Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

afeelgoodpoop posted:

lol at people saying they couldn't learn it itt. if you have two working legs and play videogames you are primed to be able to do it.

*main hobby scientifically shown to increases concentration ability aswell as mindfullness of possible actions* No! I don't want that!

Add gamers to the list of awful people who drive stick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

lmao

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

it also helps teach you to jerk cocks with some really english

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

afeelgoodpoop posted:

lol at people saying they couldn't learn it itt. if you have two working legs and play videogames you are primed to be able to do it.

*main hobby scientifically shown to increases concentration ability aswell as mindfullness of possible actions* No! I don't want that!

I'm bad at videogames too

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
If driving a manual is a hassle to you because of traffic you probably shouldn't be in a car

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

FuhrerHat posted:

it also helps teach you to jerk cocks with some really english

What?

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Peddle2thaMetal posted:

Manual is fun, probably even more fun if you have a sweet/fast ride.

driving isn't supposed to be "fun"

it's just for practical transportation

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Quadrapellegiance posted:

this is a poo poo post, and is factually false.

manual transmissions typically get better gas mileage, idiot

and no one wants to borrow your car since they're dumb and have no coordination, that's a double win imo

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
manual is fun right up until you don't live in some rural area and have to deal with medium-heavy traffic every day

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
i think a key factor to enjoying a manual transmission is not spending five hours in gridlock traffic every day. its really cool to stomp the gas and drop it into 2nd imo. vroom vroom motherfuckers

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Blazing Zero posted:

i think a key factor to enjoying a manual transmission is not spending five hours in gridlock traffic. its really cool to stomp the gas and drop it into 2nd imo. vroom vroom motherfuckers

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
The only reasons I can think of that justify owning an automatic over a manual is

- Eatin' french fries while driving.
- Staying very close to the back of the next guy in this traffic jam. gently caress YOU, DON'T MERGE WITH ME!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dave_Indeed posted:

The only reasons I can think of that justify owning an automatic over a manual is

- Staying very close to the back of the next guy in this traffic jam. gently caress YOU, DON'T MERGE WITH ME!

smoking weed
jackin it

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Azerban posted:

and no one wants to borrow your car since they're dumb and have no coordination, that's a double win imo

another unappreciated benefit of the manual transmission

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yeah except they say "no i can drive it no worries" and borrow it anyway and gently caress up your tranny

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

yeah except they say "no i can drive it no worries" and borrow it anyway and gently caress up your tranny

if your friends or family does this to you, you have bigger problems than a hosed up transmission

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

Jagweed millennials think they can just google everything.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

don't use that slur

soupbone sal
Oct 29, 2016

bag em and tag em posted:

It's true I am poor and drive manual. I want to have more money but I just dont. Sorry.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Blazing Zero posted:

if your friends or family does this to you, you have bigger problems than a hosed up transmission

maybe but that would require me to trust people aren't morons in the first place and I don't lol

doesn't even have to be malicious, people are just morons

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Be gentle on the stick, dont gently caress up your tranny

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Dave_Indeed posted:

Moridin920 posted:

smoking weed
jackin it

If you're saying it's easier to do these things in an automatic, sure I'll give you the point. If you're saying you can't do any of these things in a manual, I'm gonna start arguing.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

do people really just give car keys to other people w/o being sure they know how to drive? lmbo

hopefully they back over you on the way to smashing into a telephone pole

soupbone sal
Oct 29, 2016
You're not a man unless you can smoke a cigarette, talk on the phone and eat french fries while driving a manual.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
I mean surely most people that don't know how to drive a manual won't even really be able to get it started and in gear, right?

Seems like a nonissue.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

you underestimate the power of stupidity

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
I guess most people are triers so they might look it up on youtube for 2 minutes before they have a go

soupbone sal
Oct 29, 2016
The point is you have an excuse to never let anyone else drive your car in the first place.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

This stupid poo poo is why we're going to be stuck with self-driving cars and uppity millenials ragging on 'Nonproductive Commuting' because people who drive aren't working on their instagram pages or whatever

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

please dont give your car keys to idiots. if they smash into a loaded family van, its your fault :ohdear:

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

if you can't drive stick you probably didn't have very good parents

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
look all I'm gonna say here is when your GF is on a bunch of pills and unable to drive don't accept at face value that your friend can "totally drive a manual bro" because your GF's BMW M3 might not be 100% as you left it

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

You know what really grinds my gears? People who grind their gears.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

bone app the teeth posted:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

actually, my parents cant drive manual either. my best friend taught me

Moridin920 posted:

look all I'm gonna say here is when your GF is on a bunch of pills and unable to drive don't accept at face value that your friend can "totally drive a manual bro" because your GF's BMW M3 might not be 100% as you left it

if your gf has a bmw m3, just get the butler to drive

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

yeah my parents didn't raise me right

it's also their fault i'm a kissless virgin

soupbone sal
Oct 29, 2016

Moridin920 posted:

Why would my friend be driving around my drugged up girlfriend in the first place??

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
John Travolta embarrassingly not being able to drive stick as well as just being high as poo poo would only have added to the OD scene from Pulp Fiction

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

yeah moridin's example has a lot of plot holes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

look at me i lack basic adult skills

• Locked thread