Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

ghouldaddy07 posted:

Have any Final Fantasy characters leaked?

I think Nomura said at some point that there's gonna be zero of them in this one.

A lot of people are pissed the gently caress off about Kairi. Even after becoming a Keyblade wielder, she gets yanked on the arm by Xemnas and doesn't even try to fight back, and even after MX ices her, Sora is all about trying to rationally talk with him during his whole post-final battle speech about the greater good instead of telling him off. Who the gently caress is gonna take that guy for moral guidance?

Infinity Gaia posted:

There is a video floating around that was being called an optional boss but I doubt it's THE optional boss, it seemed way too bland for that. Then again, that's what I thought about DDD so...

It's an Invisible. From the first game, just with jacked up stats. Bland doesn't begin to describe it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
man that's lame as hell

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Shitenshi posted:

I think Nomura said at some point that there's gonna be zero of them in this one.

A lot of people are pissed the gently caress off about Kairi. Even after becoming a Keyblade wielder, she gets yanked on the arm by Xemnas and doesn't even try to fight back, and even after MX ices her, Sora is all about trying to rationally talk with him during his whole post-final battle speech about the greater good instead of telling him off. Who the gently caress is gonna take that guy for moral guidance?

It's an Invisible. From the first game, just with jacked up stats. Bland doesn't begin to describe it.

Like I said, I somehow have a feeling that's not the actual optional boss. It's A optional boss but I really doubt it's meant to be a Sephiroth or the like. Going to call it on the 'anyone that plays a game before it officially releases is absurdly terrible at it' clause.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Infinity Gaia posted:

Like I said, I somehow have a feeling that's not the actual optional boss. It's A optional boss but I really doubt it's meant to be a Sephiroth or the like. Going to call it on the 'anyone that plays a game before it officially releases is absurdly terrible at it' clause.

That and nobody knows how big the post release DLC will be or what exactly it entails. I think it's already been said they're gonna expand the ending because yeah...leaving it at that is just asking for trouble. Hey look on the bright side, at least Eraqus and Xehanort got married!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Your definition of marriage differs from mine, I think. Unless you count the part where your life is over

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Gologle posted:

Your definition of marriage differs from mine, I think. Unless you count the part where your life is over

Death didn't do them part. Anime/Disney gay marriage is superior to Sora and Kairi's will they/won't they ship teasing.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I'm wondering now about the true combo potential of this game. I have seen from earlier videos that you can combo with spells, but I haven't really seen any application of this in boss fights, nor have I really seen comboing into different forms and stuff. While the gameplay as presented now is fine, I think once we get our hands on it and are able to experiment with what KH3 has to offer is when we can truly say exactly how good it is. I still doubt it will be better than KH2, but I'm willing to say it's not impossible for it to equal KH2.

EDIT: Plus NOBODY has used Summons in any of the videos.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I don't want to be super spoiled, I just want to know: have we seen all the Disney worlds in the trailers and commercials or is there at least one surprise?

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
To those who watched the streams: do you only fight the Org XIII members in the Keyblade Graveyard at the end or do they show up as bosses in the Disney worlds?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

CapnAndy posted:

I don't want to be super spoiled, I just want to know: have we seen all the Disney worlds in the trailers and commercials or is there at least one surprise?

We've seen them all.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
By the way, there are others who have also gotten the game early, since stores in the US now have them in stock waiting for the 29th. Some people have streamed a few hours of it already, although obviously the VOD wouldn't be saved. Point is, keep an eye out on Twitch for english streams as well as Japanese.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

The secret files have been posted by one of the leakers and poo poo is bonkers.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Crawfish posted:

The secret files have been posted by one of the leakers and poo poo is bonkers.

Word. So much this. As dumb as this plotline can get and often is, these latest plot teasers/revelations are making me seriously pumped to just start looking over the silly mobile game lore I had previously neglected right loving now.

Omnipotent Fist
Aug 18, 2018

What is his role?

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

What are the inevitable Dive to the Heart choices, and what does it affect?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I think it’s time we disposed of this notion that Tetsuya Nomura doesn’t know what he’s doing. Nomura knows exactly what he is doing.

