Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

OH COME ON

https://twitter.com/seattlesports/status/1552814476327456769?s=21&t=2mgIidYrwlH1OIIyL6ax7A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

what we have drew lock it’s fine

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Out: Homework

Back In: Warzone Streams

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1552824557941186563

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Bob Socko posted:

OH COME ON

Not blaming him for the lovely trade but holy gently caress what a lovely trade.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Lol Pete and John suck

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
So it’s pretty clear they’ll be bad but will the hawks at least be fun to watch this season? The last few years it’s just been a painful experience.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

So it’s pretty clear they’ll be bad but will the hawks at least be fun to watch this season? The last few years it’s just been a painful experience.

They'll be less stressful, at least. Given the solid draft, and assuming none of the major draft picks pull a Malik McDowell, there's a chance that they'll only be missing a quarterback. I'm just happy that there will be no more nail biters where Russ wins it for us at the last second, or maybe he doesn't, oh god what's going on.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

They'll go 2-0 vs the niners so you'll enjoy that for sure.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Watched an interview with Jamal Adams a day or two ago, he got surgery on his fingers that were troublesome. Said he will probably never be able to make a fist correctly again for the rest of his life but "its all good, for the love of the game."

Athletes are crazy, man.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Mustached Demon posted:

They'll go 2-0 vs the niners so you'll enjoy that for sure.

Yeah, Jimmy G is going to go off on the 49ers when they meet twice

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

No. They will not be fun to watch.

Having a poo poo quarterback isn’t fun. Maybe if we had an excitingly middling one like the year Jameis threw an absurd amount of tds and ints, that could be fun. But watching Geno and Lock just plain miss will not be fun.

…but! We at least have a couple exciting rookies to watch and see how they develop. All three of the top picks should be interesting if nothing else. We can root for them to grow :)

E: actually if they are in contention for a top 3 pick in the back half of the season, that could be enjoyable to root for!

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Just pretend you're watching a Mariners game and laugh when they do as poorly as expected.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Winners & Losers from Rams first week of training camp
turfshowtimes - JB Scott

BIG WINNERS

Allen Robinson

https://twitter.com/robertmays/status/1552417217983430656

Derion Kendrick, CB

https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1551687031452889088

Winners

Coleman Shelton, IOL

It’s early on in training camp, but at this point Coleman Shelton seems to be the odds-on favorite to start at RG. Shelton has been rotating first team snaps with rookie Logan Bruss, but it’s typical for the Rams to default to the veteran in these situations.

Shelton filled in last season at both center and guard when the team was going through their COVID-19 outbreak - and for the most part he held his own. He could be in for a much larger role here in 2022.

Tutu Atwell, WR

After a disappointing rookie season, Atwell is hoping to steal some of Van Jefferson’s playing time as the third WR in LA’s rotation. Atwell is one of the fastest players on the Rams roster, and Sean McVay should be able to use him as a deep threat and designated gadget-type player.

He looks buffed-up heading into year 2.

Losers

Everyone listed on the “losers” deserves the benefit of the doubt and the caveat that it’s still very early, but there are some individuals that are trending downwards.

Tremayne Anchrum, OL

Maybe I was under the wrong impression, but I figured the competition at RG would boil down to mostly Anchrum and Shelton - though Anchrum’s name has been rarely mentioned in the early days of training camp.

Does he slot in more as a tackle, or has he just been passed over by both Shelton and Bruss?

Bryce Perkins, QB

In a backwards way the signing of fourth string QB Luis Perez makes it more difficult for the Rams to keep Perkins on the backend of the roster, especially if Perez plays well during the preseason.

If these quarterbacks on even remotely on equal footing, it’s unlikely teams poach both individuals - which defeats the purpose of dedicating a roster spot to Perkins over a key special teamer or developmental prospect.

If Perkins isn’t head and shoulders better than Perez, he’s probably on his way out of Los Angeles in 2022.

