Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
puppet master defense are go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I put Yuki Nakai in a top ten list of best mma fighters and you think I'm serious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRQijskAMp4

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

puppet master defense are go

Nah. Yuki Nakai is pretty cool though.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I put Yuki Nakai in a top ten list of best mma fighters and you think I'm serious.

So you take internet forums seriously and have bad opinions. I stand corrected :lol:

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Ah yeah the best trolls are the ones that make you look like a baby back bitch

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Your posts tonight haven't been funny or interesting, so if they're also not serious I suggest they become a lot less frequent

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
So ranking Frankie #3 at Featherweight is really loving dumb, right?

He's a much better fighter than Chad Mendes and really the only thing Mendes has over him is one-shot punching power.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

1st AD posted:

So ranking Frankie #3 at Featherweight is really loving dumb, right?

He's a much better fighter than Chad Mendes and really the only thing Mendes has over him is one-shot punching power.

thats the fight i wanna see next tbh, chad$ vs frankie would be cool imo

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
One thing that really impressed me was how much power Frankie got on those short punches and elbows on the ground. Towards the start Cub was hanging on tight but still got worked.

Also the way Frankie was still scrambling full speed in the 5th round, good god, I don't think I've ever seen anything like that

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Mighty Mouse can keep up that kind of pace late too, but yeah it's super impressive.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Dangersim posted:

Also the way Frankie was still scrambling full speed in the 5th round, good god, I don't think I've ever seen anything like that

yeah. he's maxed out cardio in conventional fighting.

ranking frankie anything other than #1 is dumb as gently caress and has been since he fought aldo imo

mister
Dec 18, 2011

Dangersim posted:

I'M SORRY I CANNOT HEAR YOU THEY ARE PUMPING THE MEGAMIX

:hfive: The best things about living in NJ were the people and the breakfast meat, so hopefully you don't try to call it anything but tayor ham.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

-Atom- posted:

so what round is Frankie Edgar gonna get knocked out and still somehow come back and win the fight?

Even when we like the same fighter and hope for the same end result, Atom proves himself to be hilariously wrong

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

yeah. he's maxed out cardio in conventional fighting.

ranking frankie anything other than #1 is dumb as gently caress and has been since he fought aldo imo

It's too bad they put him on that dumb show and made him fight a cabbage patch scarecrow.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Aldo and Edgar are so far ahead of the pack at Featherweight that it's unfair on Edgar (for now). I more than want to see a rematch between those two but if Frank lost he'd be stuck pulverising anyone and everyone and having fights with people who aren't contenders because he can't Aldo and he deserves better than that for his career.

Not hard to see why they're going to try to give Conor the route to the belt that avoids Edgar though.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Ever since the first Bendo fight I actually can't think of a time that Frankie has gotten rocked by anything. His defense has gotten really good.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Post fight presser about to start for those interested
http://www.ufc.tv/video/edgar-vs-swanson-post-fight-press-conference

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Aurain posted:

Aldo and Edgar are so far ahead of the pack at Featherweight that it's unfair on Edgar (for now). I more than want to see a rematch between those two but if Frank lost he'd be stuck pulverising anyone and everyone and having fights with people who aren't contenders because he can't Aldo and he deserves better than that for his career.

If Frankie really does just diet down to 145, I think they should entertain some kind of superfights with Cruz and TJ, even if they're at a dumb catchweight or whatever. Pretty sure he could easily make 135 though.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

POTN: Frankie, Oleynik
FOTN: VanZant/Curran

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Aurain posted:

Not hard to see why they're going to try to give Conor the route to the belt that avoids Edgar though.

135 is absolutely an option for edgar

Bluedeanie posted:

Even when we like the same fighter and hope for the same end result, Atom proves himself to be hilariously wrong

thanks for humiliating atom in retrospect rather than him bringing up the past on the odd occasion that he's right.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Yuriy posted:

FOTN: VanZant/Curran

huh. i'm bad at fight watching. whaddayaknow

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Yeah Wiman/Valle-Flag was a better version of that fight but whatever

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

yea im just as surprsied, the joey b and the frankie fights were both better

so were the fatties with cuddle bear

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

thanks fd for preparing frankie for his ground work

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

yea, i feel the same way. there are three/four fights on the main card that i thought were better.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

1st AD posted:

Yeah Wiman/Valle-Flag was a better version of that fight but whatever

The finish probably helped. Still a weird choice.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

I hope Choi got a bit of extra spending money too, can't do much better than KOing a dude in like 10 seconds.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Where are the drat gifs

I want one of Frankie attempting an ankle pick by diving onto his own hip then popping to the other side, then also one of the body lock takedown

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Fighters with most UFC ring time
1. GSP, 5:28:12
2. Penn, 5:18:07
3. Edgar, 5:10:21

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

frankie is being cool as gently caress on the presser, not gonna be a baby if he doesn't get the shot, echoed the "people wanna see conor fight a wrestler" sentiment

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Frankie too classy in his presser, you are absolutely the best in the division and conor has done nothing in comparison

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

mister posted:

WE DONT PUMP OUR GAS WE PUMP OUR FISTS

Dangersim posted:

I'M SORRY I CANNOT HEAR YOU THEY ARE PUMPING THE MEGAMIX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQpJM5_3mhU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

It'd be cool if Conor somehow did KO Aldo because then Frankie would pave the way towards being another 2-division UFC champ

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

ya, ideal situation for me is conor beats siver, sparks aldo somehow and fights frankie as his first defense

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj0mLkl5W98

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

It's cool that Matt Wiman hired John Malkovich to stand in for him at this press conference.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i hope edson becomes the klitschko of mmma lightweight, chinny, but with a style that negates it

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Bluedeanie posted:

It's cool that Matt Wiman hired John Malkovich to stand in for him at this press conference.

who the gently caress is that guy

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

who the gently caress is that guy

holy poo poo it's him i'm an idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

well if he became the best wrestler ever that might help but i think barboza would still have trouble with anybody who could move forward and throw volume at him.

His defense did look better tonight though.

• Locked thread