Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

somebody post that gif of jeremy clarkson rolling one doing like 10mph

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

NihilismNow posted:

It won't be 7k though. And just a few k more and you are into Toyota Aygo territory. Which is not a great car but hey at least it has 4 wheels and seats 4 small to moderate sized people.

For 7-8k you can buy a pretty nice used Honda or Toyota sedan.

lolling at how the whole thing looks like a scam especially when you read the financial disclosure information on the company and how the company keeps on pushing back ship dates.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

LordArgh posted:

Messerschmitt already made this car 50 years ago

Yeah, and then they lost a world war and were never heard from again. make a point, you chucklefuck.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

AugmentedVision posted:

the no man's sky of cars

I legit know somebody IRL who pre-ordered one of these about a year ago. I'll keep y'all posted about how that goes.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

fakeaccount posted:

I legit know somebody IRL who pre-ordered one of these about a year ago. I'll keep y'all posted about how that goes.

well they keep pushing back ship dates and the federally required disclosure pointed out they don't have enough excess cash to actually make it to production.

Sluggz
Jun 15, 2002

Some crazy fucks will put a turbo superbike engine in one, should be interesting. Although it will probably come out as soon as this thing comes out, so never. http://www.flytheroad.com/

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Saw one of those motorcycle-engine trike things coming out of the parking lot of a wildlife refuge I visited last Sunday. It sounded like it was powered by cat torture or something - it was not a healthy vehicle.

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

LordArgh posted:

I'm always confused when companies proudly state that their product is "American made". Why would they want to advertise the fact that it'll be badly made and overpriced for what you're getting?

What year do you think this is?

tsa
Feb 3, 2014
It's like how old conservative comedians still make jokes about the DMV and everyone in the audience is like wtf (what the gently caress) you can register your car online now dummy.

njark
Apr 26, 2008

Show them the Wasteland
I like the part where its using the old Camaro steering wheel.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Can someone tell me the point of a 3 wheeled car? Like, what advantage does it have over 4 wheels?

naem
May 29, 2011

Pawn 17 posted:

Can someone tell me the point of a 3 wheeled car? Like, what advantage does it have over 4 wheels?

Usually it's been a motorcycle engine powering one wheel and then a car shaped canopy on top. It's one of those ideas that pops up as cheap local transportation during a gas crisis or in crowded area with no parking, or in countries where motorcycle licenses are easier to get

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pawn 17 posted:

Well for the Reliant Robin the only gimmick was it could be registered as a motorcycle class vehicle and therefore had lower yearly taxes/registration fees.

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

Pawn 17 posted:

Since it is impossible to avoid potholes you don't stress about avoiding them so the journey is more relaxing.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
I mean there's gonna be less rolling resistance so it should be good? Although a regular car with 25% narrower tires would probably be better

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

naem posted:

Usually it's been a motorcycle engine powering one wheel and then a car shaped canopy on top. It's one of those ideas that pops up as cheap local transportation during a gas crisis or in crowded area with no parking, or in countries where motorcycle licenses are easier to get

I guess, but you still have to move more mass, so why not just hook that motor up to a drive train and power two wheels. The car is that wide anyhow and you don't really lose that much energy afaik.

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Sep 29, 2016

naem
May 29, 2011

Pawn 17 posted:

I guess, but you still have to move more mass, so why not just hook that motor up to a drive train and power two wheels. The car is that wide anyhow and you don't really lose that much energy afaik.

This is why every time the idea pops up people go naaaaaaaah

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!

Soylent Yellow posted:

It'll be pure death to cyclists.

About time, cyclists are awful and deserve whatever they get hit by

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

naem posted:

In other words, poor third-world countries.

Pawn 17 posted:

Because then you have to obey the laws for cars which say you have to have airbags and safety equipment and poo poo.

Stalizard posted:

About time, cyclists are awful and deserve whatever they get hit by

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Mange Mite posted:

In other words, poor third-world countries.

U.k., Italy, so yes

• Locked thread