Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
oh, if you're going for two 6* on a fresh roll then yeah that'll take forever, but it's also a complete waste of time and energy. still, my bad for misunderstanding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

klapman posted:

it's possible to get 6* operators off the free gacha for god's sake

https://gamepress.gg/arknights/guide/arknights-operator-recruitment-guide

there's seriously no need to go that hard, the rates aren't even bad

edit: like here, I went to the summon calculator and did it once, got a 6* and a 5*. but then I clicked through to make sure they were 5 and 6 stars, so I had to go back and do another roll, and got a six star and 3 five stars

The first 10pull you do is a guaranteed 6*.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Stuck with my first roll because I'm pretty new to gatcha games and don't really know the value of this re-rolling malarkey.
Was having a pretty smooth time with the missions until 2-2 and onwards, oh my god my tiny tactician brain. Wasn't expecting to hit these difficulty spikes so soon.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

klapman posted:

it's possible to get 6* operators off the free gacha for god's sake

https://gamepress.gg/arknights/guide/arknights-operator-recruitment-guide

there's seriously no need to go that hard, the rates aren't even bad

edit: like here, I went to the summon calculator and did it once, got a 6* and a 5*. but then I clicked through to make sure they were 5 and 6 stars, so I had to go back and do another roll, and got a six star and 3 five stars

Ah, if I'm understanding this correctly do you sometimes randomly get access to a recruitment tag that can get you a 6* or something?

Tbh the only reason I was bothering with rerolling is that this game is actually more lenient than most in terms of how quickly you can access the beginning roll.

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
If anyone wants to add me, my ID number is Tibby#8280

Tibbeh fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jan 17, 2020

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

searching for people is case sensitive, weirdly enough

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Ytlaya posted:

This rerolling is pretty dire. I think I've done it 15-20 times without every getting two 6* on the intro roll. I'm pretty sure that's abnormally bad luck, since I think there should be roughly a ~13% chance of 2x 6* on that 10 roll.

It's 1.8%. The guarantee is only if you don't roll one naturally, so the guarantee doesn't help you roll 2x6 unless you are rolling the first on the standard banner or rolling past 10 rolls on the newbie banner

Ytlaya posted:

Ah, if I'm understanding this correctly do you sometimes randomly get access to a recruitment tag that can get you a 6* or something?

Tbh the only reason I was bothering with rerolling is that this game is actually more lenient than most in terms of how quickly you can access the beginning roll.

People on CN say you get one maybe every 3 months or so on average, but there are also some operators that you cannot get through recruitment. I rerolled for eyjafjalla because she's not in the yellow cert store or recruitment. The only real barrier to rerolling is getting 403d if you are multi-instancing, which you should

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Flavahbeast posted:

searching for people is case sensitive, weirdly enough

and apparently half the people sharing their names don't get the capitalization right and the numbers are useless so :shrug:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
How are you finding friends in the endless pile of invites? I either have thousands of people who want to be my friend or it's just automatically suggesting everyone under the sun.

Where exactly is the toggle to not have that message when leaving the base? I don't see it in Settings like it suggests.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

New Leaf posted:

How are you finding friends in the endless pile of invites? I either have thousands of people who want to be my friend or it's just automatically suggesting everyone under the sun.

Where exactly is the toggle to not have that message when leaving the base? I don't see it in Settings like it suggests.
Settings>Notifications>Exit base (it's the first one)

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Looking to promote a character however *+2 dp cost* I take it that means I will need more points to summon the character ?

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

If anyone's wondering how far they can get in Arknights without the rigmarole of re-rolling for rares, Yostar's very own Intern-kun (don't look at me, he calls himself that) has been making a series of videos showing how to clear maps with low-star Operators.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m1GChXGr1o

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Got Blue Poison to E1 :toot: Down to 20k lungbux though.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

gwrtheyrn posted:

Settings>Notifications>Exit base (it's the first one)

gently caress me, I thought that was notifications like on your phone while you aren't playing..

