Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

That brainbuster loving owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Holy Christ that match ruled

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Well done Gallus. I had Imperium in this one

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

That was extremely good. What a loving match.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

The improv spot when the other table broke early was loving wild

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

so i guess WALTER/coffey is going an hour

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
So excited for this one. My two favourite guys in NXT UK.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Thats my favorite ref bump in months

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

That ref is dead right

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Ref got nuked

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Great show that won't get talked about because people just have this natural apathy for NXT UK

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Worlds Collide is going to own so hard

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Very good match, and an excellent card

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
show owned, everyone owns

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
This was probably my least favourite of the UK Takeovers. I enjoyed it but it got off to a slow start. The two matches I was least looking forward to (Ladder match and Triple Threat) surprised me the most by being really good. That main event was brilliant but alas, my least favourite of the UK Takeover main events.

Still a great show by any measurement.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

achillesforever6 posted:

Great show that won't get talked about because people just have this natural apathy for NXT UK

Nothing matters, it's a bunch of guys who are mostly pretty good but have to work within the constraints of the WWE house style (though to a lesser extent than NXT & main roster guys) which is not to a lot of peoples tastes, and so we end up seeing, for example, watered down Walter & it loving sucks. Especially bad with Walter because he still gets to do some indie dates so you can watch Walter & Sekimoto against Hino & Okabayashi from the Big Japan Ryogoku show last November or the Walter vs Starr match from OTT & see that he's still Walter & that still rules. At least if he was in NXT properly we'd never have to be teased by seeing him outside the WWE system and so could just have our memories of what he was fade away slowly.

To clarify, I'm not giving you poo poo for liking it, just explaining my own sadness.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I don't know what it is, but I have complete apathy for NXT but mild interest in NXT UK. But I didn't know Takeover was today until I saw Tyler Bate trending. What I caught was very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

Nothing matters, it's a bunch of guys who are mostly pretty good but have to work within the constraints of the WWE house style (though to a lesser extent than NXT & main roster guys) which is not to a lot of peoples tastes, and so we end up seeing, for example, watered down Walter & it loving sucks. Especially bad with Walter because he still gets to do some indie dates so you can watch Walter & Sekimoto against Hino & Okabayashi from the Big Japan Ryogoku show last November or the Walter vs Starr match from OTT & see that he's still Walter & that still rules. At least if he was in NXT properly we'd never have to be teased by seeing him outside the WWE system and so could just have our memories of what he was fade away slowly.

To clarify, I'm not giving you poo poo for liking it, just explaining my own sadness.

Counterpoint: I enjoy Jordan Devlin in both OTT and NXT UK. NXT UK has been helpful for me in introducing me to guys whose indy work I should check out.

I actually spent money on Pretty Deadly merchandise last year, I must be the only one.