Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Refining storage and ores

In this video I rework the ore processing system to use summoned spirits instead of ore hammers to double my ore. Then I head into the nether to find quartz to build up a refined storage system, which will be a massive improvement in storing all the different things I'll hoard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Look at all that beautiful, centrally located, indexable storage space.

Let's Play SevTech: Ages - Update 10 - "Starlight CalliLP"

Astral Sorcery is probably the mod that I most want to play on its own, though it does feel like you go through a lot of work and gathering a lot of fancy tools which don't end up mattering all that much because the rest of the world is still Vanilla (unless that's been changed in recent years).

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

02: Obligatory (but Unusual) Cave Episode

Every Minecraft LP of some aspiring Youtuber back in the day had an episode that was spent entirely underground (and really for no good reason, but we were kids, what did we know about editing?) I at least have the mercy to cut some of the boring backtracking stuff out, but all in all, this was a rather unique turn of events. Thought I might as well upload it now since it's done.

Let me know if you think I should change the video length or change something in the audio balancing- it'll help to know before I tackle the next recording. Next one might take me a little bit to get out, mostly for how long the audio declicker plugin and the video renderer take, not because I'm actually editing much. Both of those processes relatively lock down what I can do on my PC while it's going on, so it can get in the way of my SSLP work.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Yep, definitely brought back memories of watching old playthroughs on Youtube and getting lost in caves myself. Wonder if there's a list of significant Minecraft LPs from years gone by somewhere.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Episode 7: :siren: The LP Police are coming after me! :siren:

Weee-wooo weee-woooooo
The joys of living in a big city.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Let's Play SevTech: Ages - Update 11 - "LP of the Twilight"

Mandatory boss fight time!

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Let's Play SevTech: Ages - Update 12 - "Weave an LP Round Him Thrice"

In which I spend my time in the Twilight Swamps doing everything but conventional swamp activities.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Episode 7.5: I continue building the house and still can't think of a better title

Lots of house progress today, I'm becoming quite satisfied with the way it's going.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Definitely putting us all to shame in the pretty house department. Unless things drastically change in the next era or so, I'm still gonna be living in this cave, even once I make it to space.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Let's build the house!

If its been eating away at you how the house has just been a foundation and 1 block high wall, well I finally build it up. I also show off how external storage from refined storage interacting with drawers makes an already great storage system even better.

Leal fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Oct 10, 2023

littleratbastard
Aug 18, 2018
I’ve been playing modded minecraft for a very long time, but these lps are still showin me so much I didn’t know about either mods I never played, or just things I missed in ones I have poked before. Very fun idea for a thread as well!!

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Episode 8: Gray and Brown

Not every vault can be an aesthetic winner, I guess.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Let's Play SevTech: Ages - Update 13 - "LP Engine"

Man, this felt way longer to get the content for than the narration makes it seem, but most of definitively belongs in off-screen territory.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Let's Play SevTech: Ages - Update 14 - "HelLPowered"

In which diving into the Nether serves as a prelude to the rest of the Age.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
A little late to the house building party, here's the next episode for Timdhackin'.

03: Migration to Less Torrential Pastures

There's a lot more cuts in this one as a lot of stuff gets done. We get out of the endlessly raining land to find a snowfield to set up in, build the initial iteration of our house, and clear out some dungeons. I'm also starting to get ever so slightly sleepier at this point in the recording.

It's around this point that I decide that the end goal for this "modpack" is to get 1 block of every ore, while also showing off everything I can in the process.

The next episode, we'll get dimensional ourselves as we prepare to leave the surface behind for a while. I may or may not start some work on an SSLP for a different modpack in the meantime- A real one, not this mishmash. Though it has been a fun mishmash.

Left 4 Bread fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Oct 13, 2023

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Magic Harvesting and Power

In this video I show off drygmies and a whirlisprig before building up power. And waste my time building something I end up not using :negative:

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Yeah, the wasted power stuff was pretty brutal, in time spent, if nothing else.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Yeeeah when I realized what liquid ethelyn could accomplish I was slightly annoyed. But I figure I can save the parts for the synthgas mixer and once I properly set up the tree farms to bring logs over, I can use that as a sink for excess logs and set up a second gas generator to use it. Could always use more power.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Let's Play SevTech: Ages - Update 15 - "Double your LP efficiency by creating an entirely new set of Infrastructure"

Could have easily called it some variant of "March of the Machines", there's got to be over 10 distinct devices requiring electrical power in this update.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I do really love the models for the immersive engineering multiblocks. They look fantastic without looking too out of place for a game of minecraft's visual style.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Episode 9: My Desire Sensor is (unfortunately) fully engaged

You know when you're playing a game like Monster Hunter and you just really, *really* need a specific thing to drop for you and it just won't? That's the Desire Sensor. Mine is at 100% No Desired Drops right now.

