Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

this is a very good goose game

i made the boy buy his own airplane from the store twice and i felt really bad, i tried to give him the coin from the well to make up for it but he wouldn't take it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Amazing game. Laughed way too hard when I completed the final objective, totally forgot about that pile

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/raddbromance/status/1175311194380328960

goose game good

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

It's reminded me of some nice piano music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTPN9AVleI0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xql5W8PbLzs

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Sep 21, 2019

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

They should remake Alley Cat.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

TheFluff posted:

the sound design in this game is so great and there are so many great honks to be found
I love the trash can lid honk

harmonica goose is my personal fave

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I love how as you make progress everyone is putting up anti goose signage, including their own backyards.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The boy with the plane is gonna be polarizing :smith:

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Glass bottle honk is pretty good. I love what the special treasure pile at the end implies, Goose is such a huge rear end in a top hat.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

goose is a regular horrible goose

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I just mean goose has been tormenting the village for a while.

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

My dog is terrified of geese. She barks at the screen sometimes as I'm being an rear end in a top hat to all these people. GOTY.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

honk honk

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

TheMostFrench posted:

I love how as you make progress everyone is putting up anti goose signage, including their own backyards.

And beyond that, that them turning stuff they have into anti-goose signage exposes them to more mischief and invariably opens up another pathway for your dire reign of annoyance.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

this game awakens the 6 year old in me

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
Squirts ink when provoked
I am very proud of my work today: https://twitter.com/SquidtamerDA/status/1175403342542995457?s=19

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

petition to add the goose to the next batch of super smash bros DLC.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Goose would be OP as gently caress in any fighting game

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Oh dang, I tried for like 10 minutes to get the painted sign from the lady's yard, thought it was too big to get out.

Spoiler for the prize you get for completing the list

Brightman fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Sep 21, 2019

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do
How do I get the gardener to wear the sun hat?

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Chello De Don posted:

How do I get the gardener to wear the sun hat?

yank the flower out of the ground, then wait till he bends over to plant it again and steal/hide his newsy hat

i am enjoying this game very much

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

CaptainViolence posted:

yank the flower out of the ground, then wait till he bends over to plant it again and steal/hide his newsy hat

i am enjoying this game very much

I didn't even think of this. I moved the sign after he opened the door to the streets then honked as he was hammering and stole it from him after he fell.

Extra list how do i get myself thrown over the fence? i assumed it actually meant the goose miniature but no

Handsome Wife
Feb 17, 2001

KungFu Grip posted:

Extra list how do i get myself thrown over the fence? i assumed it actually meant the goose miniature but no

Drag the box from the pub to the man's yard and climb in.

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
Squirts ink when provoked

Brightman posted:

Oh dang, I tried for like 10 minutes to get the painted sign from the lady's yard, thought it was too big to get out.

Yeah that one was a bit tricky and I had to finagle with it a bit to get it to clip through. Then I was worried it'd get stuck in that house you run through because the person had trouble chucking it out the first time around. Made it though!

Also oh man, I hate doing timed speed runs but now I guess I have to do it after seeing that prize. Noooo.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
There should have been a to do list for bringing all the goose signs to the one at the store

Handsome Wife
Feb 17, 2001

Squidtamer DA posted:

Also oh man, I hate doing timed speed runs but now I guess I have to do it after seeing that prize. Noooo.

I made a couple of attempts at one of the speed run tasks and man, adding a time limit takes it from chill and fun to really frustrating.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
I've decided to quit my job and become the world's first professional goose game speedrunner

I think you get a very minor speed boost if you open your wings while sprinting? I call this "wingsparking"

Handsome Wife
Feb 17, 2001

Looks like the current WR might be 16:09? Lots of room to shave off time though.

https://youtu.be/2Y99pD1vOBA

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

SelenicMartian posted:

They should remake Alley Cat.
Oh lord I would pay for the option to track dirt through people’s houses in goose game.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
How do you get the old man to fall on his bum? I am missing something.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Riven posted:

How do you get the old man to fall on his bum? I am missing something.

steal his harmonica or something like that and wait for him to be about to sit down, then yoink the chair out from under him. he sits down pretty dang theatrically so you have time to watch for the tell.

i can't figure out how to drop a bucket on "the burly man"

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

someone awful. posted:

steal his harmonica or something like that and wait for him to be about to sit down, then yoink the chair out from under him. he sits down pretty dang theatrically so you have time to watch for the tell.

This one took me a bit you can steal the tomatoes from the box, but he'll put them in whatever box is closest, best way is to just place a tomato like right outside that box, lure him toward the back, go in through the hole in the lattice, then honk to get him to investigate. While he's going through the door double back and go up to the bucket.

The speed runs took me like 4 tries tops, the garden I did on the first try, it helps that you can do the last ones from the get-go, since some of them can let you trap or preoccupy problematic people while you complete a collection.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

someone awful. posted:

Ok I’m not missing something. I tried to do exactly that for 20 min and he always turns around and takes the stool the moment I grab it even if he’s in the middle of the sitting animation.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

Riven posted:

Ok I’m not missing something. I tried to do exactly that for 20 min and he always turns around and takes the stool the moment I grab it even if he’s in the middle of the sitting animation.

Yeah, I struggled with it as well. The trick is that the game is giving you the tell wrong. You have to do it as soon as possible, too late in the big theatric animation that looks like it's giving you extra time, and it won't work. E: As in, it only finally worked for me by literally pulling the stool out just after he turned around. It's the only really bad read that I think the game ever gives you, any part of the giant cartoonish 'ooooh I'm gonna have me a sit' animation is already too late, as far as I can tell. It's there for visual effect, but it doesn't mesh with the gameplay.

Shady Amish Terror fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Sep 22, 2019

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

this game is great, because, like the mighty goose, i love 2 honk

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Handsome Wife posted:

Looks like the current WR might be 16:09? Lots of room to shave off time though.

https://youtu.be/2Y99pD1vOBA

To shave time he can hop the wall near the mini pub with some head bobbing between the mini shed & bush and back again to skip most the mini town

also i wonder if doing the laundry would be quicker than making him barefoot for the backyards. I guess taking the paper gives you access to the tea animation quicker though

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
you should try putting them in the well

https://twitter.com/YourComputerSA/status/1175620792752562177

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
the goose's power grows.

https://twitter.com/charkie/status/1175476768569876480

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
There's a secret task to lock out the groundskeeper from his own garden and it was loving amazing when I figured it out. I love this game.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Sep 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

There's a secret task to lock out the groundskeeper from his own garden and it was loving amazing when I figured it out. I love this game.

Yeah when i accidentally discovered that in the one bonus/post credits list i was amazed.

Small thing that bums me is the art lady doesn't react to be bringing her mail and the house that throws you out throws their package out too. I want to be a helpful goose too you know. That and the lady running the store not taking my hard earned coin for some veggies :goose:

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Sep 22, 2019