Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Talk about a fucken deep dive, had one of these weird vehicles as a Star War playing child.

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jan 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
the sniper rifle reminded me of the one from Dark Forces/Outcast/Academy that instantly vaoprized anyone it touched with a super dramatic ashes thing, i super dig it

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Theres a lot of that in the show, the disintegrater rifle mando has is from the star wars holiday special and the blurgs are from one of the ewok movies

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I do think that The Mandalorian is probably the best Star Wars thing since KOTOR, but I do have one question:
If he's forbidden from ever taking the armor or at least his helmet off, how does he gently caress?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Mandalorian reproduction is just stumbling on kids abandoned in the battlefield.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

David D. Davidson posted:

I do think that The Mandalorian is probably the best Star Wars thing since KOTOR, but I do have one question:
If he's forbidden from ever taking the armor or at least his helmet off, how does he gently caress?

"Helmet stays on babe"

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

He doesn’t. That’s why he’s so powerful

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

New Mandalorians just bud off from the rocket after it's launched.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

The Way talks about the big helmet, not the little rubber one.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
in fact all Mandalorians have to raw

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This is the way (to get pregant)

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Talk about a fucken deep dive, had one of these weird vehicles as a Star War playing child.

Also appeared in Rebels:

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
The Mandalorian is the best Star Wars licensed thing since Tie Fighter, it feels the most like Star Wars down to the widescreen effect.

It’s still not very good, it’s just not utter trash like every other Star Wars thing.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
One of the things I really like about The Mandalorian is how they use certain things to set mood in a scene. The thing that always sticks in my mind is the weariness and tension in the soldiers guarding the Imperial governor's hideout. Every time Mando shows up there, there's a shot of them kind of huddled just inside the door looking loving exhausted and totally done with all of this, and it sets the scene perfectly.

TheLoquid
Nov 5, 2008
The mandalorian was pretty good but I thought it was a huge missed opportunity to not have the mando have to choose between being a mandalorian and protecting the child. Instead there was no conflict between his identity and his desire to protect the child and it made the story flatter than it could have been.

TheLoquid fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Mar 7, 2020

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Whorelord posted:

cara dune makes it difficult for me to not post horny on main

Also spaghetti westerns rule you goddamn philistines

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

most people on Mandalore aren't part of the weird chaste warrior cult that The Mandalorian is.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

TheLoquid posted:

The mandalorian was pretty good but I thought it was a huge missed opportunity to not have the mando have to choose between being a mandalorian and protecting the child. Instead there was no conflict between his identity and his desire to protect the child and it may the story flatter than it could have been.

All but one of his people in the covert he was in died because of his decision to protect the child.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

great googely moogely

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

CainFortea posted:

All but one of his people in the covert he was in died because of his decision to protect the child.

That and the Mandalorians got genocided by the empire so yeah they need children.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

wow! jetpack yoda!

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Whorelord posted:

cara dune makes it difficult for me to not post horny on main

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

well why not posted:

I thought it was a vibro blade like in kotor ... ?

same but nope its some stupid lightsaber cause gotta have a loving lightsaber.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
Resurrecting this thread, but it's kinda funny how the Golden Globes changed the rules specifically to keep The Mandalorian from getting any awards.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Can you expand on that?

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
my favorite episode was the one where he got double crossed while on a job

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015

CainFortea posted:

Can you expand on that?

https://screenrant.com/mandalorian-golden-globes-actor-nomination-rules-change/

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
I really liked the pacing.

We're so used (in modern cinema/television) for a constant scene change to action. Mando took it nice and slow.

I've been rewatching older Samurai films (ex. Lone Wolf and Cub) and I feel the pacing does a lot for creating tension without being overly cheesey.

Speaking of Lone Wolf and Cub, it's pretty excellent and also has a dude, going around, being a loving badass, and taking care of some little fella.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The biggest compliment I can give this show is that I have lots of reasons to try and dislike it, but it's just so charming and successful at being what it wants to be-- Star Wars: Lone Wolf and Cub-- that I'd feel like a mindless contrarian not giving it its due. Good show.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Season 2 is gonna have Ahsoka which I feel might be extremely weird.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's gonna hinge on the makeup, I think. If they get it even a little wrong it'll look really bad.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'd say all the aliens in season 1 looked really good, but also that Ahsoka is gonna be a good deal more complicated than, say, Kuiil.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
That reminds me, Carl Wethers' character was originally supposed to be an alien, but then the prosthetics team took a look at him and said "there's now way in we're covering up that handsome mug."

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 31, 2020

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Instead of a bunch of Baby Yoda and Mando crap that I didn’t care about the show should have just been a workplace comedy about Carl Weathers’s character managing a bunch of dysfunctional bounty hunters

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Instead of a bunch of Baby Yoda (…) crap that I didn’t care about
One day, you will have to answer for this to Werner Herzog.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Being real if they had advertised Baby Yoda people would be way less on-board with it. They learned from Baby Groot.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
I think they were genuinely blindsided by Baby Yoda's popularity, given they had no merchandise ready to go.

Mind you, Star Wars has a bad history with forced cuteness for merch purposes, given Ewoks, Jar Jar and porgs, so maybe it's best to hedge their bets.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I think they were genuinely blindsided by Baby Yoda's popularity, given they had no merchandise ready to go.

Mind you, Star Wars has a bad history with forced cuteness for merch purposes, given Ewoks, Jar Jar and porgs, so maybe it's best to hedge their bets.

Porgs are fine and Ewoks are only disliked by big dumb idiots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Gina Carano confirmed awhile ago in an MMA interview that she was in for season two. So the Cara posting can continue in kind.