Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
JEFF VS MOX 2 3.64%
TOA VS ADAM 15 27.27%
MR. WARDLOW VS KOMANDER 2 3.64%
KYLE VS CHRIS 3 5.45%
TONI VS TAYA 4 7.27%
SWERVE VS ROB 29 52.73%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I really hope they run with Mister Wardlow, it just felt right. He looked great in the match too, just tossing Komander around, though the knee scare was rough. I'm starting to believe in him all over again.

We Got Us A Bread posted:

One would think that the surprise at Revolution would be either Mone' or Okada.

Yes. He announces Ospreay ahead of time, Mone and Okada are surprises for the show proper. A classic misdirect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Silver and Reynolds at two is weird but everything else is reasonable

They've been grinding wins on Cutler and Colt during the pre-show/Being the Dark Order every week for months. That's gotta add up to something.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/raion74_/status/1752887546474909802?s=46

And people say AEW doesn’t have stories. :rolleyes:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

They should do a "Death of Lex Luger" segment except it's Wardlow and the new gimmick is "Mr. Wardlow"

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

"I"m gonna beat your rear end and steal your weed" is an all-timer

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Thank you Tony for bringing back RVD. That match was fun :)

Every time RVD shows up I get sad because he looks so old and washed up

and then he gets in the ring and it's like "oh nevermind, he's still good"

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Doing CMLL vs BCC in Phoenix is gonna be fun cause I could see that crowd being pro CMLL

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Undisputed Kingdom should just go all in on calling each other "Mister" now.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Rob Van Dam being pretty much the only ECW guy to not wind up dead or otherwise wishing they were dead is impressive

Well, I guess Stevie Richards ended up okay too

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Lots of great stuff about that show but Toni is an absolute menace on commentary lmao

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

DeathChicken posted:

Rob Van Dam being pretty much the only ECW guy to not wind up dead or otherwise wishing they were dead is impressive

Well, I guess Stevie Richards ended up okay too

Taz is doing pretty well...but I digress.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Dimebags Brain posted:

Tweeting like a basic bitch, doing promo segments in sweats, flexing to himself in the tron, bringing back the casualty of war, hanging out with Matt Taven. Mr. Wardlow is the gimmick correction Wardlow needed.

2024 is gonna be the year of Mister Wardlow if they run with it.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Captain Foo posted:

Lots of great stuff about that show but Toni is an absolute menace on commentary lmao

It took her seconds to land "Tony what happened to you in the last week"

Absolute legend.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Oh yeah I also loved the Wardlow flexes to himself spot a lot.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Thinking about skipping Collision?

https://twitter.com/ElDesperado5/status/1752871565551952345

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
I have a humble confession to make.

SWERVE WHEN I DRIVE I SWERVE WHEN I DRIVE

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
https://x.com/Fightful/status/1752911370008269238?s=20

Poor Maven..

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1752884508443947193?s=20

Goddamn, that's a hell of a hold.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

This is just a nice straddle and shoulder stretch. Probably feels real nice.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Captain Foo posted:

Jonny Nox posted:

It took her seconds to land "Tony what happened to you in the last week"

Absolute legend.

she stole the entire match and even managed a full booth corpse. just amazing

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

graph posted:

she stole the entire match and even managed a full booth corpse. just amazing

Liked the Gordon Solie shoutout.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

For one brief beautiful second I thought El Desperado was gonna be on Collision fighting Danielson this week :shobon:

But we should all do what Mr. El Desperado says!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

excellent dynamite, one of the best i've been to live. didnt hate anything on it, rampage was a lot of fun too. crowd didnt seem as small as everyone was worried about, all of the floor and 2/3rds of the lower bowl were filled, only two sections of the low bowl were tarped off and it was the usual hard cam/production area. crowd felt lively for a lot of parts but were definitely quiet during the purazzo/valkyrie match and one of the rampage matches. i thought both dealer's choice matches and mox/hardy were excellent. i am really enjoying jeff hardy's foray back into singles action so far.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

only one merch stand for the entire arena was frustrating though and they wound up selling out of the sting shirt i wanted. that is an avenue that really needs to be fixed especially 5 years in now.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
show good

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

STONE COLD 64 posted:

only one merch stand for the entire arena was frustrating though and they wound up selling out of the sting shirt i wanted. that is an avenue that really needs to be fixed especially 5 years in now.
This was always true of AEW, one merch stand and one VIP line and both are backed up out of the building. I remember going to wwe shows and they'd have four or more merch stands set up

