Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Do it like the Athenians. Random lottery with strict term limits of 1-2 months. All mods will eventually become bad, make a terrible decision, and then get their skeletons dumped out by people looking to avenge the terrible decision. Except for the coupons guy whose modded that place forever. Term limits are the only way to prevent that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Isn't cspam the biggest sub forum? This sounds like a terrible idea.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Weka posted:

Isn't cspam the biggest sub forum? This sounds like a terrible idea.

i think a good chunk of them left for bnr so im not sure if thats true anymore

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006
I vote for thehandtruck

acab

SnakeParty
Oct 30, 2011
I vote for handtruxk

Make every cop bad again!

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

Jorge Bell posted:

I vote for thehandtruck

acab

thank u angel.

i am feeling good vibes today and have decided that when i am mod, on weekends and holidays i will allow posts to be signed via picture of chris dorner triumphantly accomplishing things and bringing joy to this beautiful earth that we all call home instead of "acab"

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

thats stupid it would be a brigade from the most "popular" posters and their vocal supporters who want to be popular

another idea is in order.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

I will base all moderation decisions off of a d100. This is better than the current system because it is demonstrably impartial.

Sorry to anyone who crit fails and eats a perma.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Raiad posted:

make everyone a mod

give everyone the power to allocate 6 hours of probation to people per day

abandon republics with corrupt law enforcement in favor of direct democracy

This but without the 6hr limitation. An armed society is a polite society, or so I've heard

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

UHD posted:

i think a good chunk of them left for bnr so im not sure if thats true anymore

oh im sure they won't come back in 1 month when their offsite dies or becomes a boring echo chamber with nothing to be angry about

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

corgski posted:

I will base all moderation decisions off of a d100. This is better than the current system because it is demonstrably impartial.

Sorry to anyone who crit fails and eats a perma.

i would vote for this ... UNironically!

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
thats a terrible idea

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

i promise to become drunk with power and mercilessly ban anyone that would dare to even slightly cross me

vote for me

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Wendigee posted:

i would vote for this ... UNironically!

Are you sure you don't have better things to do than post this poo poo?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
I'm still waiting for the son of the kwisatz haderach to attain the golden path and reign over the forums as god-emperor for thousands of years

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

corgski posted:

Are you sure you don't have better things to do than post this poo poo?

i do have better things to do... im sorry i was trying to be funny but it was just dumb

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Sitting Here posted:

I'm still waiting for the son of the kwisatz haderach to attain the golden path and reign over the forums as god-emperor for thousands of years

It could be you, for all we know!

Just put your hand in this box rq.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

SilvergunSuperman posted:

It could be you, for all we know!

Just put your hand in this box rq.

buddy if you think i'm gonna put my hand on your 'gom jabar' JOKES ON YOU, I'm not falling for that again

e: I have very sincere and serious thoughts on mod policies but I have put them in QCS. Because I don't want anyone to read them.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

vote for me and ill take a picture of a bug and you get to name it.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Sitting Here posted:

buddy if you think i'm gonna put my hand on your 'gom jabar' JOKES ON YOU, I'm not falling for that again

Lmao

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Wendigee posted:

i do have better things to do... im sorry i was trying to be funny but it was just dumb

I think you're a wonderful poster and it was a good joke but i am beholden to post with a sentiment decided by the rng in this thread as a demonstration of why d100-based modding is superior to anything corruptible by personal thought or opinion. Please don't take it personally!

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

jury trials for bans and permabans

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Mr. Fix It posted:

jury trials for bans and permabans

I'm indifferent to this idea

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I will buy thousands of accounts and become dictator for life

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

W98 is Joe Lieberman

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

democratically elect all mods and admins on SA

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

flashman posted:

I will buy thousands of accounts and become dictator for life

This is a compelling idea. I think you could go places with it, depending on how you acted once you were dictator - do you have any specific plans?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

hmm so goons are gonna vote

*rereges as goku*

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
yes, but we have a subforums-based.electoral college where each subforum and its subs act as individual districts for that subforum. subs vote for their own mods but admins have to win a majority of the subs

so basically GBS, D&D and Games are going to dictate who does what, those are the biggest subs right

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Epsilon Plus posted:

yes, but we have a subforums-based.electoral college where each subforum and its subs act as individual districts for that subforum. subs vote for their own mods but admins have to win a majority of the subs

so basically GBS, D&D and Games are going to dictate who does what, those are the biggest subs right

Someone is going to get all their friends to register in business, finance, careers and play swingvote kingmaker until the entire forum becomes Linkedin but with goatse

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Barudak posted:

Linkedin but with goatse

soundes tight. :thumbsup: let's do it

Dairy
Aug 21, 2006
Soy Milk
I vote for thehandtruck

acab

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

agreed, so long as the victi- uh, nominees don't actually want the position

e: really though i do think a community-based mod model's the best bet, rather than having random assholes being given the post just because they're old

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

god king with absolute infallibility and it's just me

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Sid Vicious posted:

god king with absolute infallibility and it's just me

forums rob ford

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

I promise to ban everyone who didn’t vote for me.

longtimelurker
Mar 12, 2006