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Horrible mutations for some, animal ears for others!

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

VoLaTiLe posted:

Looking to promote a character however *+2 dp cost* I take it that means I will need more points to summon the character ?

Yes. Note that this can mess up your autoplays.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

Horrible mutations for some, animal ears for others!

waiting for lizard girls :sigh:

Anyways, GL on rolls and hopefully I will keep playing beyond the 1st week.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Alder posted:

waiting for lizard girls :sigh:

Anyways, GL on rolls and hopefully I will keep playing beyond the 1st week.

Gavial's in the game at launch! I think she's from the credits store.

She's a goddamn crocodile magical girl which owns.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

She looks like she's sponsored by XBox.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
please add me goons, Posi#0677

capital P

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

no real lizards

who has the smoothest VA :3:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

lol

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Alder posted:

no real lizards

who has the smoothest VA :3:

Huh, I just noticed his Deus Ex Machina cuffs.

I have the feeling that any lizard girls we get will have a kawaii factor added a la Gavial.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like this one character that can make tentacles pop out of the ground. That's a pretty handy ability.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

I like this one character that can make tentacles pop out of the ground. That's a pretty handy ability.

Deepcolor? I really like her outfit/upgraded outfit.

Too bad the goddamn gacha won't give her to me :negative:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Ibblebibble posted:

Deepcolor? I really like her outfit/upgraded outfit.

Too bad the goddamn gacha won't give her to me :negative:

I don't actively use her but her outfit is so bright that I use her as my adjutant or whatever they are in this game because she adds a nice splash of color to the screen.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Deepcolor seems to be great early game when you don't have time to save up for a tougher unit while you wait for DP to charge. Swap her out mid to late as you need.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
shoutout to everyone in elite caster hell

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
deepcolor is reportedly utter trash in comparison to mayer, her higher rarity counterpart

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING
deepcolor's only use, as far as I can tell, is basically to stall for some amount of seconds and then get refunded. having her skill up while her tentacles are alive is really rare (at least for me), and without them she's just a really bad single-target caster. and that's not really an especially useful niche, at least at the moment - my vanguards are much higher level, but I can almost always just use them instead and get basically the same result

also, on a different note, if anyone wants some friend poo poo my id's soraya#9415, currently have the clue exchange running and will happily kick random pubs off the guest list

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Deepcolor's role is to look absolutely styling :colbert:

dontaht
Aug 4, 2007
If anyone wants to be friends my IGN is Choom#6497.

Having fun so far. It's good that you can get by with 3 star units but wow it sucks only having 1 defender. I've used up all the beginner pulls and the only defender I got was Beagle.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

dontaht posted:

Having fun so far. It's good that you can get by with 3 star units but wow it sucks only having 1 defender. I've used up all the beginner pulls and the only defender I got was Beagle.

I got the defender from that "choose a 5*" ticket, and it's a good thing because I only have Beagle and I think one other 3* defender.

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013

dontaht posted:

Have you used your instant recruitment tickets?

I had about 15 of them when i realized they exist and managed to fill my gaps in unit types through them.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
I guess I suck at tower defense :negative:

I don't really get the game yet think I need to level some units.

Anyone know how the normal farm goes for the gatcha?

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
For anyone bad at these games like me, I've been using this youtube playlist as a guide to passing every mission to great effect. All the units used are f2p units also.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhQEckDx9CM&list=PLEZi1cY8cm3h-UuDoFs7GDu8m4T8chfjM&index=2&t=0s

dontaht
Aug 4, 2007
I wasn't kidding when I said I've only gotten Beagle. All my pulls and and recruitment was her. She's potential 6. I used my free 5 star ticket on Projekt Red.

But it's okay! I farmed a bit and bought Cuora.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Cuora is great, absolutely worth farming certs for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Yeah Cuora's unique "block 4" niche is extremely handy.