Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Schneider Heim posted:

How many FFVI characters are in the game? Also is Faris from FFV here?

I'm thinking of moving from FGO to here because FGO is super stingy and stuff (might still play for the story but eh)

Only Bartz from FFV in the Global version.
FFVI has Shadow and Terra. I want Shadow as I have his weapon, also Yang from FFIV as I have his weapon too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

The last level of the event was much more engaging than I was expecting for an opening event. Ultimately took it down with WOL, Squall, and Cloud with careful application of Buckler and paralysis.

Pretty much getting a character from everyone crystal color to level 40+ with crystal strength 30 and will work from there.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The JP version does get more VI characters eventually - Setzer, Sabin, Edgar and Relm off the top of my head.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

ApplesandOranges posted:

The JP version does get more VI characters eventually - Setzer, Sabin, Edgar and Relm off the top of my head.

Also Celes, Cyan, and playable Kefka.

5 has the entire main five in Japan.

The most under-represented games seem to be 1, 3, 15, and Tactics with one character apiece (the protagonists). The 4-10 block of the most popular games all have 5+ characters, though there are some conspicuous absences (no Paladin Cecil or Rosa for 4, no Locke for 6). Gotta save something for future events I guess.

Oxybeles
Feb 1, 2013
I made a goon google doc for all friend codes.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13yZSwAyoPIE-LqGMeKosi64t9eAFpIwuHdxTCLoxhuU/edit#gid=0

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Cool, added myself. Didn't bother putting level and all that because I don't want to update it THAT often.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

My darling, precious son Arc is not in this bad gachapon mobage and it makes my heart sad

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Altema! Altema! Everyone's looking at current character ratings after a year of DFFOO in Japan with buffs, level cap breaks and 35CP/EX weapons floating about, but how about some older ratings from only three months after DFFOO JP launched? These came out of the WABAC Machine, dated 5/8/2017, which covers the first 10 events and chapter 6/7 updates.

-------------------------------
By character role:
Brave Attackers:
#1 Zidane (Speed buff/debuff)
#2 Bartz (Percent-based brave attacks)
#3 Cecil (AoE brave damage and can force a chase)
#4 Squall (special attacks buffed at low brave)
#5 Balthier (heavy brave damage that also steals buffs) (Event 4)
HP Attackers:
#1 Vaan (physical and magical, with a follow-up after 3 uses of specials)
#2 Cloud (can paralyze and force a chase)
#3 Terra (charges brave, then unleashes fire and brimstone)
#4 Zidane (potent brave attacks with Speed buff/debuffs)
#5 Squall (can deal heavy damage from a low brave state)
Support:
#1 Y'shtola (delay+brave battery)
#2 Ramza (party attack up+brave battery) (Event 9)
#3 Yuna (Esuna+brave battery)
#4 Penelo (party haste+regen)
#5 Balthier (heavy brave damage that also steals buffs)
Future additions: Seymour (Permanent Event, debuffffs)

By attack types:
Short-range attacks:
#1 Cloud
#2 Squall
#3 Vaan
#4 Zidane
#5 Zell (Chapter 7)
Future additions: Cecil (buffs)
Long-range attacks:
#1 Balthier (Event 4)
#2 Shadow
#3 Vincent (Chapter 7)
#4 Sazh
#5 King
Magic attackers:
#1 Terra
#2 Vaan
#3 Ace (Event 10)
#4 Shantotto (Chapter 6)
#5 Vivi

Varance fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Feb 6, 2018

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Do we know when more chapters will be added? I figure I've got a good stock of 5 star weapons even if they aren't limit broken, so I wanna start saving for when Shantotto and Prishe are added.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Vitamean posted:

Do we know when more chapters will be added? I figure I've got a good stock of 5 star weapons even if they aren't limit broken, so I wanna start saving for when Shantotto and Prishe are added.

When they add them. There's no timeline on when we'll get an update.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Beasteh posted:

My darling, precious son Arc is not in this bad gachapon mobage and it makes my heart sad

Given how long the game's been out in Japan and that this seems to have more first-party involvement than FFRK/FFBE... maybe they're officially disavowing FF3DS?

My condolences to my friend Refia, who is dead.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Onion Knight is the game's main rep anything involving Dissidia. Outside of that they've used the FFIIIDS crew with the Onion Knight as a random addition.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Im just gonna hoard gems unless I see a banner that piques my interest, or until Rydia shows up which wont be for a looooong while.

I got Zidane, BUTZ, and WOL's weapons. So Zidane spins good, BUTZ smacks things good, and WOL doesnt give 2 shits about brave damage and effectively tells monsters to hit him in the face. Firion's as well so Id say I have an okish team? How bad does the game get to require Min/Maxing?

