Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

They're ok I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I knew a boy whose favorite band in the whole world was Bare Naked Ladies. Like, how does that even happen? They're basically a novelty band.

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kntfkr posted:

I knew a boy whose favorite band in the whole world was Bare Naked Ladies. Like, how does that even happen? They're basically a novelty band.

I know a dude whose favorite band is 311 and wondered the same thing. Also this dude thinks he is the poo poo.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Yaldabaoth posted:

Maybe if people weren't such prudes we could get a mainstream band that really was 4 naked women.

I dunno if it's prudes so much as the infinite thirst inherent in man.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I sang her songs while she dyed my hair

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Stryder posted:

what was that other 90s band with the song about "wanna put my tender heart in a blender"? They sucked rear end too.

eve 6

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

somewhere there's a timeline where mc 900ft jesus became the big canadian humor gimmick pop thing and it is a better timeline

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

I could hide out under there

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I threw that god damned cd out of my car window after skipping through a few songs slowly realizing I had been had. My friend was upset that I didn’t just let him have it.
Lmao sorry dude

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Arent they canadian or something also yuck! :barf:

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!
Fun Shoe
Ha ha more like Bare Naked LaDEEZ NUTS!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I’m seeing them in concert next summer, can’t wait!

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!
Fun Shoe

vaginite posted:

I could hide out under there

Under where?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Lmao that one of them got booked for cocaine possession and kicked out of the band because they had a "childrens' record" coming out. I mean, all of their records are childrens' records. That's like Raffi getting nicked for heroin trafficking.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
OP i think you'll like Rockbitch then! https://m.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEA&search_query=Rockbitch

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit

Gotta get in tune with Sailor Moon
'Cause that cartoon has got the boom anime babes
That make me think the wrong thing

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=519601180&noseen=1

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Growing up there were these family friends that lived "up north" in a very rural area. They had super weird kids and we would have to play when our parents had dinner, as kids do. I tried showing one of them a Barenaked Ladies CD and he was pretty anxious at the name.

I was like "its fine just listen" and then he yelled for me to turn it off because we would get in trouble when a song used the word "hell".

Last I checked he was in his late 20s and really into Kingdom Hearts so lmao.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Cosmic Thing posted:

I know a dude whose favorite band is 311 and wondered the same thing. Also this dude thinks he is the poo poo.

Investigate 311

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

GEEKABALL posted:

Under where?

got ‘em

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Tuggin in bed just like Brian Wilson did

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.

Bad Purchase posted:

are you sure they are not ladies? they have that song about chicken vagina

Not much whats chicken vagina with u?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

TO REBUILD

REBUILD

REBUILD

REBUILD?

TO REBUILD.

Jaxts
Apr 29, 2008
So long ago on summer day, I put my best shirt on

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
The guy from Barenaked Ladies told me he was going to buy me the best Reuben sandwich I had ever had and then when he came back to the table he brought me a patty melt with a bite taken out of it and when I started to say something he screamed something incoherent and jumped through the plate glass window of the deli we were at.

Nice guy.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Cosmic Thing posted:

people make fun of 311 a lot but everyone I know IRL who liked 311 in high school or previous went on to have excellent taste so who knows

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

drat i want a Reuben now

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Mozi posted:

people make fun of 311 a lot but everyone I know IRL who liked 311 in high school or previous went on to have excellent taste so who knows

They learned to come original.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Who's gonna venmo me

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mozi posted:

See yeh the thing is he otherwise DOES have p decent taste in music. His vinyl collection is actually drat fine.. But of allllll the music out there 311 is your favorite?! Like THEY are the best band??… idk man. I can’t get behind that nor his holier than tho attitude. Lol.

I also have another friend who swears AC/DC is the best band ever… ok disagree but at least he has a good argument there. I do think they go beyond signature sound to just hey listen to our one drat song we just give many different names to tho.

e: Also, not trying to plug myself but I did listen to 311 in high school, LOL. I'm somewhat familiar with your musical taste and we sync up on a bit of stuff IIRC. Did you listen to 311 in hs as well? :P

ee: also Do we really wanna use listening to 311 as a marker for young people who go on to have good taste in music when they grow up? I mean like really what are we saying? Is this a sign that we are searching out music that does not "fit the mold" which eventually means we explore a lot of different poo poo and find the bands that are doing unique and unprecedented poo poo and doing it well? Cuz if that is the logic here, we could easily name a dozen bands that fit that. I mean is that the identifier here? If not what would be the reason 311 leads to "good" taste?

Cosmic Thing fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Dec 1, 2021

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

311 is a big weed guy band and weed guys tend to dig music :shrug:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Poohs Packin posted:

311 is a big weed guy band and weed guys tend to dig music :shrug:

It's because they come original.

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002
This thread got me thinking about other lovely 90s bands and, given the laws of probability, does that mean there's someone in the world whose favorite band corresponds to each lovely 90s band? Like, somewhere out there, there's a bedroom loving covered in Crash Test Dummies posters?

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stryder posted:

This thread got me thinking about other lovely 90s bands and, given the laws of probability, does that mean there's someone in the world whose favorite band corresponds to each lovely 90s band? Like, somewhere out there, there's a bedroom loving covered in Crash Test Dummies posters?

It's hard to think that could be someone's favorite band... it'd have to be some dumbass (who is) Canadian. They love their representatives.

Cosmic Thing fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Dec 1, 2021

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Great day to not share the same timeline with the people that can gift you gimmick coasters that begin to play Wonderwall on repeat every time you put a cup on it.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Great day to not share the same timeline with the people that can gift you gimmick coasters that begin to play Wonderwall on repeat every time you put a cup on it.

Can you send me one

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

tyoo day is gonna be the day that I put my coffee mug on you...

Stryder fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Dec 1, 2021

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Hearing "Go Home" by BNL for the first time was a trip at the end of the song when they all shout "gently caress yeah!"

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Totally inoffensive CanCon.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'm not impressed by the band, but bare naked ladies, in general, are always very impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

It's because they come original.

He shouts out Roni Size in that song