Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

GOD IS BED posted:

this thread made me pull out my ambernic, thanks for helping me game at work, goons

no problem bro, but heads up, if you want to post in my thread any further i would ask that you please remove the weird gif of pluto spreading his rear end hole open from your sig and also the gang tags from your avatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

tmfc posted:

no problem bro, but heads up, if you want to post in my thread any further i would ask that you please remove the weird gif of pluto spreading his rear end hole open from your sig and also the gang tags from your avatar.

lmao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Alright, turning sigs on now.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

actually i'm gonna insist on that if you wanna post in imp zone at all please and thank you

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lol gross wtf

----------------

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

also please refer to the denizens of Imp Zone as "imp zoners", "impzonians", or other similarly concise terms

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

tmfc posted:

I don't know why I read this and then said

American McGay posted:

Alright, turning sigs on now.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

tmfc posted:

sounds like i shoudl have sigs on

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Not having sigs on is disrespectful to the flair and hard work of your posting pals.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Not having sigs on is disrespectful to the flair and hard work of your posting pals.
Good. I like being disrespectful.

----------------

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

That's why whenever someone says they don't have sigs on i add them to my ignore list

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

GOD IS BED posted:

this thread made me pull out my ambernic, thanks for helping me game at work, goons

OP is that actually your car in your most recent probe post.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

OP is that actually your car in your most recent probe post.

That should be in his sig

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

GOD IS BED posted:

Hell yeah, another first gen Neon owner!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
What’s the issue?

----------------

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

my Pocket 3+ came today and it kicks rear end. i immediately installed the Game Pass app and played Skate 3 for like an hour after opening the package. still need to go through and set the thing up so it feels less Android-ey and load ROMs onto it etc. but i'm very satisfied with it so far.

idk if i'll bother with installing the hall effect sticks just yet, the stock ones seem fine for now.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

tmfc posted:

my Pocket 3+ came today and it kicks rear end. i immediately installed the Game Pass app and played Skate 3 for like an hour after opening the package. still need to go through and set the thing up so it feels less Android-ey and load ROMs onto it etc. but i'm very satisfied with it so far.

idk if i'll bother with installing the hall effect sticks just yet, the stock ones seem fine for now.

How long did it take to come in? I ordered one this morning and hope it gets here within two weeks or so.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Retroid announced a clamshell style handheld if that’s your thing:

https://youtu.be/PBbkXe8pmS4

My understanding is that this is close to a RP3+.

Speaking of which, expect a Flip+ to be announced relatively soon since that’s how these guys do things.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

herculon posted:

How long did it take to come in? I ordered one this morning and hope it gets here within two weeks or so.

i did DHL, ordered on 2/22, received in Chicago on 3/13.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i got a RG35XX (sorry TLD you never responded so i sold that poo poo on ebay to get this lol) because i realized none of these pieces of crap had ergonomics that are remotely comfortable/i liked. so I decided to live in the d-pad only world and this thing pwns. its tiny as hell and mf'ers already have the streamlined the setup. Every game you exit is saved stated which pops you back in whenever you open it/power down, now i just need a slow day at work and start working myself through old rpgs. figured i'd go to the top of the list on ps1 so breath of fire 3 it is

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

I’ve never played bof 3 :(

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

right arm posted:

I’ve never played bof 3 :(

I bet you never played bof:a either

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

lol

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i FINALLY was motivated enough to take an hour to get retroarch set up all nicely with the hotkeys and CRT / LCD filters and stuff on my Retroid Pocket 3+ and it's like night and day vs the RG351M i was using previously. love this thing so much.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I have of these stupid rear end handhelds and always take an hour to set it up and immediately throw it in a drawer

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i'm using mine to play Links Awakening DX and freely switching between playing on the handheld or on my TV with a controller OP

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

cute

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Wife is getting me a Retroid this summer for my birthday, I cannot wait. All I want in the world is to be able to play PS1 racing games whenever and wherever.

I know it’s in the house but it’s still a little less than a month until I can get it. Visions of Ape Escape and Bomberman Hero keep dancing in my head

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Emudeck for steam deck has made summer of zelda incredible, cannot recommend enough

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

dromal phrenia posted:

Emudeck for steam deck has made summer of zelda incredible, cannot recommend enough

This.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

dromal phrenia posted:

:hai:

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

anyone w/a retroid pocket having trouble with external controllers having their A/B and X/Y buttons flipped, make sure your system firmware and controller firmware (if applicable, e.g. 8bitdo) are up to date and use D-input mode for 8bitdo controllers. finally fixed this today for myself, it was driving me insane whenever i'd try to play with a controller on my TV.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
What on earth? These hand helds cost as much as a switch and don't have totk??

----------------

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

SpaceAceJase posted:

no, it only plays good games

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

SpaceAceJase posted:

no my switch was $300.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

tmfc posted:

no my switch was $300.

And lots of peoples steamdecks have totk

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Grassy Knowles posted:

And lots of peoples steamdecks have totk

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

krillin winning their fight by shouting math problems at him owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

After just over a year my analogue pocket is finally preparing to ship! :toot: I don’t have anything like it so I’m pumped to experience new avenues of gaming