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Feb 6, 2018

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Ran the hell out of black cycle daily with 2x items tomes and cycle keys, got a crystal level 50 Squall out of it :black101:

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Added myself to the doc. Almost finished leveling Vaan, with Terra and Yuna in the mix atm. Yuna alone is worth it for farming Malboro coop. Esuna can knock like 5 or 6 turns off and gives a nice chunk of BRV. And buffing Terra up to drop 7k meteors at lvl 25 is amazing.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Despite the drop rate being 5%, I’ve done multiple pulls and never pulled anything worse than a 2/11. Most 4* and 5* are very useful too!

My ID is 830850900 - I just put up Squall with Blade Flurry

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Have Cloud up, will switch to Terra when I get her up to a decent level:

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

hamsystem posted:

Added myself to the doc. Almost finished leveling Vaan, with Terra and Yuna in the mix atm. Yuna alone is worth it for farming Malboro coop. Esuna can knock like 5 or 6 turns off and gives a nice chunk of BRV. And buffing Terra up to drop 7k meteors at lvl 25 is amazing.

Do you have their weapons? I've just been leveling people who I have things for so I don't know how useable someone is if you have no items for them because I just haven't tried yet.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
How are some of you levelling up so quickly? I play a decent amount during the day but my level is in the low 20's in the 4th zone..

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

New Leaf posted:

How are some of you levelling up so quickly? I play a decent amount during the day but my level is in the low 20's in the 4th zone..

The crystal dailies are big chunks of xp and you can do them like 10 times.

Also the double xp books are only 100 gems. If I know I for sure have a half hour I'll dig into it with one of those.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

New Leaf posted:

This, and probably combining it with the 2x XP Tomes:

Vitamean posted:

E: Looked around the subreddit and got clued in to a hot tip for leveling: after you've got some dudes that hit level 10 you can pop into either of the Level 20 nodes in the World of Illusions and autobattle for some easy exp. It won't be pretty starting out, and at one point I looked over to see one of my characters dead in the last fight, but it's worked out pretty well, and the constant level ups will keep increasing your rank and refilling your SP.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

New Leaf posted:

I finished the story (chapter 5) last night concentrating as much as possible on the initial 3 characters (because they have double exp). They ended up L34.
The cactuar cycle is open on the weekends, hit it hard - you can get a ton of exp there. Hit the illusions every time your SP tops up.

I have 15k gems saved for those new 35 CPs whenever they arrive. I want to max out my 3 starters if possible while they have the double exp then start leveling the ones who have the best gear. Finish off the Squall event and start hard mode maps.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

Vitamean posted:

In the JP version, we get 3 events a month, with special/seasonal events typically showing up on months with only two heroes. Chapter 6 should be out in a few weeks, then there will be a two month wait on Chapter 7.

We are exactly one year behind the JP version, which is the same as Mobius FF. Our rough timeline, which is not guaranteed because GLOBAL IS A DIFFERENT GAME(tm), should look like this:

February: Squall, Vanille, Setzer
March: Balthier, Eiko, Tidus, Chapter 6 (Galuf, Wakka, Shantotto)
April: Prishe, Faris, Ramza
May: Ace, Seymour, Sabin, Chapter 7 (Vincent, Zell, Layle)
June: Krile, Cater, Snow
July: Thancred, Ashe, Aerith, Chapter 8 (Cyan, Lightning, Papalymo)
August: Lion, Garnet, Auron
September: Celes, Maria, Kain, Chapter 9 (Edgar, Irvine, Serah)
October: Palom, Quistis, Kuja
November: Kefka, Lenna, Chapter 10 (Seifer, Raijin, Fujin)
December: Cid, Sephiroth
Jan '19: Zack, Rydia, Chapter 11: Part 1 (Jecht, Lilisette, Yuri)
Feb '19: Alisaie, Noctis, 1 Year Anniversary
March '19: (characters not announced), Chapter 11: Interlude

Varance fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Feb 6, 2018

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Combo posted:

Do you have their weapons? I've just been leveling people who I have things for so I don't know how useable someone is if you have no items for them because I just haven't tried yet.

I don't have Terra's 5* so so she's using a nearly maxed out Enhancer (WoL's sword). I kinda went pull crazy starting out but I did get a pretty wide variety of weapons. Still don't have a 5* fist but I'm not worried about it atm.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Varance posted:

August: Lion, Garnet, Auron

Finally, one of these godforsaken games gives me a tiny adorable Auron. (The wiki also shows a tiny adorable Jecht, but I'm unclear how he fits in.)

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Varance posted:

In the JP version, we get 3 events a month, with special/seasonal events typically showing up on months with only two heroes. Chapter 6 should be out in a few weeks, then there will be a two month wait on Chapter 7.

We are exactly one year behind the JP version, which is the same as Mobius FF. Our rough timeline, which is not guaranteed because GLOBAL IS A DIFFERENT GAME(tm), should look like this:

That list is definitely missing the storyline characters; for instance, we should be getting Wakka/Galuf/Shantotto in Chapter 6.

