Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
there was absolutely 0 reason to do it in the ring and had it been a backstage segment she wouldn't have gotten boo'd at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Getting the gently caress off camera for a month is also the best loving thing that could happen to Bayley right now so loving lol at trying to play up some sympathy poo poo here.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Alexa caught heat for the "This is Your Life" bit, so it's not like it's just a Bayley thing. Obviously they don't have control if they are told to do something in the ring, but once it's in front of the crowd it's fair game.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

That said: also lol that they did indeed make sure to maker her look like complete poo poo one more time before she takes a little break

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

a new study bible! posted:

Since you need someone to explain how different situations might elicit different reactions, I'll just cover the top three for you:

1) Finn's injury was more serious
2) Finn was actually over at the time of his injury
3) Finn won the inaugural match for the most important title in the company literally the night before

If you can't understand why one situation necessitated a promo and the other didn't, then you are just being obtuse. Bayley isn't giving up a title and disappearing for half a year. She'll be back in a month.

Okay since you're playing this game:

1) How do you know?
2) Granted.
3) Bayley was still #1 contender for her particular division's top title at the second biggest show of the year. It's still, in theory, a pretty big deal and they should treat it like one if they really wanna build up women's wrestling in their company.

Seriously though how do we know Bayley will only be out a month?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

loooooooooooooooooooooooooool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ_oIbCItQA

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
The crowd had the same reaction to Jason Jordan as they did to Bayley. When certain characters have terrible segments or awful storylines every week, it doesn't take much for the live crowd to recognize where it's going and respond accordingly.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

bayley also shouldn't have acknowledged the boos

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov38 posted:

That's actually a fair point, I remember them being a lot louder before she acknowledged them. I will forever think it's a dick move though.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

This is like that clip where Big Show was talking about the Please Retire chants and how he understood it was people who didn't feel entertained by his lovely booking, not people who actually hated him.

Bayley's been used horribly and no one cares about her thanking her Twitter supporters, so people booed. It was a bad segment. Despite what her hair and outfit would suggest, she's actually an adult woman and does this for a living and I'm pretty sure she can handle it.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I saw your tweets, and your posts

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I means till not as bad/funny as when Roman Reigns got a cancer kid booed.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Erebus posted:

This is like that clip where Big Show was talking about the Please Retire chants and how he understood it was people who didn't feel entertained by his lovely booking, not people who actually hated him.

Bayley's been used horribly and no one cares about her thanking her Twitter supporters, so people booed. It was a bad segment. Despite what her hair and outfit would suggest, she's actually an adult woman and does this for a living and I'm pretty sure she can handle it.

I'm not saying it's gonna ruin her life or anything but I'm sure it felt lovely during an already lovely time.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Bayley's transformation from looking like the big sister you love that just went off to college into Dixie Carter is almost complete

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Heels really have so much more leeway and so many more options when it comes to crowd interaction. They should either be yelling at people who cheer them, or demanding that booers shut up to make them boo even harder. Faces can really only play to very positive crowd reactions.

I think the crowd would have been fine with Bayley giving the typical "I'm going to come back better and stronger and kick Nia Jax's rear end!" but instead she talked about how sad she was and how fan tweets made her feel better and man that is laaaaaame. I don't enjoy injury promos (or injury updates, actually) and I don't enjoy Bayley's promos regardless but it definitely could have been handled better.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

CubsWoo posted:

Bayley's transformation from looking like the big sister you love that just went off to college into Dixie Carter is almost complete

Wow, I guess in a way I was right about Dixie Carter being on Raw all along.

Anyway, the point where that promo died for me is that they made a point of Bayley not watching the screen and then she was like "yeah I couldn't watch it because it made me too mad." That's a really stupid line and it just makes Bayley look like a whiny loser like everything else they've done with her.

Foochs is right in that it's kind of a dick move to boo someone that got legit injured trying to entertain you and is missing a chance to have a marquee match on a big 4 PPV in an arena that's probably really freaking special to them.
Everyone else is right in that that promo loving sucked and the audience had a right to voice their disapproval of it.

Unfortunately until we all band together and start chanting "WHO BOOKED THIS CRAP? *clap clap clapclapclap*" this unfortunate situation will continue.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Am I the only one disappointed that they have had 2 "Shark Cage" stipulations recently and not brought back the Crash Cage? It just makes sense since people can jump off it or whatever.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also this is the first time probably ever in the era of Takeover Saturday/WWE Sunday that I think the main show card looks a thousand times better.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Barclay's Center blows, it's not special to anyone.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

dromal phrenia posted:

Jerk detected! This user is on your ignore list, click to view post anyway

She wouldn't be in a position to be booed at an inopportune time if her promos didn't uniformly suck rear end.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

a new study bible! posted:

Since you need someone to explain how different situations might elicit different reactions, I'll just cover the top three for you:

1) Finn's injury was more serious
2) Finn was actually over at the time of his injury
3) Finn won the inaugural match for the most important title in the company literally the night before

If you can't understand why one situation necessitated a promo and the other didn't, then you are just being obtuse. Bayley isn't giving up a title and disappearing for half a year. She'll be back in a month.

