Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
No idea why it's becoming a trend to make life difficult in games, bellwright suffers from a lot the same issues.
Hostile crafting systems are not a substitute for lovely combat design

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senrab
May 10, 2012
If crafting can fail it should still give some xp. Losing mats on a failed craft sucks, always has always will. I understand the goal is to create some pushback on the crafting system to simulate scarcity and the value of skilled crafters for their "economy" ideas but there simply has to be a better way.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
They could just add a dice roll that takes a second rather than the bars moving every time. I completely understand crafting failing but for the time it takes to get basic mats to have your basic stuff fail is insanity.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

sad to hear about these bad experiences, ive been hoping this would be decent

o well maybe itll improve

Lobus
Jun 24, 2016

What happened here?
:parrot:
It really sucks that they are going the same way of paying real world money to own plots of land in a game. It reminds me of the awful system from Shroud of the Avatar. I dont understand why they cant do what SWG did where land was first come first serve and you had to maintain it with in game currency. Or just do instanced plots. Literally anything would be better than paying for it.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

oof. instantly disinterested in this game now

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
The crazy stuff the streamer guilds do is entertaining to watch on YouTube. But lol actually being a part of it.

Simon Numbers posted:

No idea why it's becoming a trend to make life difficult in games, bellwright suffers from a lot the same issues.
Hostile crafting systems are not a substitute for lovely combat design

Because people min/max the poo poo out of online games from day 1. Path of least resistance yada yada... So I guess to combat this devs think making it harder and the only way being harder is good.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Making the optimal way to play a game the least fun way to play the game just makes less people play it.

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here
If selling land plots in the pre-orders isn't P2W then land is valueless in their MMORPG sandbox.

PyRosflam
Aug 11, 2007
The good, The bad, Im the one with the gun.

hobocrunch posted:

If selling land plots in the pre-orders isn't P2W then land is valueless in their MMORPG sandbox.

Given the low carry weight and ability to block routes other then roads, it might not be P2W but it's first movers advantage and a big wall can block access to resources.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

this game looks like poo poo in every single sense. tree punching. paying irl money for plots. terrible.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Lobus posted:

It really sucks that they are going the same way of paying real world money to own plots of land in a game. It reminds me of the awful system from Shroud of the Avatar. I dont understand why they cant do what SWG did where land was first come first serve and you had to maintain it with in game currency. Or just do instanced plots. Literally anything would be better than paying for it.

Wonder if they’ll also have official RMT from Markeedragon

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

Holyshoot posted:

Because people min/max the poo poo out of online games from day 1. Path of least resistance yada yada... So I guess to combat this devs think making it harder and the only way being harder is good.

if anyone reading this is a dev and you think this is a good idea you're dumb, hope this helps

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
This is all very sad. On the surface it seemed extremely What I Want out of an MMO in 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puffns
Jun 15, 2015
I bought the cheapest package today. Combat is still crap but I guess that they will implement directional swings and blocks or smth. I loved Mortal Online 2 combat but PD is a 3rd person game so maybe something similar like Myth of Empires had.