Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

I played through the original Japanese release, the US release, and now I can’t loving wait to do it for a third time. Demon’s Souls is the best souls and I’m super, super glad it’s getting a remake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Aw yeah, 200th platinum here I come.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Especially since the souls series has a pretty steady difficulty curve. I dont recall anything in Demons' thats harder than 3 and after Sekiro it's going to feel so slow. It's still fun though. It'd be cool if Fractured mode was more of a remix than just mirrored.

I kind of feel like this game is going to be more about the immersion and atmosphere and feel of the game. They're going to lean into the slowness and ploddingness and just really make you feel it with haptics and sound and visuals.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

The Walrus posted:

I kind of feel like this game is going to be more about the immersion and atmosphere and feel of the game. They're going to lean into the slowness and ploddingness and just really make you feel it with haptics and sound and visuals.

Totally agree, everything in this game looks amazing, but Tower of Latria looks incredible.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

WalletBeef posted:

Totally agree, everything in this game looks amazing, but Tower of Latria looks incredible.

The ambient thunderstorm lighting is just :discourse:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Ineffiable posted:

This is mind boggling to me, I only have like 24 and I spend a LOT of time playing video games.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
That waddle is so cute.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

drat, that's good-looking Dragonfire.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

gently caress that's rad

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

no better game for it haha, but holy poo poo yo

Ineffiable: a real gamer's gamer

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Easy more, sort of...
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1323349426522394624

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Lumpy posted:

I have never finished a Soulsborne game. I pledge to make this the first. What is the n00biest bad at games person build I should use?

Same for me until Bloodborne, even though I had played all of them before that (like 10-20 hours each). There was something about BB for me that once it clicked, I understood the Souls games better and to act more dynamically. I used to play the games by turtling, turning each encounter into a war of attrition. After beating BB, I went back and completed DaS1 and 2, then 3 after it released. I tried playing through DeS after that, but I hate using the Dualshock 3 (the sticks are so loose) and emulating wasn't viable.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Euphoriaphone posted:

Same for me until Bloodborne, even though I had played all of them before that (like 10-20 hours each). There was something about BB for me that once it clicked, I understood the Souls games better and to act more dynamically. I used to play the games by turtling, turning each encounter into a war of attrition. After beating BB, I went back and completed DaS1 and 2, then 3 after it released. I tried playing through DeS after that, but I hate using the Dualshock 3 (the sticks are so loose) and emulating wasn't viable.

You can use the DS4 on the PS3.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Oh poo poo I think I was confusing DeS with MGS HD collection, which you can't use the DS4 because if doesn't have analog buttons

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Euphoriaphone posted:

Oh poo poo I think I was confusing DeS with MGS HD collection, which you can't use the DS4 because if doesn't have analog buttons

Neither does the PS3 tho, that was just a PS2 thing. MGS3HD was on 360 as well wasn't it? They must've found a solution to that old control idiosyncracy

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Neither does the PS3 tho, that was just a PS2 thing. MGS3HD was on 360 as well wasn't it? They must've found a solution to that old control idiosyncracy

ps3 has analog buttons (remember, it was ps2 bc... :negative: ) and uses it in mgs2/3hd but the 360 version uses the same thing they did in the pc/xbox version of 2, which is holding the button down and you see snakes arm move to indicate throw length. and then some other button to not shoot and stuff like that.

i heard ds4 was weird on ps3, like the ps button not working and that kinda thing.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

ps3 has analog buttons (remember, it was ps2 bc... :negative: ) and uses it in mgs2/3hd but the 360 version uses the same thing they did in the pc/xbox version of 2, which is holding the button down and you see snakes arm move to indicate throw length. and then some other button to not shoot and stuff like that.

i heard ds4 was weird on ps3, like the ps button not working and that kinda thing.

Wow, gently caress, you're right. So loving glad that feature is gone.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I will get a ps5 and demon souls.

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

VideoGames posted:

:hmmyes:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

VideoGames posted:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Vikar Jerome posted:

Yeah, the PS button doesn't work and the triggers act like digital buttons for some reason, which means that any game that relies on them being analog (like racing games) is pretty much unplayable.

