Yuna's card is only being handed out for a short period of time, meaning you won't be able to get it later on.

Also I'm curious if your Knight is the same class as the one Onion Knight eventually unlocks. Could you post pictures of your Skill Panels?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Eddain posted:

It sounds like Yuna's card is only being handed out for a short period of time, meaning you won't be able to get it later on.

Also I'm curious if your Knight is the same class as the one Onion Knight eventually unlocks. Could you post pictures of your Skill Panels?

From what I hear, they're the same except the pulled one has better stats. Here's my panels.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Yeah, and it looks like it's a standalone class with no upgrade path. Wonder how nice that Defender sword is though.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Eddain posted:

Yeah, and it looks like it's a standalone class with no upgrade path. Wonder how nice that Defender sword is though.

I just unlocked it, so the answer is!

Same attack power as Brotherhood, 5 less Break Power, 1 star less Crit (so yes, no stars in crit chance)
Special ability is Earth Draw: "Moderately increases chances of drawing Earth Orbs." Which might be kinda useful for me since I pulled a Raiden, hmmmmm.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
I unlocked White Mage and it owns so far

Probably going to get the Mobius Box tonight

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
One thing so far I definitely don't like is the rental cards are very unreliable. I mean I have nearly 30 goons followed, and my rentals I see maybe one or two?

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Dana Crysalis posted:

One thing so far I definitely don't like is the rental cards are very unreliable. I mean I have nearly 30 goons followed, and my rentals I see maybe one or two?

This. Also, it'd be nice to be able to refresh the rentals without having to restart the game.

Overall though, I'm really enjoying this game and it'll probably replace one of the 5 other mobile games I've been playing.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
I grabbed the Mobius Box; it is extremely worth it imo considering all the stuff you get + double skillseeds.

My Job Pulls were Warrior and Knight; my phones about to die but I'll grab a screenshot if anyone is going down that path and we can compare the two.

Double Rabite
Mar 30, 2010

Typical Saturday night dance party.
Anyone successful at getting this to run on an emulator? After a lot of jumping though loops, I got it to run on blue stacks. Even then the textures wouldn’t load so the game was borderline unplayable.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Double Rabite posted:

Anyone successful at getting this to run on an emulator? After a lot of jumping though loops, I got it to run on blue stacks. Even then the textures wouldn’t load so the game was borderline unplayable.

I got it to run just fine on bluestacks using this guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/MobiusFF/comments/4v19cm/how_to_play_mobius_on_emulator/

I have a 970 on my PC so after step 12, it ran just fine. Had to turn the resolution up high though as it defaulted to low in the Mobius settings.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
So I'm hearing to save your summon tickets so you can get "limited edition" jobs. This pains me. Knight's fine and all, but I'd like a better mage and ranger class cause the starters are pretty blah.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Inkel posted:

This. Also, it'd be nice to be able to refresh the rentals without having to restart the game.

Push the refresh button. It's the tiny circle at the top of the list

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

U-DO Burger posted:

Push the refresh button. It's the tiny circle at the top of the list

Wow, I'm blind - I never even noticed that button. Thanks!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I briefly tried mage and rogue, but warrior is just the only one that can really dish it and take it, especially my new Warrior class. What's the advantage for the others besides elemental access?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Tae posted:

I briefly tried mage and rogue, but warrior is just the only one that can really dish it and take it, especially my new Warrior class. What's the advantage for the others besides elemental access?

Rogue has a well-balanced mix: more crits, better breaking, more Magic than Warrior. It's only lacking in Defence. Access to Wind is also really good in Chapter 2, where there are lots of Earth enemies.

Mage has been dipping a bit for me - Blizzagas hit hard, but its attacks are pretty wimpy which make it take longer to break enemies. I know White Mage gets a substantial strength boost, but I'm not even sure if I'll take it that far.

I'm still sitting on one crystal, unsure of if I should unlock Warrior yet, or maybe pray to pull a Warrior job out of the gatcha and save the crystal to unlock the tier two jobs later. My best Fire cards are Mage, too.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
So, is it best to use summon tickets for job cards, 4* ability pulls, or should I be hoarding them for some special event??

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Aerox posted:

So, is it best to use summon tickets for job cards, 4* ability pulls, or should I be hoarding them for some special event??

either hoard them or use them for job cards

ApplesandOranges posted:

Mage has been dipping a bit for me - Blizzagas hit hard, but its attacks are pretty wimpy which make it take longer to break enemies. I know White Mage gets a substantial strength boost, but I'm not even sure if I'll take it that far.

the white mage job gets a massive str boost that honestly still feels like "not enough", but i'm hoping black mage fixes that. first glance at the BLM board shows that it might (+45 attack total)

also here are the differences between Warrior (Job Card Draw) and Warrior (Onion Knight):

and, if you're curious what the stats on the falchion are:

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Looking for friends!

IGN: Pepsiman
4024 3ce7 7fd6

The Yuna card and brotherhood are 'preregistration' rewards. It was the same in JP.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Well gently caress this game, turns out they secretly segregated NA and SEA players on different servers so much for global. Even the apk has different versions.

I tried adding goons but as I downloader this from the Asian Googleplay store I can't find any of you.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

EzEight posted:

Well gently caress this game, turns out they secretly segregated NA and SEA players on different servers so much for global. Even the apk has different versions.

I tried adding goons but as I downloader this from the Asian Googleplay store I can't find any of you.

Could maybe go snatch the apk from a mirror site?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Just started this, rolled a rogue. It's pretty fun actually, the skill and battle system flows really nicely. I assume stamina is the equivalent of NRG in BE but uhh.... it seems like it's basically unlimited, I have full stamina with like +50 extra after beating the runic temple. Do you get any kind of bonuses for following friends other than just being able to use their abilities in battle? What do I do with all these extra copies of useless cards I'm accumulating? Fuse them together?

• Locked thread