Quentin Lake, DB

The Rams are monitoring a hamstring injury for the rookie safety, who will start training camp on the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list.

Russ Yeast was drafted in the round after Lake this spring, and Yeast has the versatility to play both deep safety and nickel corner. We’ve seen players who miss time in training camp fall behind the 8-ball, and at this point it’s probably safe to say Yeast is running head of Lake.

There might not be room for both on the roster, which means Lake could end up on the outside looking in. He’d be a prime candidate for the practice squad; however, he’d also be a prime candidate to get signed away by another team.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Honestly I'm kind of relieved by the lowered expectations, just let the young guys play and see what happens. If they step up this roster probably isn't as far away as people think it is.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Any roster is far away if it doesn’t have a QB

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
Weird question, but are any Seahawks people interested in buying some season tickets at face value? I hate selling them on StubHub. I've got 3 free'd up for all 10 games due to some medical issues with my co-owners. They're Club Level Section 231 Row I. You can see Geno Smith throw interceptions from like 70 feet away or something.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Benne posted:

Honestly I'm kind of relieved by the lowered expectations, just let the young guys play and see what happens. If they step up this roster probably isn't as far away as people think it is.

That's where I am too. September will probably look extremely bad with a very young O line and new defensive scheme, so my main hope is for improvement as the season progresses. Things I'm especially interested in:

*Do the young tackles learn how to run block?
*Does the offensive scheme look appreciably different from the 3.5 weeks of Geno starts last year?
*Does Jordyn Brooks take a leap at MLB?
*Can the team develop starting-quality cornerbacks so the safeties don't have to carry the whole secondary?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Schwack posted:

Weird question, but are any Seahawks people interested in buying some season tickets at face value? I hate selling them on StubHub. I've got 3 free'd up for all 10 games due to some medical issues with my co-owners. They're Club Level Section 231 Row I. You can see Geno Smith throw interceptions from like 70 feet away or something.

I’d be interested in some tickets if they were offered at a steep discount.

I’d for sure pick up the Denver game tickets immediately.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Schwack posted:

My dad is a Jets (and Giants) fan, so I'd be interested in those games. Jets game is on New Year's Day though, and I don't know yet if we're visiting family on the east coast.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Winners & Losers from Rams first week of training camp
turfshowtimes - JB Scott

I’m really really excited for Robinson, he’s the perfect big bodied, huge catch radius WR that Stafford needs. The last time they had a guy even remotely close to his skillset is maybe Kenny Britt? If Tutu can put it together this year they are going to be set at wide receiver for a few years.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'll try to go to a Seahawks game if I find them cheap for resale.

I did put myself on the season ticket waitlist but there's less seats in the stadium than my waitlist number.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

seiferguy posted:

I'll try to go to a Seahawks game if I find them cheap for resale.

I did put myself on the season ticket waitlist but there's less seats in the stadium than my waitlist number.

I've been on that list for 5 years and moved forward to 9/10ths of my starting number. Makes me look at the licenses. If they're bad and with the economy turning maybe there'll be some ok deals.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

We are gonna need several years of the Seahawks being terrible before the season ticket list shrinks at all.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

I’m really really excited for Robinson, he’s the perfect big bodied, huge catch radius WR that Stafford needs. The last time they had a guy even remotely close to his skillset is maybe Kenny Britt?

I'd say that's right, but as you know, Robinson far exceeds Britt's talent. It'll be fun to see see him in the Rams' offense.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
While the topic is on tickets, I have 49ers seasons tickets that I can't always use. They're home side so you'll have the shade and not be baking in the sun. If anyone is interested for a specific game, PM me.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Peachfart posted:

We are gonna need several years of the Seahawks being terrible before the season ticket list shrinks at all.

I live far enough outside of Seattle and the ticket prices are so high I have never seen a Seahawks game despite not missing a game on TV/radio for many years so...

