Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Dustin vs Christian 8 10.67%
Best Friends vs Not Lucha Bros 3 4.00%
BCG vs Mogul Embassy 4 5.33%
Anna vs Deonna 1 1.33%
Top Flight vs Private Party 2 2.67%
Joe vs Hook 57 76.00%
Total: 75 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

enigmahfc posted:

Toni storm confusing Ian for Schiavone was the best.

And hook/ joe was cool too

Ian had no idea how to react and it was completely fine lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

great username
Dec 28, 2023

Just caught up, had a power outage, but the main was amazing and HOOK is even more made than ever. That come back hope spot was knocked out of the park.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

For how much of a killer he’s made to be, hook can loving sell

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Hook needs to wrestle more than 15 matches a year against better competition. Give him the Skye Blue treatment.
If he has to job a bunch he jobs a bunch. You can spend 3 years jobbing him out and 3 years rebuilding him and at the end he'll be almost the exact same age Will Ospreay is now (their birthdays are only 3 days apart)

great username
Dec 28, 2023

Captain Foo posted:

For how much of a killer he’s made to be, hook can loving sell

Early on it was one of the main things that made me think he was going to be really legit, the way he slithered off the apron after the power bomb was perfect. He just needs to find a bit more personality or voice or something to inject into his character and promos and he'll have it all together.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I think they might unify the trio belts

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Captain Foo posted:

I'm thinking the same thing. I'd prefer them stay ROH since it feels like that has more prestige than the AEW just on tenure.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Yeah, but AEW is a real promotion so it should probably be that

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Captain Foo posted:

They're going to unify the AEW, ROH, and NEVER belts into the triple triple crown 18-man championship, which can be defended as a part of or independently of each set of trios titles.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Chinston Wurchill posted:

They're going to unify the AEW, ROH, and NEVER belts into the triple triple crown 18-man championship, which can be defended as a part of or independently of each set of trios titles.

tony khan should be arrested

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
When RUSH, Preston Vance, Danhausen, Chuck Taylor, Dustin Rhodes, Matt Sydal, Christopher Daniels, Mike Santana and "No More BS" Paul Wight finally win the 18 man belts at Wembley >>>>>

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
Roddy was way better shouting AAAAADAAAAMMM than as a scary bad guy

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

born on a buy you posted:

Agreed, he also looked tiny next to Orange Cassidy.

Also Joe v Hook was done perfectly and Joe beat the gently caress out of that twink.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

HOOK.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

The Undisputed Empire really needs to try something else. They're trying to sell these guys as scary badasses and they're just not.
Evidence: The last 6 months. We're suddenly supposed to think the neckstrong guys are scary and cool?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
The dead have risen and they're throwing T-Bone suplexes.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

We were supposed to think he was scary? I thought we were just supposed to think he was a giant rear end in a top hat who threatened a dude after he had a match and then immediately backed down when OC called his bluff

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

ChrisBTY posted:

We're suddenly supposed to think the neckstrong guys are scary and cool?

No, just a bunch of assholes.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

born on a buy you posted:

Seriously what the gently caress holy poo poo they weren't selling him as scary

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

i hate roderick strong being a comedy goofball! he should be mean and scary and stop yelling adam!

i hate roderick strong being mean and scary! he needs to be a comedy goofball and start yelling adam!

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I just hate Roderick Strong for his race, like a normal person

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Kamille was said to be at the backstage.

At this rate women will soon outnumber men and take over the show.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Trying posted:

I just hate Roderick Strong for being a foot pervert, like a normal person

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Like with Roddy it's not even the content of his promos. It's his voice. It's like it's constantly wavering and he can't establish any kind of tone.
I don't honestly know if we were supposed to take Roddy's promo on OC seriously.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I think Roddy is probably best off trying to figure out a way to come off unhinged rather than intimidating. His wrestling style is pretty impressive, but the entire rest of the time, he's not capable of putting forward "this guy can crush anyone" vibes so maybe he should work on "this lunatic could flip out and drop you on your neck at the drop of a dime" energy

Sorta like when Anna was choking people at random

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

ChrisBTY posted:

Like with Roddy it's not even the content of his promos. It's his voice. It's like it's constantly wavering and he can't establish any kind of tone.
I don't honestly know if we were supposed to take Roddy's promo on OC seriously.

He ran and decided to fight a month and a half at the PPV later when OC just said he'd fight him now after making him gently caress off trying to take his glasses.

We weren't, he's a dweeb rear end in a top hat pretending to be a big shot with this dweeb friends who is put down by one of the main dudes in this company. If he wins there will be a ton of interference and lying afterwards like a Christian Cage with less confidence. It's fine

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

We were supposed to think he was scary? I thought we were just supposed to think he was a giant rear end in a top hat who threatened a dude after he had a match and then immediately backed down when OC called his bluff

you're supposed to think he's scary. the rest of us think he's a wiener and a jerk

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The Bucks new gimmick is the perfect way to bring back Jack Perry when he's done his run in NJPW (whatever that ends up being).

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

make Mark Briscoe world champ asap

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

make Mark Briscoe world champ asap

my man here has a point

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

OnimaruXLR posted:

I think Roddy is probably best off trying to figure out a way to come off unhinged rather than intimidating. His wrestling style is pretty impressive, but the entire rest of the time, he's not capable of putting forward "this guy can crush anyone" vibes so maybe he should work on "this lunatic could flip out and drop you on your neck at the drop of a dime" energy

Sorta like when Anna was choking people at random

Yeah, like a heel version of OC that no one takes seriously until the match starts and he's beating the poo poo out of them in the ring

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Great dynamite this week, one of my favourites in a while. Felt focussed. Good matches, fun promos. Good stuff !

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

love\ the bucks pulling strings to get sting's final match. can only imagine they were dissecting and analyzing many tweets

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Cavauro posted:

love\ the bucks pulling strings to get sting's final match. can only imagine they were dissecting and analyzing many tweets

Thats what they pay Cutler to do

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Roddy should wrestle more and talk less

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Cavauro posted:

booking the match and then deciding on the story by looking online to see what your parasocial enemies have already imagined you've done ftw

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Roddy and crew are all colossal weiners

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Captain Foo posted:

Roddy and crew are all colossal weiners

scary weiners

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Great show, the only weak point for me was Roddy's promo. It wasn't godawful but it was repetitive and didn't have the menace it needed to set up the match at Revolution.

Joe vs Hook was pretty much perfect. Joe looks like a sociopath and a killer, Hook looks tough as hell. And the post-match stuff with Hangman and Swerve was great.

If Revolution gets us Hangman vs Swerve vs Joe I'm gonna be over the moon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

No way that main event was even ten minutes long, but it made the most out of every second