Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
The Fiend vs Pennywise the Clown

Book it, cowards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

so wait brock just quit smackdown? lmao

You see Seth is getting booed, so obviously the solution is to get Bray away from him. It's WWE in microcosm. Seeing the effect, changing all the variables but one, seeing no change and not being able to figure out the problem.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

So who exactly are Hunter and Shawn declaring war against. Who is the enemy general. Shane O and Bischoff are gone, Heyman's just brock's advocate, is it steph is he at war with steph now? Prichard? The football robot?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

What I'm getting from Smackdown 11/1 is that wrestling itself is still fine and dandy, the WWE just has to have its arm twisted into a pretzel to even consider actually making some good wrestling.

i.e., the WWE can only be good on accident and when no other option is available. This 11/1 show doesn't inspire confidence in WWE, it just shows how far it's fallen.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
God, NXT Champion Daniel Bryan was not something I had considered until it was teased tonight. DB vs Cole was amazing, but him going on a run defending against Ciampa, Roddy, Keith Lee, Matt Riddle, and hell even Finn without the constraints of lovely Raw/SD creative.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Pollyanna posted:

i.e., the WWE can only be good on accident and when no other option is available.

been true for a long time yeah, well my friend cauvaro said sometimes it's good and sometimes its bad on accident like this. i'll defer to them

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I wanna see the NXT roster strip Bruce Pritchard and take turns peeing on him or maybe spray pee out of a big hose from a piss truck. I want piss o mania to run wild.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
This company is a loving logistical mess and they were so close to having tonight be a complete disaster.

https://twitter.com/iamjohnpollock/status/1190452031099752448

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pollyanna posted:

What I'm getting from Smackdown 11/1 is that wrestling itself is still fine and dandy, the WWE just has to have its arm twisted into a pretzel to even consider actually making some good wrestling.

i.e., the WWE can only be good on accident and when no other option is available. This 11/1 show doesn't inspire confidence in WWE, it just shows how far it's fallen.

Yep, WWE has an absolutely incredible roster and they could put on great shows easily. What we get is the product of a single, failing mind who is rich enough and (for now) secure enough that he can just ignore or refuse to face reality and continue to book things exactly the way HE wants them.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
If AJ started in NXT he'd just now be getting called up. Or if he's like Roderick Strong, the bajillion year veteran, he'd still not be called up.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

The WWE can only be good when it is literally impossible to be bad, and even then there was apparently some real loving garbage tonight (see propaganda piece).

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Blaise330 posted:

If AJ started in NXT he'd just now be getting called up. Or if he's like Roderick Strong, the bajillion year veteran, he'd still not be called up.

Hence why it just needs to go!! Ok off my soapbox, back to reading and jumping in on other topics.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

yea ok posted:

been true for a long time yeah, well my friend cauvaro said sometimes it's good and sometimes its bad on accident like this. i'll defer to them

He's right but I'd also just reiterate that even if Vince booked that show it doesn't matter. It only happened because it had to, it's almost certainly not what Vince wanted to actually book. Vince sucks, is what I'm getting at.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Next week's nxt should just be billy regal standing in an empty locker room saying "oi a dx fancied me roster and he nicked it mate" again and again

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
did the wrestlers ever leave Saudi Arabia

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Hence why it just needs to go!! Ok off my soapbox, back to reading and jumping in on other topics.to AEW!! Or maybe just indies!

Drew McIntyre posted:

did the wrestlers ever leave Saudi Arabia

As of 20 minutes ago, apparently. I don't know if it's all of them.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I may get the WWE network again if Vince traded Hogan for the 175 people

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
That was the best Smackdown after Wrestlemania yet

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/natbynature/status/1190452571716177922?s=21

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Can we trade Vince to the Saudis? Don't even need anything in exchange.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The problem is this show was good, but it wasn't good in a way that's sustainable. Like, the biggest problem with the WWE (aside from being run by a senile billionaire who thinks cuckolding is the height of entertainment) is its banal, unrelenting sameness, so of course a show that's all hot new people beating the poo poo out of the established cast is way more fun and exciting, but even within the context of this episode, they basically just did That Thing six times in 90 minutes. Which, again, I'm not saying it wasn't way more fun than the shows usually are, that was a good time, but unless you go with "just make Smackdown NXT*" it doesn't actually solve any of the storytelling problems or present a new direction that could fix their problems.

