Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!

Rarity posted:

AEW would presumably go back to Daly's Place

Which drives me insane because Jacksonville is hours away and Im like 10 minutes from Full Sail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Imagine dying from COVID-19 after attending a 3 hour RAW where Tamina vs Natalya and Corbin vs Elias make up 70% of the wrestling and both matches end in DQs

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Imagine dying from COVID-19 after attending a 3 hour RAW where Tamina vs Natalya and Corbin vs Elias make up 70% of the wrestling and both matches end in DQs

the virus would probably come as a relief

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Honestly, whatever promotion is your favorite "I got coronovirus because I went to a wrestling show" has to be pretty high up on the list of stupid loving reasons.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

It'll be funny if they have a hard time selling tickets because most people don't actually want to get sick and die (and prices will probably be jacked up to make up for the lower occupancy limits) and so they have empty arenas anyway but now without an excuse

bartok
May 10, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Honestly, whatever promotion is your favorite "I got coronovirus because I went to a wrestling show" has to be pretty high up on the list of stupid loving reasons.

Reminds me of an old George Carlin bit about going to Hell because you ate a Slim Jim on a Friday during Lent.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

i'm sure they'll be able to find enough chuds or otherwise uncaring people willing to pack into the few seats the performance center has

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

One more donation from Linda and I'm sure Governor Desantis will suddenly realize that wrestling audiences are also essential to Florida's survival and fill Full Sail with like prisoners or the national guard or something

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Tweak posted:

i'm sure they'll be able to find enough chuds or otherwise uncaring people willing to pack into the few seats the performance center has
Imagine the obnoxious chants when it only takes a group of like 10 of the planet's dumbest fans to #hijackRAW and try to get themselves over

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

bartok posted:

Reminds me of an old George Carlin bit about going to Hell because you ate a Slim Jim on a Friday during Lent.

if the human body is incapable of digesting it, did you really eat it?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Erebus posted:

It'll be funny if they have a hard time selling tickets because most people don't actually want to get sick and die (and prices will probably be jacked up to make up for the lower occupancy limits) and so they have empty arenas anyway but now without an excuse

wonder what kind of overlap there is between WWE fans and people who think covid is "just the flu"

gonna imagine it's pretty high

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I think it makes a lot of sense for WWE to be the first ones holding live events again, no one else has more experience running arenas that are only quarter full.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Incessant Excess posted:

I think it makes a lot of sense for WWE to be the first ones holding live events again, no one else has more experience running arenas that are only quarter full.

At least now they don't have to use the tarp to cover their shame

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Vince is gonna do one show, hate the way it looks and ban masks.

Coward Tony is probably about to put in an order for N95 dark order masks.

(Please don't bring crowds back before fall)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

blunt posted:

Coward Tony is probably about to put in an order for N95 dark order masks.

:vince:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Incessant Excess posted:

T-N-A!

T-N-A!

T-N-A!

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

WrasslorMonkey posted:

At least now they don't have to use the tarp to cover their shame

just to cover the mass graves

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Whatever the 25% rule actually states, I'm sure of two things:
1) WWE will subvert it
2) Dumbasses will go "hey there's an open see closer to the ring" and you'll end up with the first X rows sitting right next to each other.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

One more donation from Linda and I'm sure Governor Desantis will suddenly realize that wrestling audiences are also essential to Florida's survival and fill Full Sail with like prisoners or the national guard or something

Nailz and Corporal Kirchner confirmed for WWE return

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
No way this happens. Buildings at 25 percent capacity can't possibly be profitable. Spreading fans out like that is going to look dumb as hell, so it's not like its going to create some interesting ambiance for tv or anything.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

81sidewinder posted:

No way this happens. Buildings at 25 percent capacity can't possibly be profitable. Spreading fans out like that is going to look dumb as hell, so it's not like its going to create some interesting ambiance for tv or anything.

They'll use their AR effects with lovely CGI to fill in the crowds.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

I will never assume something is too stupid for WWE to do, personally

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Make the fans four times as big.

MathMathCalculation
Jan 1, 2006

Waffleopolis posted:

They'll use their AR effects with lovely CGI to fill in the crowds.

WWE would be 100% better if the crowd was taken from late-90s sports video games, where it was clearly three different models copy/pasted to fill the background and they all had like two frames of animation.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

oh but seriously I posted:

The My 600lb Life crossover we’ve been waiting for.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

oh but seriously I posted:

TNA tried this and the results were...not pretty.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

f;b

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Minidust posted:

Imagine the obnoxious chants when it only takes a group of like 10 of the planet's dumbest fans to #hijackRAW and try to get themselves over

But they're all wearing masks by mandate so all the chants are "HMMPH MMPH HHMPH HRRMP (clap-clap, clap-clap-clap)"

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
WWE encourages fans to dress in all black and only lights the ring.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

MathMathCalculation posted:

WWE would be 100% better if the crowd was taken from late-90s sports video games, where it was clearly three different models copy/pasted to fill the background and they all had like two frames of animation.

now I’m picturing MDickie Presents WWE Monday Night Raw

loving book it, Vince, you coward

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
I look forward to whatever creative solutions the hijack RAW crowd comes up with to get their message past the full-blast piped crowd cheers

I figure they've got at least one or two surprises that wwe wasn't expecting

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

2Q expense call is going to have to explain why there's a notable expense increase for mannequins.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

81sidewinder posted:

Live events don't need to actually be profitable with how big the TV deals are, and even having a reduced audience will make shows feel less bush league than empty arena shows in the PC and you know that's killing Vince. Even mentioned the "intangibles" of an actual live audience are worth it and on this one I have to agree with Vince. I'm watching the recent All Japan show and it's just lifeless. Wrestling thrives off having fans to react to, even with how WWE spitebooks they'd get an active benefit.

Of course they still shouldn't be running live shows but that's on Florida's governor at the end of the day.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Changed the thread title as clearly I hosed up with my original choice. I still think ShallNoiseUpon's post was funny, but it was a bad decision on my part to use it as the monthly thread title.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Should've gone with "A non-wrestler tested positive for COVID? Oh no, Miz!"

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Jerusalem posted:

Changed the thread title as clearly I hosed up with my original choice. I still think ShallNoiseUpon's post was funny, but it was a bad decision on my part to use it as the monthly thread title.

I was momentarily honored. The new title is good too!

Edit: Sami Zayn is the most good human being:

https://twitter.com/SamiZayn/status/1256370536168505344

Amp fucked around with this message at 01:21 on May 2, 2020

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Honestly, wrestling is fake anyway, just cut to old crowd shots and pipe in the noise you want, bonus points if the old shots are from like '99 and they're holding up signs like "We love Rikishi"

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Did anything ever come out about why people think he's the worst to have to work with or was it just typical "this guy has beliefs outside the corporate machine" wwe name tarnishing

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Sami chilling at home with stray cats is exactly how things should be right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I was momentarily honored. The new title is good too!

Edit: Sami Zayn is the most good human being:

https://twitter.com/SamiZayn/status/1256370536168505344

https://twitter.com/alikaoury/status/1256372244667924487