Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impkins Patootie

Macnult posted:

my younger brother used to innocently drop the F bomb at firetrucks when pronouncing firetruck. he also hated firetrucks because of how loud they were, but that had nothing to do with the mispronunciation

yea :same: tho im the older sib

i guess im a very sensitive and fragile individual whatev

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scroon

Hello yes I would like to learn more about these exciting opportunities in making firetruck my favorite word thank you

Fuck My Ass
firetruck my rear end

Thank you, very nice I like. For the insanely win sig.

Macnult

gently caress My rear end posted:

firetruck my rear end

FactsAreUseless

gently caress My rear end posted:

firetruck my rear end
No, I confirmed. It is a firetruck.

FactsAreUseless

It's good that FYAD has so many funny words to choose from, that give the forum its distinct character. I think we in BYOB should have a few ourselves. For instance, a funny word, could be "firetruck," in honor of something in our childhoods. We could use it to identify each other, in BYOB, by saying things such as "firetruck," to each other. So if we saw each other, for example at the grocery store, we could say "firetruck" and the other person would know that was because it is a funny word to say, and they could say it back, or they might not, that's up to them.

FactsAreUseless

Here is an example of what I mean, in the form of a skit, that I think we could perform in pairs to practice for if it happens to us in real life. Okay, here it is:

Two BYOB posters are at the store making purchases.

BYOB poster 1: Firetruck

BYOB poster 2: I can't hear you over the sound of the cash register, due to I am making a purchase.

BYOB poster 1 (more loudly): Firetruck

BYOB poster 2: Oh, okay. I can hear you now, because you repeated yourself. Firetruck.

BYOB poster 1: Firetruck

Cashier: Firetruck. I am not from BYOB, but I said it, because I saw that you are saying it. I like that we are all saying it.

BYOB poster 1: Then maybe I can tell you, about our website, you have to pay money to join

Cashier: That seems good to me, and I think it's something a lot of people want to do also

That's the end of the sketch. I can play the cashier, or we could ask a parent to do it, or we could take turns doing it.

FactsAreUseless

BYOB poster 2 gets fewer lines, and he doesn't have to repeat himself louder, so if you were shy or had stage fright, you could be that character, or you could be an "extra," which is a movie term for another person at the store, but if you do that you can't do any of the other characters that time unless we start over.

cda

by Hand Knit
Fart Firetruck Hell

Fuck My Ass

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's good that FYAD has so many funny words to choose from, that give the forum its distinct character. I think we in BYOB should have a few ourselves. For instance, a funny word, could be "firetruck," in honor of something in our childhoods. We could use it to identify each other, in BYOB, by saying things such as "firetruck," to each other. So if we saw each other, for example at the grocery store, we could say "firetruck" and the other person would know that was because it is a funny word to say, and they could say it back, or they might not, that's up to them.

I offered to donate 300 dollars to the forums in the name of BYOB if you could somehow get us a sigdivider or rotating flags I posted about it in QCS

Thank you, very nice I like. For the insanely win sig.

City of Glompton

Listen, not to be a downer or anything, but the word "firetruck" is dumb. The truck is not on fire, nor is it intended to cause fires. We should be calling it an "anti-fire-truck" or perhaps a "watertruck".

"Firetruck" sounds cool but misnomers like this contribute to the erosion of our language. Remember:

“The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name.

― Confucius

Thank you for your time.

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Manifisto

woah nice sig (he said toughly), when/how did you get??

City of Glompton

I obtained it after completing a series of challenges of ever-increasing difficulty, like looking at cute cat pictures without smiling, reading youtube comments, and google searching while holding my breath

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Macnult

City of Glompton posted:

I obtained it after completing a series of challenges of ever-increasing difficulty, like looking at cute cat pictures without smiling, reading youtube comments, and google searching while holding my breath

holy anti-fire watertruck that's tough

Scroon

I tried making firetruck my favorite word but something went wrong and now my favorite word is lumbago

Somebody help please

Peg Sliderskew

Scroon posted:

I tried making firetruck my favorite word but something went wrong and now my favorite word is lumbago

Somebody help please

Any time you think of or say the word lumbago, leap in front of a speeding firetruck. It's like aversion therapy but you don't have to pay for it.

Courtesy of Manifisto

Impkins Patootie

highertruck

guess i still got it afterall...boo boop bee boo boop

DragQueenofAngmar

You shall not pass!

Scroon posted:

Somebody help please

things could have gone worse, lumbago is pretty fun to say

Peg Sliderskew

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

things could have gone worse, lumbago is pretty fun to say

If you think that's fun, try saying PLUMbago!!

Courtesy of Manifisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanisher

Manifisto posted:

woah nice sig (he said toughly), when/how did you get??

I was there when she got it through illegitimate means don't believe her

• Locked thread