(Also I was accidentally a little aggressive with my noise cancellation, so I'm tinnier than usual here. Game audio is fine though.)

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Yeah part of the reason my brother and I stopped going through vault hunters was not getting certain things... and realizing that not only were we not finding even one, but needing to find multiples of that thing to build something else multiple times. This was a year or so back and I heard they eased up on that stuff, but woof. Realizing you need like 20 of something that we find once every 5 or so runs was intensely demoralizing

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

At least in the case of Netherite, I can go find some of it in the Nether itself. If I get to a point where I'm really lacking a specific Vault item then I'll probably up the loot drops again but for now we're still okay.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Let's Play SevTech: Ages - Update 16 - "Customize your LP with Modular Construction"

So ends Age 3, not with a bang, but with cramming in one last machinery-themed mod.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Episode 10 & 11: Oops // Oh No

What happens when you mess up two recordings in a row? May as well salvage what you can and combine them together!... I forgot to record the video for Episode 10, and I forgot to record the in-game audio for Episode 11. Here are two summaries of what happened in each episode. I'll be back with "normal" episodes soon.

I haven't been linking my thumbnails for videos here but I was happy with the effort I put into this dumb episode's thumbnail, so here:

Yes, unfortunately I am a Magic the Gathering nerd.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Well, at least it's a short and accessible episode!

:v:

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

04: Final Days on the Surface

For this being the episode where we finish off the tower and head to the Nether, it's rather chill. I spruce up the surface and do my last bit of work and cleaning before we head on up. I think that's about it? More eventful stuff comes soon, I suppose.

my update momentum is presently ruined, I mean to have like the next three of these already finished and exported, whoops

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Mob. Blender

Also I turn logs into diamonds and set up a machine that both generates obsidian and can be used in power generation.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Episode 12: Elixir? I barely know her!

In which I get very lucky with my first Elixir Vault and regret my titling choices.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

A tour of my Gregtech New Horizons base!

A quick tour of my Gregtech New Horizons base that I played earlier this year. I'm not planning to make any other videos of this pack because I'm not actively playing it right now and actually playing it is a lot of planning, resource gathering, and sitting around waiting for automation to happen. But it's fun to look at what I've done regardless!

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Yeah, that last video's definitely making me feel like SevTech was the right choice. GregTech definitely looks way too complicated for me solo, or at least as anything other than a pick up and play every couple of weeks sort of mod.

(Been taking a break on posting for a bit, but still enjoying everybody else's videos going up.)

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Mob Dropper

Mob Blender was cool, but it had a massive downside in not getting player kill loot. I use some magic to not only let me get those drops, but also get blood splatters as well. Then I make a bunch of magic equipment and test them out on some dungeons.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Episode 13: Bigger Pouches and Waystones!

New mods unlocked, a cool vault to explore... this episode has it all!

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

FPzero posted:

Episode 13: Bigger Pouches and Waystones!

New mods unlocked, a cool vault to explore... this episode has it all!

really enjoying your series FP, been playing VH for a while now and it's interesting to see your take on it

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Thanks, I appreciate that! This thread hasn't had much traffic other than those of us posting videos so it's hard to gauge how interest is going here. I know that people are quietly watching along like every LP though so it's worth continuing.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

FPzero posted:

Thanks, I appreciate that! This thread hasn't had much traffic other than those of us posting videos so it's hard to gauge how interest is going here. I know that people are quietly watching along like every LP though so it's worth continuing.

I've been watching everything and these LPs, especially Vault Hunters, are making want to play Minecraft.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Maigius posted:

I've been watching everything and these LPs, especially Vault Hunters, are making want to play Minecraft.
I'm trying to work up the nerve to try Vault Hunters myself after getting impatient for my kiddo to return to it (he's a senior, college apps are due, etc., etc.). But I've only ever played vanilla, so it's all very daunting. Maybe tonight. :ohdear: I wonder if I can still /give myself a potion that keeps my health and hunger full.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Episode 14: An Extravagant Door

Cutting it close on purpose in a vault style I've never seen before.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Massive Farm Rework

In this video I do a lot of work in the farm area to get the products delivered to my base and also to generate constant source and mana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Episode 15: Subway Opinions

A discussion of sandwiches and family.