Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Pick posted:

ugh i got old too young

i feel like an ol person when i see this poo poo

im like "tide pods are expensive man don't waste those"

is there any reason to use laundry pods instead of regular liquid detergent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Harald posted:

waht the heck?

They eat the poopoo!

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I lol at the capitalist society that made this possible. The one that created abundance without social controls. You know which one.

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

Former DILF posted:

They eat the poopoo!

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

doverhog posted:

I lol at the capitalist society that made this possible. The one that created abundance without social controls. You know which one.

yeah gently caress china

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

Well, if you like giving more money to Tide and associated parent companies then yes.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

China does not function without US companies outsourcing everything there. It's so blatant on Shark Tank they routinely ask what is your landed cost from China... And that is an entertainment program for a US audience. Is this right?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

I don't know, I make my own detergent out of washing soda and borax

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

I find pods work better in dishwashers and such, dunno if it's similar with laundry because I just use costco bottles of he detergent and it works fine.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

Laziness. It's premeasured and less messy. The weird thing is that pods were around about 20 years ago but disappeared for a long time - I'm guessing because they were expensive. It's strange to see them making a comeback.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah well, I make my own detergent out of urine and potash

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

doverhog posted:

China does not function without US companies outsourcing everything there. It's so blatant on Shark Tank they routinely ask what is your landed cost from China... And that is an entertainment program for a US audience. Is this right?

Not exactly: it is more accurately a propaganda program for the US audience.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Not exactly: it is more accurately a propaganda program for the US audience.

Yes that is a fair point, and the best propaganda is of course entertaining. It works, for instance, I watch Shark Tank... And every time the billionaires talk about landed costs and driving the costs down and their connections to China, I think, this is one of the reasons why Trump won.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

At Tide HQ there's a marketing team with blood on their hands running through bottle after bottle of gin crying "not like this.... not like this...."

No no no... WHY did we design them to look like a tasty snack?!

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Growing up it was pretty much drilled into me that you shouldn't eat things if you don't know what they'll do and that any sort of household cleaner or detergent is straight up poison and will kill you. Is there like no education about this anymore or what

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

g0lbez posted:

Growing up it was pretty much drilled into me that you shouldn't eat things if you don't know what they'll do and that any sort of household cleaner or detergent is straight up poison and will kill you. Is there like no education about this anymore or what

when a college pledge sticks his penis in a farm animal im pretty sure he knows what happens next

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Tide Pods got what teens crave: death by suicide memes. You can even listen to BROCKHAMPTON while you eat them for a fuller experience.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

g0lbez posted:

I haven't seen a Mr Yuk in years.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

curlys gold posted:

when a college pledge sticks his penis in a farm animal im pretty sure he knows what happens next

This is a bit different cuz it's not really evident that eating laundry detergent will just straight up kill you unless you've had bare minimum education about it. I'm sure most people figure it might "make my tummy upset" or whatever but I'm not sure they get the gravity of it

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

g0lbez posted:

This is a bit different cuz it's not really evident that eating laundry detergent will just straight up kill you unless you've had bare minimum education about it. I'm sure most people figure it might "make my tummy upset" or whatever but I'm not sure they get the gravity of it

I think it might be because the tastiest, and most deadly, common substance like that was antifreeze, which now contains a bitterant. Some commoner things can't/don't because they contact food and whatever, not just your car.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

g0lbez posted:

You gotta get views so you can me famous like Logan Paul

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I've been waiting for someone to take the meme seriously and make themselves really sick or dead, but I figured it would be someone a little younger than a university student. I'm still predicting someone will eat one for a YouTube video though.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

curlys gold posted:

He becomes prime minister?

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

im glad bullet-through-the-book lady still has her youtube videos up

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

curlys gold posted:

im glad bullet-through-the-book lady still has her youtube videos up

She honestly did nothing wrong

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

so wait do these thigns actually taste good

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

Statutory Ape posted:

hell yes

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Statutory Ape posted:

yeah man hammer them down

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
https://a.uguu.se/8xrGdoktupaB_166mDLTfeJ4B.mp4

myDad fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jan 22, 2018

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

moose face posted:

yeah man hammer them down

arm & hammer pods aren't nearly as tasty.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
What's funny is that they sell colorless ones that look like little non delicious beige soap sacks

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

g0lbez posted:

I don't think you understand the youths, ya grampy

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

hemale in pain posted:

39 people this year apparently

posting itt because i just lolled that 39 people ate tide pods

gonna lol again when they change the design to look as unappetizing as possible

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Prav posted:

posting itt because i just lolled that 39 people ate tide pods

gonna lol again when they change the design to look as unappetizing as possible

the only way they can be sure nobody will eat their product

roll tide pods

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

g0lbez posted:

They know tide pods are poison. They just think that if they survive that they'll be a legend and that if they die they'll go to meme Valhalla or something

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
what ever happened to playing chicken with cars or dodging trains? recording yourself eating laundry detergent? how loving lame

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

would

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

I prefer Tide-2-Go.

• Locked thread