Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

My eighth grade English class got yelled at because we had a creative writing project where we all had to write a five page short story and over half the class wrote theirs about Wildy battles in RuneScape.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

NienNunb posted:

My eighth grade English class got yelled at because we had a creative writing project where we all had to write a five page short story and over half the class wrote theirs about Wildy battles in RuneScape.

Lol

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
for an art assignment when I was 11 I copied some concept art of a Yamato heavy horse archer from, I think, the Age of Empires 1 manual. the teacher was pretty bemused

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Not a video game in and of itself but I definitely wrote a book report on one of the Halo tie-in novels in like 6th grade. Didn't get a very good grade but hell. You want me to write a book report a week you're going to get some video game tie-in novels.

Pretty certain I did the same thing, and I also remember bullshiting a book report to claim Lord of the Rings Return of the King was meant to inform rather than entertain.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Roth posted:

Pretty certain I did the same thing, and I also remember bullshiting a book report to claim Lord of the Rings Return of the King was meant to inform rather than entertain.

lol. In this essay I will demonstrate that The Scouring of the Shire is an incisive look into the behaviors and mindset of collaborators during an occupation.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

symbolic posted:

i wrote an essay about Roblox in 5th grade and one of the soccer players called me a fag

i'm going to kick your rear end

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I got the tude now posted:

i'm going to kick your rear end

an actionable threat on the Lord's Day, how could you

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

roblox came out in 2006 dude

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
a 30 year old could have written about roblox in grade 5, provided they were held back twice, presumably because they were the kind of kid who would write about roblox

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Arrhythmia posted:

a 30 year old could have written about roblox in grade 5, provided they were held back twice, presumably because they were the kind of kid who would write about roblox

This.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Genuinely didn't realise Roblox was that old, I was like 15 in 2006 and don't think I even heard of it for years later

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
he's lying

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

you're right. it was actually about Flappy Bird. sorry, all

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

In grade 6 I read rainbow six for English and my creative assignment for it was a vhs recording of me playing rainbow six.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

We talking n64 or ps1 rainbow six here

Edit: or dreamcast

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Good soup! posted:

We talking n64 or ps1 rainbow six here

Edit: or dreamcast

n64. the best one.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

my morning jackass posted:

n64. the best one.

:hai:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arrhythmia posted:

roblox came out in 2006 dude

I was 21 years old in 2006

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

old imp squad

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I was 21 years old in 2006

pablo being an elderly midget is really loving with my perceptions of everyone

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Plebian Parasite posted:

lol he's Whitey from Eight Crazy Nights irl

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Plebian Parasite posted:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Pablo:

Irish
Short
Probably 1,000 years old or something. Not doing math.

At the next impcon I'm gonna catch him and force him to reveal his pot of gold

copy
Jul 26, 2007

doing the math to figure out how old i was in 2006, realizing that how long it's taking me to do does not bode well for the answer

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I was 15.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
im a year older than wormskull. huh. how about that

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Arrhythmia posted:

Pablo:

Irish

Pabl O'Nergigante

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

This. Will post my mother's maiden name later when I get the chance to double check the spelling

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

This.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Cubone posted:

in biology class we were supposed to come up with a metaphor for the structure of a cell and do a piece-by-piece explanation of how every part of the cell fits the metaphor e.g. "the ribosomes are like mailmen, the mitochondria are like a power plant"
I put together... probably about 18 pages of silent hill lore including illustrations and diagrams
I think I got a B+, which was more than fair because the project was definitely more about silent hill than it was anything else. I don't think that now, as an adult, I could even track the metaphor if I could see what I wrote, it was literally just explaining the lore of silent hill and then going "so the fog is kind of like cytoplasm"

imagine if you had played parasite eve instead. A+.