Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Pick posted:

NDAs shouldn't cover how lovely a workplace was to work in imho

Even if NDAs don't, trying to get another job does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah it’s about not wanting to close the door on Disney’s adorable bank vault for the rest of your career.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Doublestep posted:

the lightsaber cross guard is extremely stupid but on the other hand it looks cool and his saber spits like it’s super unstable which is also dumb and probably dangerous but cool
kylo's lightsaber is good because they tie it into his actual character. that's all you need to make something cool looking but dumb as hell work 100% better .

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I like that Disney realized that they wouldn’t be able to make a villain as cool as Darth Vader, so they made a villain whose whole thing is that he has an inferiority complex about not being as cool as Vader. That’s like the one clever idea Disney has had.
:agreed: it also unintentionally(?) made him a way better take on Anakin Skywalker than the prequels.

MikeCrotch posted:

Wonder if he's on the Hollywood steroids diet

Nowhere near as much as Hugh Jackman in Days of Future Past or Christian Bale or Tom Hardy in the Batman films though
he looks in pretty normal good shape vs the full time workout + super dehydration look.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Bust Rodd posted:

Adam Driver has said in multiple interviews that he is EXTREMELY done with Star Wars and never ever plans to revisit the character and if Ben Solo ever shows up in anything else it’ll be played by someone else. These movies can’t have been good experiences to work in. It’s obvious the cast got along great because they display obvious fondness and chemistry offscreen, but Driver, Boyega, Isaac, and Ridley all have basically the same sentiments.

it owns that we have had 4+ decades of actors coming out and absolutely lambasting and saying how much of a mistake/horrible it was to play James Bond/Star Wars/Batman/Indiana Jones/Marvel movies/etc, and they tell people never to bring it up infront of them or else you're blacklisted; and then actors still keep chomping at the bits to play in them for fame & glory and instantly transform into the same and the cycle repeats.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lol one of the first things on Adam Driver’s IMDb is video called Adam Driver: More Than Just Kylo Ren

Bobfromsales
Apr 2, 2010
I first saw Driver on Girls where he played an absolute loving weirdo and it was amazing to hear he was cast in a star war.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Xaris posted:

it owns that we have had 4+ decades of actors coming out and absolutely lambasting and saying how much of a mistake/horrible it was to play James Bond/Star Wars/Batman/Indiana Jones/Marvel movies/etc, and they tell people never to bring it up infront of them or else you're blacklisted; and then actors still keep chomping at the bits to play in them for fame & glory and instantly transform into the same and the cycle repeats.

i imagine the fun thing about being in a big Brand Movie is that you automatically have a Type and you can choose to only take the roles that play against your big one.

Then again I'm basing this mostly on Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Radcliffe, both of whom only seem to play some form of deranged maniac after their big Brand time.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Bobfromsales posted:

I first saw Driver on Girls where he played an absolute loving weirdo and it was amazing to hear he was cast in a star war.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geIBAus7ySk

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

I don't pay much attention to pre-release stuff (I don't even pay attention to see who the actors are, etc) but I knew a Star Wars movie was coming and I saw a trailer of it sometime but forgot about it until I went to the cinema to see The Force Awakens and there was the cool Kylo Ren doing dark side poo poo and being awesome. Then he takes his helmet off and my immediate thoughts were "wait is this fuckin loser nerd looking guy the actual evil dude" because this guy was not at all what I expected. As the movie went on he grew on me, and got even better in TLJ, and in the most recent film I was like "heck yeah this guy owns".

So basically Adam Driver was the best part of the sequel trilogy like the OP says despite my initial rear end in a top hat-type reaction to seeing him.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

RoboJoe posted:

I don't pay much attention to pre-release stuff (I don't even pay attention to see who the actors are, etc) but I knew a Star Wars movie was coming and I saw a trailer of it sometime but forgot about it until I went to the cinema to see The Force Awakens and there was the cool Kylo Ren doing dark side poo poo and being awesome. Then he takes his helmet off and my immediate thoughts were "wait is this fuckin loser nerd looking guy the actual evil dude" because this guy was not at all what I expected. As the movie went on he grew on me, and got even better in TLJ, and in the most recent film I was like "heck yeah this guy owns".

So basically Adam Driver was the best part of the sequel trilogy like the OP says despite my initial rear end in a top hat-type reaction to seeing him.

Yeah he was great but I definitely liked him a lot better with the helmet lol

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah I thought the exact same thing. He took off his helmet and I was like "Wait, this dork is this super badass sith lord?" And he grew on me as well. Now I think he's one of the best parts of the sequels and I really want to see more movies that he's been in.

Also this skit is just hilarious to me. It showed his sense of humor and I didn't think he was quite the weirdo I figured he'd be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaOSCASqLsE

I mean he still a weirdo in it but I don't know. Made me think that he wasn't the biggest dork in the world.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jan 26, 2020

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
reminding you about ben "nuthuggers" swolo:

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!

RoboJoe posted:

I don't pay much attention to pre-release stuff (I don't even pay attention to see who the actors are, etc) but I knew a Star Wars movie was coming and I saw a trailer of it sometime but forgot about it until I went to the cinema to see The Force Awakens and there was the cool Kylo Ren doing dark side poo poo and being awesome. Then he takes his helmet off and my immediate thoughts were "wait is this fuckin loser nerd looking guy the actual evil dude" because this guy was not at all what I expected.

I similarly avoided most pre-release stuff for TFA and kind of had the opposite reaction. Badass evil guy in a mask with a deep voice? Ugh, lame Disney... Literally the same big bad archtype in every piece of Star Wars media... Ever, in this movie that's trying to force feed us a New Hope again, and he just comes across as a lame wannabe Darth Vader...

Then he takes the mask off... And he's actually a lame wannabe Darth Vader - it's as an intrinsic part of his character, and it works!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i cannot be a dark lord if i keep my birth name, ben solo

i need a new, dark name.......call me kyle owen!!!

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Isometric Bacon posted:

I similarly avoided most pre-release stuff for TFA and kind of had the opposite reaction. Badass evil guy in a mask with a deep voice? Ugh, lame Disney... Literally the same big bad archtype in every piece of Star Wars media... Ever, in this movie that's trying to force feed us a New Hope again, and he just comes across as a lame wannabe Darth Vader...

Then he takes the mask off... And he's actually a lame wannabe Darth Vader - it's as an intrinsic part of his character, and it works!

I definitely agree with you, it just initially surprised me, and after my initial reaction I realised the same thing and thought he was great! I just fully expected they would go all in on trying to make a new super badass huge dude to be even more of an huge dude than Vadar, but we had someone with actual depth trying to be someone he never would be (and he knows it).

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

...Put the helmet back on, Ren.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

He's already hosted SNL 3 times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7HD2xG92-0

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Agreed, a chimp fixed his mask.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Adam is legit but the part in TROS where it goes into a super closeup and you can see every blemish and mole and pore on his face in ultra HD is one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018
He's Baumbach's new Ben Stiller and I don't like it. He should be doing good movies instead of bad-to-mediocre ones.

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018
Just read he's in the new Leos Carax movie so I retract my criticism immediately.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Bobfromsales posted:

same

i saw tfa with a friend who is also a girls fan, but he didn't know about the casting
he lost his mind when kylo took the helmet off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Also this skit is just hilarious to me. It showed his sense of humor and I didn't think he was quite the weirdo I figured he'd be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaOSCASqLsE

I mean he still a weirdo in it but I don't know. Made me think that he wasn't the biggest dork in the world.

The sequels pretty great too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brbrdnh74yA