This is what shows up onscreen when you enter the first world in KH3 :aaaaa:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
loving incredible

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

God drat it Nomura

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I have no idea whether anybody is a good or a bad guy anymore.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Electric Phantasm posted:

God drat it Nomura

Not an :emptyquote:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So out of curiosity, does the game just dump you straight into Olympus Colosseum at the start or is there a prologue of sorts you need to play through first? Also, is Riku playable for more than just one area (and are there any other playable characters besides those two)?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jan 24, 2019

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Larryb posted:

So out of curiosity, does the game just dump you straight into Olympus Colosseum at the start or is there a prologue of sorts you need to play through first?

There’s a short dive to the heart sequence and then you go right to Olympus
No chilling out with your friends in Destiny Islands/Twilight Town first

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
e: wrong thread.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Augus posted:

There’s a short dive to the heart sequence and then you go right to Olympus
No chilling out with your friends in Destiny Islands/Twilight Town first

Any sword/shield/staff stuff there? I was always kinda bummed that none of the build choices were ever as robust as KH1, and that's the only game I can think of that let you choose your EXP curve.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
There is a sword/staff/shield option, and there is an EXP curve option.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Gologle posted:

There is a sword/staff/shield option, and there is an EXP curve option.

Wow, they really brought that back! Any specific numbers/data on those choices yet?

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Shitenshi posted:

Word. So much this. As dumb as this plotline can get and often is, these latest plot teasers/revelations are making me seriously pumped to just start looking over the silly mobile game lore I had previously neglected right loving now.
I knew we were going to get a "only played the numbered ones? be prepared to have no idea what's going on" thing we got heading into 2, but I am surprised that the mobile game is as relevant as it is.

On a wider mobile game note, based off stuff in the secret reports, i'm surprised Luxu is who Luxu is, since that was my weird KH logic guess for who the Master of Masters could have been, somehow..

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

So the secret movie is definitely going to be Sora in Avengers land, yeah?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

CharlestonJew posted:

man that's lame as hell

It is kinda underwhelming but it’s also comparable to what other KH games had at launch.
KH1’s only optional boss when it came out in Japan was loving Phantom, the lamest, most boring poo poo ever.
KH3’s secret boss is still bland but at least looks well-designed and decently fun.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Kotaku/Tim Rogers is streaming KH3

https://www.twitch.tv/kotaku

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The first thing I hear after going is them complaining about their website comments being mean, that's a stream alright.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

HGH posted:

The first thing I hear after going is them complaining about their website comments being mean, that's a stream alright.

:ok:

Boo This Man
Mar 25, 2008

Spermando posted:

Apparently Master Xehanort is voiced by Rutger Hauer.

Honestly, not mad at all since he is doing Xehanort's voice. It will be hard to replace Leonard Nimoy but Rutger will do great.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The epilogue is out in japanese and :stare:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

The epilogue is out in japanese and :stare:

well don't just leave me hangin

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Sora comes back as Spider-Man.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

The White Dragon posted:

well don't just leave me hangin

Luxu appears at the Keyblade graveyard carrying both the box and MoM's Keyblade, all the foretellers sans Ava appear and start talking with Luxu who then removes his hood to reveal himself as Xigbar (half norted and all). They continue talking while they're spied by Maleficent and Pete. The scene then cuts to young MX and Eraqus getting ready to start a new game of chess. But this time MX is playing with seven black pieces (all of the bearing the crests of the Foretellers) while Eraqus just places a white Piece with Sora's emblem before the scene ends.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This is the dumbest thing and I just don't even know anymore

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
No wonder that bastard always gives me trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Luxu appears at the Keyblade graveyard carrying both the box and MoM's Keyblade, all the foretellers sans Ava appear and start talking with Luxu who then removes his hood to reveal himself as Xigbar (half norted and all). They continue talking while they're spied by Maleficent and Pete. The scene then cuts to young MX and Eraqus getting ready to start a new game of chess. But this time MX is playing with seven black pieces (all of the bearing the crests of the Foretellers) while Eraqus just places a white Piece with Sora's emblem before the scene ends.

I loving love this.

This is the stupidest poo poo.

Kingdom Hearts is the dumbest loving game on the planet.

Kingdom Hearts is the best loving game on the planet.