*i am 100% down with this solution, though

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
205 Live just confirmed it was indeed the other singh who won the 24/7 title. They say its the first brothers to hold the 24/7 title but I gotta wonder if there's a pair of brothers who have ever won any other singles title in WWE?

Don't say Kane and Undertaker.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
I didn't think the show was amazing tbh, like the nxt stuff was pretty good and the crowds were hot for it but the first hour wasn't great with the extended recaps. Stephanie thing was really cringey too. I thought the main was very entertaining. Still better than any other wwe show I've watched by a reed richards arm length (I don't watch every week though).

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

They're going to tell their kids forever about how they literally added the next chapter in civil rights aren't they? "K first there was Rosa Parks....... then me"

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

All it took was one decent show for people to start praising the Big Trump Fundraiser again.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Blaise330 posted:

205 Live just confirmed it was indeed the other singh who won the 24/7 title. They say its the first brothers to hold the 24/7 title but I gotta wonder if there's a pair of brothers who have ever won any other singles title in WWE?

Don't say Kane and Undertaker.

I bet both hardys were US champ or something. Did Jack Brisco ever win anything?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

CarlCX posted:

The problem is this show was good, but it wasn't good in a way that's sustainable. Like, the biggest problem with the WWE (aside from being run by a senile billionaire who thinks cuckolding is the height of entertainment) is its banal, unrelenting sameness, so of course a show that's all hot new people beating the poo poo out of the established cast is way more fun and exciting, but even within the context of this episode, they basically just did That Thing six times in 90 minutes. Which, again, I'm not saying it wasn't way more fun than the shows usually are, that was a good time, but unless you go with "just make Smackdown NXT*" it doesn't actually solve any of the storytelling problems or present a new direction that could fix their problems.

*i am 100% down with this solution, though

The problem is they have like 200+ wrestlers signed, about 50 of them are worth watching, and they are split up among 4 to 5 different brands for no good reason. They could give us dream matches that are fresh on a weekly basis but choose not to over Baron Corbin vs Roman Reigns.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

The Fiend vs Dave the Clown

Book it, cowards

fixed

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

There's a distinction between "this is a good show" and "this show had good moments in it". Smackdown is not a good show, it just had roughly two pieces of good content in it.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
NXT UK is invading 205 Live next week. I'm gonna assume HHH won't show up for that one.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Man if this shows tanks in the ratings I would not want to be on NXT

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

There's a distinction between "this is a good show" and "this show had good moments in it". Smackdown is not a good show, it just had roughly two pieces of good content in it.

Huge success then, because WWE is about creating moments. lol

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

And with a tear in his eye, the Prince tells his men to free Hatoon Al-Fassi. WHen they ask why, he simply points to the ring and whispers "Because they showed me the true value of life."

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Here's a hot take; NXT shouldn't exist and also RAW shouldn't exist and also Smackdown shouldn't exist and this trash company shouldn't exist

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Here's a hot take; NXT shouldn't exist and also RAW shouldn't exist and also Smackdown shouldn't exist and this trash company shouldn't exist

:hmmyes:

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

And with a tear in his eye, the Prince tells his men to free Hatoon Al-Fassi. WHen they ask why, he simply points to the ring and whispers "Because they showed me the true value of life."

Lmao

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Here's my hot take. WWE can be good on occasion, but its a trap, and they will always let you down sooner rather than later.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

fatherofmustard posted:

All it took was one decent show for people to start praising the Big Trump Fundraiser again.

Well yeah because we are all loving morons living in the past and conditioned to only swear our loyalty to WWE. Only way anybody quits is if the promotion dies completely.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Tough, but fair.

Hey, in news not tainted by a company that says Saudi Arabia rules, Japan is building a godzilla theme park

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/godzilla-theme-park-japan-intl-hnk/index.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Blaise330 posted:

They're going to tell their kids forever about how they literally added the next chapter in civil rights aren't they? "K first there was Rosa Parks....... then me"

“The trainers didn’t care so I drove daddy to the hospital while his skull was barely attached to his spine. Any bump and he could’ve been paralyzed or killed! Then your grandad died and they tore him apart pretty bad on tv for weeks. But it was only a couple months later that we got past all of that and the farting stuff so that I could be the first woman to wrestle in front of a regime that thinks I’m less than a person!”