Tho one time I was waiting for my friend to buy beer so I just went to the bathroom and Scorpio Sky walked in and starting pissing beside me and I didn't notice until I was washing my hands and saw him in the mirror and I said "yo, have a good match buddy" and he tried to give me a fist bump but he didn't wash his hands and was on his way to a meet and greet. pre pandemic times were wild

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tampa Bae posted:

This was always true of AEW, one merch stand and one VIP line and both are backed up out of the building. I remember going to wwe shows and they'd have four or more merch stands set up

Tho one time I was waiting for my friend to buy beer so I just went to the bathroom and Scorpio Sky walked in and starting pissing beside me and I didn't notice until I was washing my hands and saw him in the mirror and I said "yo, have a good match buddy" and he tried to give me a fist bump but he didn't wash his hands and was on his way to a meet and greet. pre pandemic times were wild

i shared an uncomfortbale elevator ride with magnum ta, tessa blanchard, daga, and barry windham face to hairy nip with the cowboy himself wrestlemania weekend some years back.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i shared an uncomfortbale elevator ride with magnum ta, tessa blanchard, daga, and barry windham face to hairy nip with the cowboy himself wrestlemania weekend some years back.
meeting wrestlers when they aren't performing and learning they're just as weird as goons are that happen tv is always such a whiplash. also seeing them irl and learning that hardly any of them are as tall as tv claims they are

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tampa Bae posted:

meeting wrestlers when they aren't performing and learning they're just as weird as goons are that happen tv is always such a whiplash. also seeing them irl and learning that hardly any of them are as tall as tv claims they are

barry windham was a giant

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

STONE COLD 64 posted:

barry windham was a giant
wrestlers lying about their heights as if they were on dating apps. I've met people billed at 7 foot that were like 6'5 at best and wrestlers billed at 6 foot tall that were like 5'9 with lifts. The most surprising sizes to me are joshi wrestlers who are incredibly tiny and 00's mid-carders who are all over 6 foot

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Tampa Bae posted:

wrestlers lying about their heights as if they were on dating apps. I've met people billed at 7 foot that were like 6'5 at best and wrestlers billed at 6 foot tall that were like 5'9 with lifts. The most surprising sizes to me are joshi wrestlers who are incredibly tiny and 00's mid-carders who are all over 6 foot

this post checked as FALSE by Real Chugs Subscribers

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
I think their billed weight is worse than their billed height. At least with height the difference is usually only a couple of inches from their actual height.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Long-Time Lurker posted:

I think their billed weight is worse than their billed height. At least with height the difference is usually only a couple of inches from their actual height.
Somehow Ruusev was billedthe same weight as The Undertaker and I don't think either of them were close to 300 pounds lol

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Tampa Bae posted:

Somehow Ruusev was billedthe same weight as The Undertaker and I don't think either of them were close to 300 pounds lol

You'd think someone like Miro would look like a giant in AEW compared to WWE, but no, he still looks surprisingly smaller than the billed weight of near 300 pounds or whatever. Especially when you have other visibly bigger guys whose billed weight is less than his.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Mr Wardlow is a better gimmick than any he's had so far.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Billy Gunn is much taller than he looks on TV

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Long-Time Lurker posted:

You'd think someone like Miro would look like a giant in AEW compared to WWE, but no, he still looks surprisingly smaller than the billed weight of near 300 pounds or whatever. Especially when you have other visibly bigger guys whose billed weight is less than his.
Debut Evil Uno looked like he was 300 pounds, he was a thick man. I don't know how worked UFC heights/weights are but there's no goddamn shot Miro was the same weight class as brock lesner

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

STONE COLD 64 posted:

excellent dynamite, one of the best i've been to live. didnt hate anything on it, rampage was a lot of fun too. crowd didnt seem as small as everyone was worried about, all of the floor and 2/3rds of the lower bowl were filled, only two sections of the low bowl were tarped off and it was the usual hard cam/production area. crowd felt lively for a lot of parts but were definitely quiet during the purazzo/valkyrie match and one of the rampage matches. i thought both dealer's choice matches and mox/hardy were excellent. i am really enjoying jeff hardy's foray back into singles action so far.

How did the CMLL guys look on Rampage?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Tampa Bae posted:

Debut Evil Uno looked like he was 300 pounds, he was a thick man. I don't know how worked UFC heights/weights are but there's no goddamn shot Miro was the same weight class as brock lesner

MMA heavyweight covers from 206lbs up to 265lbs, with Brock usually having to cut a bit of weight to make the cut IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

if they can’t get footage for sting’s retirement, they could do like an animated history of the sting. That could be cool