Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

I’m not watching a feature length YouTube video about a loving dipshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
If you don't want to watch the video, the important part is that the MMR vaccine / Autism scare was actually all just based around scumbag doctor Andrew Wakefield inventing a disease and trying to sell a different measles vaccine. There's more awful, horrible levels to it, but there is 0 actual scientific evidence and data to support linking the vaccines to autism, and this entire movement and the people who have died as a result is based off some evil gently caress trying to make money by scaring people away from the MMR vaccine.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I'm enjoying all the dumb shits here who clicked on the thread knowing full well an hour and forty minutes was requested of them, with no intention for them to even think about spending that time.

Weka posted:

That's the video playing I think.

OP I don't care what some youtube nerd thinks about vaccines. His opinion on this matter to me is less important than that of a wild eyed conspiracy spouting nutjob.

That's great because it's not really about his opinion. I mean I get it your cool and this guy does make his opinion clear within the course of the video, but you know it's actually about the vaccine study and not just VACCINES GOOD. I realize an hour and forty minutes is a big ask, but it would be nice if you could bother to loving read the original post which does tell you what the video is about.

Video is still good. lovely goon posters are still bad.

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Started watching this guys video when this thread started and IT STILL HASN'T ENDED!!!??

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

I Made a Kinda lovely Thread in GBS and Now I'm Getting Dunked On: A Measured Response

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
drat, YouTube got a new video?
Awesome! I was getting tired of that sneezing panda.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Hey OP, how about you use your big beautiful brain and break it down for us in a clear and concise manner - with specificity on articulating his points in less than 300 charaters and maybe we'll concider watching it.
Probably not though, if I'm being honest, so I guess nevermind.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

I watched the video it was interesting thank u op

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

pacerhimself posted:

If you don't want to watch the video, the important part is that the MMR vaccine / Autism scare was actually all just based around scumbag doctor Andrew Wakefield inventing a disease and trying to sell a different measles vaccine. There's more awful, horrible levels to it, but there is 0 actual scientific evidence and data to support linking the vaccines to autism, and this entire movement and the people who have died as a result is based off some evil gently caress trying to make money by scaring people away from the MMR vaccine.

OP could just have linked to wikipedia for this information

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I'm loling pretty hard at the OP attacking everyone. What a dork.

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Just got a blood transfusion to get the vaccine out of me after watching this video.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Saalkin posted:

I'm loling pretty hard at the OP attacking everyone. What a dork.

Wow look at this fool who doesn't understand engagement. Please comment below on your favorite vaccine.

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Sputnik

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Personally I enjoy vaccines that keep my doggies safe, but my sheep do not like vaccines because they go in their freaking armpit.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

I clicked the link and spent 10 minutes clicking around the video. Some of his editing was a little annoying but he's more charismatic than most YouTube people and it seemed like a well researched and interesting thesis. Welp, see ya

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
THESIS

LOL

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

I only watch youtubes where people shoot household objects with progressively larger calibers of guns? Is there any of that in this one?

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

rain dogs posted:

I only watch youtubes where people shoot household objects with progressively larger calibers of guns? Is there any of that in this one?

The man in the video is balding so his head is like a melon that could be shot for fun, you awful prick

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Colonel Cancer posted:

Idk hmbomber guy is unwatchable lol

yeah he's like a lovely sensationalist version of shaun

idk why he goes on this long rear end tangent about the dude who stuck tubes up kids asses and does that fake rear end "guys, I'm not joking now, this next part isn't meant to be funny, this is disturbing" sensationalist poo poo

this video literally could have been 5 minutes long but this guy is insanely into his own voice

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Long works better with the algorithm if you don't make videos constantly

Sorting Algorithms
Feb 7, 2021
It's a fine video but the way he puts all the blame entirely on journalists because he's too I loving Love Science to even consider that scientific institutions could do a better job informing the public or even try to maybe fix the scientific journal system so people like Wakefield can't abuse it is really disappointing.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Halloween Liker posted:

Cant be a good argument if it takes that long to get across.

He gets his argument across in a few minutes (the only even semi-credible study that claims there's a link between vaccines and autism is the one Lancet study, it has been discredited, the author has been revealed as a complete charlatan).

The rest of the run time is a very in-depth exploration of the staggering amount of ethical and legal violations the Lancet guy did, and a very thorough exploration of how he was 100% bought by a shady lawyer who wanted to rake in the big buxx by suing all the vaccine manufacturers, and how he needed a doctor to falsify a published article saying there is a link between MMR vaccines and autism to do so. And how the guy then 100% falsified his article, committed numerous counts of shocking child abuse etc.

It's a very good and entertaining video.

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

Halloween Liker posted:

The man in the video is balding so his head is like a melon that could be shot for fun, you awful prick

wow objectifying the bald youre canceled buddy

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Hairless Bomber Guy

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Attacking journalism is attacking the established "enemy" of online media. Its also a tactic that works well for conservatives and the alt right and has traveled over because of the parasitic good guy/bad guy nature of most online "left" media.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Sorting Algorithms posted:

It's a fine video but the way he puts all the blame entirely on journalists because he's too I loving Love Science to even consider that scientific institutions could do a better job informing the public or even try to maybe fix the scientific journal system so people like Wakefield can't abuse it is really disappointing.

