Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

As it is now the second page everybody whose name is on the DISCIPLINE list must go home on the kindergarten bus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

mutantIke posted:

no, it was ice cream that tasted like that person's personality but if you ate your own it tasted like nothing

Mine's bitter.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
the only one i remember is some teacher went absolutely bug gently caress insane because the kid would get the answer right but the show your work was wrong. all i learned was show your work is bullshit

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i was so jealous of kids getting to go to school in a skyscraper. also i thought this was the funniest poo poo.
https://twitter.com/tonytula/status/861612371013492737?s=20
up there with Bunnicula. i should revisit it as a half-dead adult.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
The kid gaining his own freedom really stuck with me. I think about it a lot.

And the kids all having their own named ice cream flavor. Mrs. Jewels had many talents.

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

Zeeman posted:

Also did anyone else also get the Sideways Arithmetic books? Those were absolutely bonkers

Once on a quiz I put an extra credit section that was just:

TRUE OR FALSE:

1. The answer to question 2 is true. T F
2. The answer to question 1 is false. T F

They were so disgusted with me.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Youremother posted:

Remember the evil substitute teacher who had an ear on the top of her head under her hair that let her hear peoples' thoughts and became good when she listened to a baby's brain.

Yeah that image stayed with me too

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
I remember the one character made up a younger brother named Ray Gunn but then someone ended up seeing him in a classroom, maybe that's the 19th floor thing?

Also cows can go up steps but not down, a fact I learned from those books!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

A Strange Aeon posted:

I remember the one character made up a younger brother named Ray Gunn but then someone ended up seeing him in a classroom, maybe that's the 19th floor thing?

Also cows can go up steps but not down, a fact I learned from those books!

To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth - John 18:37

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3J_hUoYiWE

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Loved these books as a kid but I don't remember most of the specifics. The ones that stick out are the substitute who turned kids into apples and the boy who spent his time tugging a girl's pigtails and then fell out a window and the girl let him use her pigtails to get to safety.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

uber_stoat posted:

To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth - John 18:37

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3J_hUoYiWE

Doesn't seem to like it very much.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

"It's our new computer!"

Everyone booed.

I checked out all the books and the new one from my local library and I'm reading them aloud to my partner.

They are even funnier than I remember and I gotta thank u scholastic book fair

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
I absolutely LOVED these books as a kid and they had a major influence on my sense of humor growing up. The story about Sammy made me laugh so hard I remember reading it immediately again. I should probably read them again.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Bloopsy posted:

I absolutely LOVED these books as a kid and they had a major influence on my sense of humor growing up. The story about Sammy made me laugh so hard I remember reading it immediately again. I should probably read them again.

it's so good. perfect punchline. i didn't know there was a new one.

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Zeeman posted:

Also did anyone else also get the Sideways Arithmetic books? Those were absolutely bonkers

I loved all the Wayside School books but the arithmetic books were the best. Those broke and rebuilt my brain in a really fun way as a kid.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
ELF + ELF = FOOL

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
It suddenly struck me that the ending to the story about the voice stealer had a guy who turned to his wife and said good morning for the first time in 20 years and that's exceptionally :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SopWATh
Jun 1, 2000

moana posted:

Remember the kid who gets a tattoo of a potato because he likes potatoes?

My husband tracked down the Wayside illustrator and got him to draw a pizza slice so he could get a tattoo of it. Because he likes pizza.

To this day, lets say 30 years later, this is still a joke amongst some friends. (along with bad Simpsons quotes from the mid-90's because we're grown adults with no thoughts of our own)