Schwack posted:

Weird question, but are any Seahawks people interested in buying some season tickets at face value?

How much is face value and what games? I am definitely interested.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
I'll trade kraken tickets for seahawks ones. Tough to tell who'll be doing worse tbh.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

DariusLikewise posted:

I’m really really excited for Robinson, he’s the perfect big bodied, huge catch radius WR that Stafford needs. The last time they had a guy even remotely close to his skillset is maybe Kenny Britt? If Tutu can put it together this year they are going to be set at wide receiver for a few years.

YES, I am hype on the Tutu train. Last year for him was.... strange, and some weird chatter about his attitude. Whatever, if he puts it all together this year I'd be super happy. If Van Jeff takes another big step in improvement, WHOO

Who I seriously want/NEED to step up big this year is T Lewis. We lost Von, but it wont be a big deal at all if T Lewis can play to what weve all been hoping he could be. THIS IS THE YEAR. NO MORE EXCUSES LETS GO

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1553739099642761217

Good to know Pete still has a thing for first-round bust defenders

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Pete has incredible "I can fix him" energy.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1553739099642761217

Good to know Pete still has a thing for first-round bust defenders

Well, he was good his rookie year, so I would not consider him a true bust. He was arrested 3 times in 2018 (twice for domestic violence) and got cut due to that. Really more of a Bengals, Cowboys, or Raiders pickup with that record. I guess he also wrecked his knee so who knows now.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Manoueverable posted:

Pete has incredible "I can fix him" energy.

The entire QB lineup exudes this lol

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

seiferguy posted:

The entire QB lineup exudes this lol

Yah and it was like that before Russ too lols

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Schwack posted:

I might be interested, if you have any left. I just realized my wife has never seen a game in person, I have only seen two myself.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Ornery and Hornery posted:

No. They will not be fun to watch.

Having a poo poo quarterback isn’t fun. Maybe if we had an excitingly middling one like the year Jameis threw an absurd amount of tds and ints, that could be fun. But watching Geno and Lock just plain miss will not be fun.

…but! We at least have a couple exciting rookies to watch and see how they develop. All three of the top picks should be interesting if nothing else. We can root for them to grow :)

E: actually if they are in contention for a top 3 pick in the back half of the season, that could be enjoyable to root for!

I think they have a chance to be pretty fun. The running game could be decent, I'm a huge Kenneth Walker believer and I like Penny as well, that'll really come down to that retooled O line and seeing if they can end up putting it together. And I'm actually one of those freaks who is interested to see how first Geno, and maybe Lock, fare. Geno had a really nice game last season. Not like I expect that every week but I'm interested to see what he's got.

I doubt the defense will be very good though, and I'd be surprised if they win so many games, they almost certainly are the worst team in a pretty drat good division. But losing can still be interesting depending on what happens in the game, and I like that the last several seasons of treading water with Russ are over.

Dre2Dee2 posted:

YES, I am hype on the Tutu train. Last year for him was.... strange, and some weird chatter about his attitude. Whatever, if he puts it all together this year I'd be super happy. If Van Jeff takes another big step in improvement, WHOO

Who I seriously want/NEED to step up big this year is T Lewis. We lost Von, but it wont be a big deal at all if T Lewis can play to what weve all been hoping he could be. THIS IS THE YEAR. NO MORE EXCUSES LETS GO

I would love to see Tutu lower Van's playing time. I'm not a big Van Jefferson believer, I feel like he only makes catches on perfect throws, he's not that fast or athletic, he's just kinda there. So Tutu pushing him would be great.

Terrell Lewis is obviously going to receive a season ending injury in the preseason, sorry but you heard it here first.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1553888636453629952?s=20&t=QFO_TL0NpIP3-CWV_P9jyg

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
We have a Deebo contract, football gods be praised.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Good, Deebo works hard to establish the Run even as a WR.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
DEEEEEBOOOOOOOOOO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Allah ackbar