Blaming the journal? Absolutely that should have been covered more. Blaming the scientific community for not communicating? Well they use the media to communicate, so if the media sucks what are they suppose to do? People aren't interested in anything beyond a snappy headline.

Halloween Liker posted:

Attacking journalism is attacking the established "enemy" of online media. Its also a tactic that works well for conservatives and the alt right and has traveled over because of the parasitic good guy/bad guy nature of most online "left" media.

Yes yes we get it often times the media is demonized and blamed for telling the truth. This isn't really the case this time. You'd probably have realized that had you watched the loving video.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 19:53 on May 28, 2021

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
OP is there a 12 hour response video to this one I can watch instead?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Humongous Bomber Guy

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
DarkLordSpartan beats RoseRifle69 the nukes will fire!

Holy poo poo I have never seen anything like this, RoseRifle just couldn't keep up manufacturing as DarkLord picked away and then that swarm at 29 minutes...

The nukes will fire, good bye and god bless, If you are not online youre in for a surprise.

Sorting Algorithms
Feb 7, 2021

Duck and Cover posted:

Blaming the journal? Absolutely that should have been covered more. Blaming the scientific community for not communicating? Well they use the media to communicate, so if the media sucks what are they suppose to do? People aren't interested in anything beyond a snappy headline.

He has a throwaway joke complaining about a paywall on a newspaper site while not even mentioning that a huge part of the disconnect between what scientific papers say and what is reported on is largely because scientific journals cost thousands of dollars and spend much of their lifecycle totally locked down out of the eyes of the public. A video all about a controversy that was driven in the public eye by mistrust of the scientific and medical establishment conspicuously avoiding touching on any of these topics or the ways that science and medicine could work on being more approachable feels very "the system cannot fail, it can only be failed".

Especially for an ostensibly left-wing internet personality with a largely American audience, its a real oversight to not talk about any of the institutional biases and instead just focus on Wakefield as a single bad actor.

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Duck and Cover posted:

Yes yes we get it often times the media is demonized and blamed for telling the truth. This isn't really the case this time. You'd probably have realized that had you watched the loving video.

i watched the video and you obviously didn't understand my post, you're wrong and possibly an idiot.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I was going to watch it, but I decided to tell OP to suck my rear end instead

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Lord help me im running wild in the streets stealing vaccinations from people and destroying them

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Sorting Algorithms posted:

He has a throwaway joke complaining about a paywall on a newspaper site while not even mentioning that a huge part of the disconnect between what scientific papers say and what is reported on is largely because scientific journals cost thousands of dollars and spend much of their lifecycle totally locked down out of the eyes of the public. A video all about a controversy that was driven in the public eye by mistrust of the scientific and medical establishment conspicuously avoiding touching on any of these topics or the ways that science and medicine could work on being more approachable feels very "the system cannot fail, it can only be failed".

Especially for an ostensibly left-wing internet personality with a largely American audience, its a real oversight to not talk about any of the institutional biases and instead just focus on Wakefield as a single bad actor.

Do you really expect the average person to read (let alone understand) a scientific article even if they were wildly available? They could be written to be more accessible but I doubt there's many people who would care enough to read them that don't already care enough to read and comprehend them.

Oversight? Maybe but I think the goal was to tell an entertaining story more than to really convince anyone of anything. You could probably get another hour or so if you wanted just talking about how sciences failings (see CDC "well masks don't work.... if they aren't worn properly", "it's fine to not wear a mask if you and everyone else is vaccinated").

a mysterious cloak posted:

I was going to watch it, but I decided to tell OP to suck my rear end instead

What's in it for me?

Halloween Liker posted:

i watched the video and you obviously didn't understand my post, you're wrong and possibly an idiot.

We as a society have learned to capitalize "I", please join us. Bammo GOTCHA!

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Duck and Cover posted:

We as a society have learned to capitalize "I", please join us. Bammo GOTCHA!

wrong again bich

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

watching OP get angrey that no one cares is unironically more fun and interesting than the video he posted, thank you OP

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

AHH F/UGH posted:

watching OP get angrey that no one cares is unironically more fun and interesting than the video he posted, thank you OP

Everyone cares they just want to be cool and try to dunk on my superior self. It's awfully pathetic really but I get it they can't produce anything of worth (like my amazing threads) and try to just spray poo poo everywhere in hopes things become more like them.

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Duck and Cover posted:

Everyone cares they just want to be cool and try to dunk on my superior self. It's awfully pathetic really but I get it they can't produce anything of worth (like my amazing threads) and try to just spray poo poo everywhere in hopes things become more like them.

Can you go into a bit more detail about the poo poo spray.

Halloween Liker fucked around with this message at 23:04 on May 28, 2021

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Halloween Liker posted:

Can you go into a bit more detail about the poo poo spray.

Sure thing. https://i.imgur.com/IAqcu83.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
can I get the video link again I missed it