And some rear end in a top hat devs purposely disable all controllers that aren't DualShock 3s. I remember one of the Walking Dead games giving me a message along the lines of "This game does not support unofficial controllers. Please connect a DualShock 3 to play this game. :smug:" I was so pissed.

It's a huge crapshoot.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Deptfordx posted:

drat, that's good-looking Dragonfire.

deep down you know it

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

deep down you know it

:laugh:

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Someone zoom in on that dragonfire — is it made of pizza?!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

state of play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQXBMiLSYJo

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Latria Tower looking good.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I can't tell if people flipping out over the Maneater design changes are a joke or sincere. Since the Souls community can be the most whiny and pendantic force in the world I'm leaning towards the latter.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

The new maneater looks so loving weird and awesome, like for better or worse so much more wildly distinct than the original. I like that Bluepoint is taking some liberties.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The original is what it is and, honestly, it wasn't at all memorable. The fight was what made that whole thing memorable as well as the way its eyes and mouth were lit up in the darkness of the arena but if they didn't have a side-by-side I wouldn't have known they took liberties with the design.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Finally got around to watching the state of play vid, and wow the HUD comments I'd read for days in other threads are loving ridiculous. The new HUD looks great, very understated and minimalistic, totally reminds me of Bloodborne's HUD.

I love it! :swoon:

Game looks loving insanely good.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Was watching a stream of the original PS3 version of Demon's Souls yesterday, and they brought up that the trophies for the remake have been posted.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/11792-demons-souls

The 'defeat this boss' and 'collect all items in this category' entries are still present, but the 'best weapon by <type>stone' ones are gone. Instead, there's a bunch of new ones for doing specific actions:

Return to Form - Help a player vanquish a boss (Silver)
Unwelcome Guest - Vanquish a player as an invader (Silver)
One Shall Fall - Vanquish the Tower Knight without killing any archers (Silver
Brother-in-Arms - Vanquish Penetrator with Biorr (Bronze)
Fists of Legend - Vanquish Dragon God with the Hands of God (Bronze)
Time for Rolling - Cross the walkway through the Idol's volleys of arrows :gonk: (Silver)
Not Fooled - Vanquish the Fool's Idol without hitting any clones (Silver)
One Shall Stand - Vanquish Adjudicator without having him fall down (Silver)
May you be unharmed - Vanquish Maiden Astraea without killing Garl Vinland (Silver)
A Dash of Sage - Rescue Sage Freke the Visionary (Bronze)
Umbasa - Rescue Saint Urbain (Bronze)
Worthy of the Sword - Deliver Makoto to Satsuki (Silver)
Road to Possibilities - Give the Searing Demon Souls to Blacksmith Ed (Bronze)
One of the few - Obtain Istarelle (Silver)
Witch in the Tower - Rescue Yuria the Witch (Bronze)
Legacy of the Kings - Obtain the Northern Regalia (Gold)

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Good

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I played Demon souls ages ago and I never met like half those npcs. Good poo poo I’m so stoked

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
The Northern Regalia one is going to be the hardest one if they fixed Old King Doran's AI.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I remember getting lost in Latria and actually rolling through the arrow machine thinking that was the way forward my first time, good to see they acknowledged that :laffo:

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Caught a stream of this. The Nexus loads in one second. :O
The menu is a bit chunky, so don't expect to move your character around while you're changing your equipment.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Watching streams, they went absolutely nuts with the new riposte animations and I loving love it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Spermando posted:

Caught a stream of this. The Nexus loads in one second. :O
The menu is a bit chunky, so don't expect to move your character around while you're changing your equipment.

PS3 in comparison is about 20 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Azran posted:

The Northern Regalia one is going to be the hardest one if they fixed Old King Doran's AI.

As someone who screwed up the Old King Doran exploit, it shouldn't be too hard if the Blueblood sword still lets you wail on enemies and stunlock them. I think that's how I beat him (I know it's how I beat Black Phantom Scirvir).

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Nov 11, 2020