Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sticky Nate posted:

Smackdown LIVE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SmackDown Live

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

To be honest, everyone in the still image looks under the influence of drugs

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Should I watch Raw? I haven't read any spoilers, is it worth it? Raw is becoming a slog. Can you believe up until this year I had NEVER missed a Raw since I started watching, twelve years ago?

CHRIST

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

rovert posted:

Sasha should get elocution lessons or stop day drinking if she is required to speak on live TV.

she should became a sculpturer

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Someone please elaborate on my friend Cesaro cheating to win.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Alan_Shore posted:

Should I watch Raw? I haven't read any spoilers, is it worth it? Raw is becoming a slog. Can you believe up until this year I had NEVER missed a Raw since I started watching, twelve years ago?

CHRIST

It was Not Good™. Watch the Jericho/Sami segment and that's about it.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Alan_Shore posted:

CHRIST

What parts were good were still pretty skippable in the grand scheme of things, just read a synopsis. Maybe watch the Highlight Reel so you can receive the gift of Jericho. Drink it in, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

DeepDickPizza posted:

It was Not Good™. Watch the Jericho/Sami segment and that's about it.

Thanks brotha, always love that Jericho

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Suplex Liberace posted:

Someone please elaborate on my friend Cesaro cheating to win.

his back hurt a great deal which limited his ability to perform all those moves we know and love so when he finally got that big rear end in a top hat cheater sheamus (who cut a promo before the match about how he's not even worried about tonight so he's just going to coast to a victory at some point over the next two weeks) to the mat he got his feet up on the ropes and pushed off to assist in his pin, knowing that a title shot was on the line if he couldn't escape this week

if you followed the story they're telling with the best of 7 series so far it was a good character moment from the swiss superman cesaro

oatgan fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Sep 13, 2016

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
He got us

https://twitter.com/RusevBUL/status/775073571584483329

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Watching the Foley and Seth backstage segment. Is Mick new character Intellectual disability? He doesnt look well in the head, also he really needs to be on 3 segments?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
aj styles

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Jay 2K Winger posted:

I got my PWG "Thirteen" DVD and watched that instead of Raw.

Did I make the smart choice?

I didn't watch Raw but I did like Thirteen a lot! I do want to see that title match again, I loved it at the time.

Alan_Shore posted:

CHRIST

That's a whole lot of hours spent watching some really dire wrestling, yikes

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Sep 13, 2016

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Thank you, for this.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
SmackDown Live!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
lol I didn't notice that she checkered the lipstick

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMKw7TfXPco

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

that poor kid is going to have deep rooted issues with woman when he get older because of Nia jax killing a person in front of him.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

KungFu Grip posted:

Sasha Banks defeats Bayley and Dana Brooke by rolling up Bayley to get her rematch against Charlotte. Sasha's shoulders were also down.
I just got off a 3 hour flight and the last thing I read on my phone was the reaction to this and I'm still laughing

this sounds like a bad Raw but I'm loving stoked to finally get to watch Backlash tonight!

quote:

Tom Phillips is backstage interviewing Universal Champion Kevin Owens. Owens is still calling him the wrong name. He promises that Roman Reigns won't be added to the match. Jericho is standing behind Tom and is mad at Foley for stealing the guest of the Highlight Reel away from him tonight. He says instead his guest will be Owens' former friend Sami Zayn. He says he's gonna prove that Sami is nothing but a Stupid Idi-It!

Jericho invites Sami to the Highlight Reel. He wanted the highest of the highs with Owens but will settle with the lowest of the low with Sami. Sami says Jericho is a fool if he doesn't know how Owens really treats his friends. Jericho says he's BFFs and has been texting Owens all night because Owens has a new phone number that Sami can't have. Sami questions what became of the world traveling wrestler that he and Owens looked up to because from what he sees Jericho's just become Owens' bitch. Jericho says he got a text from Owens about Sami and asked if he wanted to see it before smashing the phone on Sami's head then hitting a Codebreaker.

this sounds good though and i hope it is on youtube. sami sounds uncharacteristically rude to jericho here tho

quote:

After the match Swagger is walking backstage and gets stopped. He's asked by Tom Phillips what's next for Jack Swagger because everyone knows that his WWE Raw contract is expiring soon. Swagger just storms off.

????

quote:

Kevin Owens is walking to the ring for his match when Seth Rollins stops him. Owens says if Rollins touches him he loses his one on one title shot, but Rollins says he doesn't want to give up his chance to beat HHH's new golden boy one on one. Owens comments how he doesn't believe Rollins can beat him as he's had people help him win his whole title reign and since he's been back he's only lost. Owens says the new catchphrase "Redesign, Rebuild, Reclaim" should be more like "Redesign, Rebuild, Replaced." Foley shows up an tells Owens to knock it off and get to the ring. Foley tells Rollins he knows he wants revenge on Owens but if he interferes in the match there will be serious consequences.

Kevin Owens has a match based around avoiding Roman Reigns and putting him in multiple headlocks and literally nothing happened until Seth attacked Owens. Owens won the match via DQ and Roman was out of the Universal Title match. However Foley and agents come out and pull Seth off Owens. Foley says that Seth couldn't listen and now they're gonna have a talk and the consequences will be handed out. Foley says the match isn't ending that way and is being restarted.

