Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
https://twitter.com/sashvazy/status/1564723555891351552?s=20&t=yTTEJhUTONSDAKLJ70-rHA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

lol

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxjwb5cXTI0

speng31b
May 8, 2010

do you think he'll get to be a force ghost

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/CGTNOfficial/status/1564878328611614722

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Gross head thing ew!!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

quote:

Chairman of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Russian Federation Gennady Zyuganov made an official comment on the death of Mikhail Gorbachev. The leader of the Communist Party of the Russian Federation noted that he considers Gorbachev one of the rulers in the history of Russia, who brought absolute misfortune, grief and misfortune to the peoples of the country.
https://twitter.com/kprf/status/1564960855967555584?s=20&t=lp-WRGwScd-rLOSELU9frg
when he's right, he's right

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

MCU brain rot at its peak here

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

MLSM posted:

MCU brain rot at its peak here

Bro it’s a joke.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Bro it’s a joke.

MCU is still brain rot. Fight me

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Ruthkanda wasn't a joke though.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

He just died? Wow. I didn't know that, you're telling me now for the first time.

He led an amazing life. What else can you say? He was an amazing man...I'm sad to hear that

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

MLSM posted:

No.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

MLSM posted:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

And I'm glad I'm not Gorbachev
'cause I'd wiggle all night
Like jelly in a pot
At leats he's got a garden with a fertile plot
And a party that will never stop

it stopped btw

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

scanning for Truths

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Well it cost him nothing personally, cost the rest of the species everything though.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
Partners in crime

Only registered members can see post attachments!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Yeah but Gorbachev also made a lot of money from a Pizza Hut ad so who can say overall whether his legacy is good or bad

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

loving liberal

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

mawarannahr posted:

scanning for Truths

I mean he was like Carter in that he was an evil bloodthirsty psychopath remembered fondly and derisively at the same time for being a “nice guy” responsible for untold human suffering. rot in piss

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/nothingface/status/1564717418412400642?cxt=HHwWhICzpfWM_7YrAAAA

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Echo Chamber posted:

Chairman of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Russian Federation Gennady Zyuganov made an official comment on the death of Mikhail Gorbachev. The leader of the Communist Party of the Russian Federation noted that he considers Gorbachev one of the rulers in the history of Russia, who brought absolute misfortune, grief and misfortune to the peoples of the country.

"you said misfortune twice"

"i like misfortune!"

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
Mr Gorbachev, put that wall back up!

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Xi Jinping Thought:

https://twitter.com/Karl_Was_Right/status/1564844266773311488?t=zS7VASC4B35YOQkvTTprnA&s=19

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

We must study, and remember, the past. :hai:

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

comrade xi, my country yearns for freedom

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXHleozgQ18

Janitor Ludwich IV has issued a correction as of 11:57 on Sep 1, 2022

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

he's right, but otoh the west also celebrates imposing the washington consensus on every country that was in crisis in the 80s so even when the state-collapsing reforms aren't well-meaning, anything that leads to more capitalism is interpreted as an important step forward

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
Gorba chew a slice

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Gorbachev lived to be like 90 plus. Way too long for his diet of pizza.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Gorbachev lived to be like 90 plus. Way too long for his diet of pizza.

pizza is good for you

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Cuttlefush posted:

pizza is good for you

Whew, I may live to 103 then

speng31b
May 8, 2010

pizza only sustains you as long as you sustain pizza. Gorbachev failed on his end of the bargain and therefore his life was at an end

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

vyelkin posted:

he's right, but otoh the west also celebrates imposing the washington consensus on every country that was in crisis in the 80s so even when the state-collapsing reforms aren't well-meaning, anything that leads to more capitalism is interpreted as an important step forward

right - I think his point is that anyone who advances capitalism is celebrated by the West, because they advanced capitalism, and the hair-splitting over intent is just a varnish over that.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

On sober reflection, I think what Gorbachev did was great from a Trotskyist perspective. All the industry that arrived after the fall of the Soviet Union is ripe for being seized by the state.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I think if Krushchev had made pizza available to the average citizen then Gorbachev would never have had the opportunity or perhaps even felt the need to destroy the Soviet Union so perhaps we ought to reflect on who the real villains are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
apparently Stalin was importing hamburgers at one point so he knew what was what