Storyline characters:

6: Wakka, Galuf, Shantotto
7: Zell, Layle, Vincent
8: Cyan, Papalymo, Lightning
9: Serah, Irvine, Edgar
10: Raijin, Fujin, Seifer
11: Jecht, Lisilette, Yuri

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Feb 6, 2018

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

ApplesandOranges posted:

That list is definitely missing the storyline characters; for instance, we should be getting Wakka/Galuf/Shantotto in Chapter 6.

I was in the process of adding them. :v:

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
What's considered the ideal party makeup? One melee attack, one ranged attack, one magic? One physical, one magic, one support?

I got 5* weapons for Cloud (Limit Broken once), Bartz (Limit Broken once), WoL, Yuna, Ace, and Steiner. Right now I'm running Cloud/Bartz/WoL, but maybe I should swap out WoL for Yuna?

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Aerox posted:

What's considered the ideal party makeup? One melee attack, one ranged attack, one magic? One physical, one magic, one support?

I got 5* weapons for Cloud (Limit Broken once), Bartz (Limit Broken once), WoL, Yuna, Ace, and Steiner. Right now I'm running Cloud/Bartz/WoL, but maybe I should swap out WoL for Yuna?

I'd swap Bartz for Yuna. WoL's shield and taunt make him handy for helping to burn down enemies/not get broken. Bartz is decent but 99% of enemies can be broken with a strong attacker and missle is kinda useless on most fights right now.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I'm running cloud, squall, yda because they all have hp/brave attacks so it makes the regular grinding go fairly quickly and I have all their weapons anyway.

I also have stuff for firion, hope, edge, And Rem.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
I finally got the last red crystals for Vaan and he is truly ridiculous with both Brv+HP moves. I was having trouble with co-op because everyone else sucks and now I can carry. Hit me up if you need help!

It is mind-boggling how many people don't grasp the basic mechanics of games they're playing. I just finished a match with a Zidane and WoL - the Zidane blew through all of his Stellar Circle on a broken Iron Giant (doesn't do anything) and used his HP attack just before being hit and thereby giving the enemy over 2k brave. The WoL kept doing 0 damage HP attacks instead of literally any other better option.

Incidentally this is why I stopped playing Terra Battle when it came out. You had to do co-op to level your espers and people couldn't understand how to make chains after watching me do it properly for an entire match. I quit when I carried a team that lost because a member couldn't make more than a single pair and flubbed the killing blow AND got us killed in the process.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Being a mobile game, an awful lot of people will be expecting auto to do it for them as they watch TV or something. I seriously doubt many paid attention to the tutorial or did much outside mashing "skip" to get going.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

This is why you organize with goons.

Though so far I've had absolutely zero problems in co-op. I've seen people doing dumb things of course but nothing myself and the other person couldn't carry through.

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

Is there a point to leveling/limit breaking the 2-3* weapons and armor or should they just be dumped into the 4-5* weapons for xp?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Starting rolls including tutorial roll gave me 2x WOL, 2x Cloud, 1x Vaan and that seemed good enough to go on.

Seriously no idea how team building actually works though. Is that a team that'll actually work?

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I think so far anyway you don't need any specific team construction. I'm through chapter 5 of normal and starting on hard tonight but I haven't run into anything I've needed heals or support on. The only thing I've had an issue with is the marlboro or whatever fight that stacks debuffs on you. Even that just extended the time it took to kill it but I still was able to with no problem.

Wol, Cloud, and Vaan is a solid team from what I've been reading so far.

The game just isn't that punishing yet. I'm assuming that will change as things progress and evolve though.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Combo posted:

I think so far anyway you don't need any specific team construction. I'm through chapter 5 of normal and starting on hard tonight but I haven't run into anything I've needed heals or support on. The only thing I've had an issue with is the marlboro or whatever fight that stacks debuffs on you. Even that just extended the time it took to kill it but I still was able to with no problem.

Wol, Cloud, and Vaan is a solid team from what I've been reading so far.

The game just isn't that punishing yet. I'm assuming that will change as things progress and evolve though.

Sounds like what I suspected.

Next question...how do I limit break 5* stuff? Should I? (wol and cloud limit broken swords mmmm)

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Are there any things in the Lion's Heart event worth grinding? Didn't pay close enough attention to what they dropped.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Nephzinho posted:

Are there any things in the Lion's Heart event worth grinding? Didn't pay close enough attention to what they dropped.

It's not even a grind. Beat the fights and it gives you Squall, his armour (6 starred) and presumably his weapon. The 35 fight beat me so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
What's the best/quickest way to max out weapons? Even the 4* mats seem to barely move the bar once I hit around level 12+. Is there somewhere farmable that drops 5* mats?