Kevin Owens defeats Roman Reigns by pinfall after Rusev returns and distracts Roman Reigns.

Rusev continues to assault Roman Reigns as Lana watches to end the show.

this all sounds loving incredible

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

abraham linksys posted:

this sounds good though and i hope it is on youtube. sami sounds uncharacteristically rude to jericho here tho

WWE 'even our faces are assholes' syndrome

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

abraham linksys posted:

I just got off a 3 hour flight and the last thing I read on my phone was the reaction to this and I'm still laughing

this sounds like a bad Raw but I'm loving stoked to finally get to watch Backlash tonight!

????

this all sounds loving incredible
Things that were good:
Jericho: every moment. Sami wasn't as much of a prick but I felt was that guy warning Jericho what will happen. Zayn and Jericho will be a good feud.
KO and especially the Seth and KO confrontation: The icing on top of the bloody cake was as KO goes to leave he gives this freakin laugh. The whole exchange was great as KO just walked all over Seth verbally. Granted I've always been a KO fan but man.... he's such a great rear end in a top hat champion.
The match was better than the OP suggested. Good match tho it seemed like high pitched cheers were still coming for Roman. KO got tons of cheers. Rusev had a chant going at the end so yay for people embracing a true champion versus Roman.
In the Women's Champ thang: Bayley was cool and people still like her so its worth a watch.

The Swagger and Jinder thing was bizarre. I couldn't tell Jinder's finisher but it looked like a weak RKO. Couldn't tell but its not good. Was the first time I've seen Swagger in a year (I think). His contract coming up is odd. I was thinking about it as he lost but now its an angle? Who knows. Still think Swagger would do good in other feds. Jinder was jobbing one moment but he might get a Titus program I guess.

I skipped Cesaro as once I saw Shaemus I knew it was time to go smoke and do something else for a bit. I'm not going to watch any more of his matches.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'd hazard a guess that the Swagger Raw contract coming up is an excuse to get him over to Smackdown to try and revitalise his career/give their roster some depth.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

WrasslorMonkey posted:

It's like you actually have two different people in your head.

both of them garbage

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

GOAT

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

DoctorGonzo posted:

Watching the Foley and Seth backstage segment. Is Mick new character Intellectual disability? He doesnt look well in the head, also he really needs to be on 3 segments?

it less a character trait and more 'consequence of mick foley's life choices'

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Nia Jax is basically a female version of exactly what Roman should be. They should totally team up against Rusev and Lana.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Jericho lying face down on the floor to reach Sami's level was where the show peaked

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

VJeff posted:

Nia Jax is basically a female version of exactly what Roman should be. They should totally team up against Rusev and Lana.

But she's built more like a female Rhyno, so logically she should be on Smackdown to give Rhyno and Slater a partner that allows the trio to take on all comers.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

DoctorGonzo posted:

SmackDown Live!

*nods sagely*

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.

Baron Corbyn posted:

I'd hazard a guess that the Swagger Raw contract coming up is an excuse to get him over to Smackdown to try and revitalise his career/give their roster some depth.
That actually sounds like a good idea. Swagger is big and athletic but low to mid card due to having no charisma or mic skills. Maybe on Smackdown they can give him a Ziggler type push where he's at least seen as a credible wrestler, instead of jobbing him out to another jobber.

Enzo Amore is really good on the mic minus the stupid entrance catchphrase. Whenever New Day drops the tag titles, I hope Enzo and Cass get them in short order. Speaking of New Day, they're at their best when they come out first and talk poo poo. Looks like they're making WWE bank with their merch so I doubt we'll see them go heel anytime soon which is a shame.

I hope this Brooke and Charlotte thing runs its course soon, because it just comes off as stupid and annoying. I like how Sasha, Bayley, or Charlotte would all make a good women's champ, hopefully they can add more to make the division better.

I like how Kevin Owens upstaged Rollins backstage on the mic.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Grozz Nuy posted:

WWE 'even our faces are assholes' syndrome

the faces have to be assholes because the heels arent allowed to do anything really heelish and the personal conflict has to come from somewhere

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Baron Corbyn posted:

That's actually pretty drat good. Swaggie could certainly fill out SmackDown's midcard and he'd probably get over within a month or two if used correctly.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Rovert finding absurd new ways to poo poo on Sasha is my favorite thing about raw now

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Charlotte taking one look at Dana in their backstage segment and then nearly corpsing was the highlight of the show for me.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

KungFu Grip posted:

After the match Swagger is walking backstage and gets stopped. He's asked by Tom Phillips what's next for Jack Swagger because everyone knows that his WWE Raw contract is expiring soon. Swagger just storms off.

lmao this is the second time Swagger gets this exact segment

the last time he disappeared for half a year and then had his godawful We The People push

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Rovert finding absurd new ways to poo poo on Sasha is my favorite thing about raw now

Charlotte is gonna be so jealous.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

sportsgenius86 posted:

Sasha was actually the one with the nanny all along.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
Paige oh god why

• Locked thread