I think another factor on top of this is the crowd just knew that was Finn's moment and real chance to be The Guy. Roman was in the midst of his post-suspension punishment, HHH was pushing hard for Finn to carry Raw through the fall before Vince inevitably shoved Reigns back in the main event. The window shut on him just as it was opening, and he might not ever get it again.

Conversely Bayley already had her moment, just the moment was loving terribly executed with Sasha handing her the belt, what should have been her Wrestlemania coronation being a multwomen title defense match, how awful her Alexa feud had been. Bayley's been on a downward slope while Finn was on one of the biggest upswings of his career. Add the general smarkiness of tonight's crowd on top of this and well...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They boo people they don't like why are you writing paragraphs?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

The Barclay's Center blows, it's not special to anyone.

I'm talking about besides the Islanders.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

RacistGuidingLight posted:

She wouldn't be in a position to be booed at an inopportune time if her promos didn't uniformly suck rear end.

Aww don't have poor dromal on your ignore list. I know Alexa posters are the worst but dromal's one of the good ones.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Yeah this was the big mistake, it instantly gave them attention and generated more because they knew it was getting under her skin.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It pisses me off not knowing what you all are talking about because i missed a large majority of the show. rear end hell

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

What the hell are you talking about?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Got admit the camera work for Joe coming out of the crowd to choke out Roman was actually great.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Do not even ask posted:

I will curate my content how I see fit, thank you.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jerusalem posted:

no...

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

RacistGuidingLight posted:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

What the hell are you talking about?

We're talking about people booing the legit injured Bayley.

Also you missed WWE simultaneously not striking while the iron was hottest and also doing brilliant storytelling with Seth and Dean. I know people were saying Seth not accepting it made no sense but of course it did. He was still pissed that Dean sat back and let him get the poo poo beat out of him. They still should've had The Moment tonight, but hell, I'm still going to mark like gently caress when they finally win the titles and make up and I think the crowd will too. Especially if it's in Brooklyn.

What I'd do is have Kurt announce the tag title match for Summerslam, have the question be "Can they overcome the Friendship Powers of Sheamus and Cesaro?" and then they win the titles with cool-rear end teamwork in a great match and have them finally do the 2/3 Shield Pose with the titles over their shoulders while Brooklyn goes apeshit.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
that would be a cool moment but i think "Seth wants to do it but dean doesnt!" then "Now dean wants to do it but seth doesnt!" cheapens it. shoudl have just had a staredown before seth walking off or something because he was still feelingshurt from earlier while people wonder if dean is gonna do it *then* maybe have them win the titles and do the pose finally. i just think the second tease but ~role reversed~ adds nothing and honestly detracts from it a little because it feels hokey

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MotU posted:

that would be a cool moment but i think "Seth wants to do it but dean doesnt!" then "Now dean wants to do it but seth doesnt!" cheapens it. shoudl have just had a staredown before seth walking off or something because he was still feelingshurt from earlier while people wonder if dean is gonna do it *then* maybe have them win the titles and do the pose finally. i just think the second tease but ~role reversed~ adds nothing and honestly detracts from it a little because it feels hokey

Agree but from my perspective it's like taking it from a 100/100 down to like an 87/100. Still a bomb-rear end angle, a good moment, good use of both guys, generally great storytelling other than the one misstep, and a setup for lots of cool-rear end tag matches.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
im just mad b/c the fist bump then woudl have made me more interested in them again and now i just feel jerked around but not in a 'worked' way

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MotU posted:

im just mad b/c the fist bump then woudl have made me more interested in them again and now i just feel jerked around but not in a 'worked' way

I can understand your pain and frustration and I hope you get entertained enough by what's to come that your interest comes back around friendo.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Hahaha poo poo apparently a shark cage match is an actual thing. The Enzo rumors must be true.

I for one am still cheering for the star crossed lovers to finally bump fists, but man my interest is waning every time they do the exact same match with the exact same finish.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

We're talking about people booing the legit injured Bayley.

Also you missed WWE simultaneously not striking while the iron was hottest and also doing brilliant storytelling with Seth and Dean. I know people were saying Seth not accepting it made no sense but of course it did. He was still pissed that Dean sat back and let him get the poo poo beat out of him. They still should've had The Moment tonight, but hell, I'm still going to mark like gently caress when they finally win the titles and make up and I think the crowd will too. Especially if it's in Brooklyn.

What I'd do is have Kurt announce the tag title match for Summerslam, have the question be "Can they overcome the Friendship Powers of Sheamus and Cesaro?" and then they win the titles with cool-rear end teamwork in a great match and have them finally do the 2/3 Shield Pose with the titles over their shoulders while Brooklyn goes apeshit.

Thanks man. you helped me and I won't forget

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

Thanks man. you helped me and I won't forget

Any time buddy. :)

I do agree tonight would've been best but I still think the angle is very much salvageable, unlike say, poor Bayley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://twitter.com/WWECesaro/status/894782931947749376

I'm sorry Foochs I cannot approve of the heinous villainous actions of your boy Dean Ambrose

• Locked thread