Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

I just want Eddie Edwards to be free

oatgan posted:

i always make a point to say this when he comes up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Looks like TNA isn't dead and Shave Seltzer is once again a fraud

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
TNA for October is Broke For Glory

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

goddamn I love this dysfunctional company

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

TNA on PBS. Made possible by viewer's like you.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TNA finds a way

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

is Robby the Brain a reliable scoopsmith? someone on reddit compared him to rovert so i will go ahead and assume he is infallible and trust Robby's scoops that WWE have bought TNA and agreed to still air BfG

https://twitter.com/RobbyTheBrain/status/781989021497094146
https://twitter.com/RobbyTheBrain/status/782007202043273218

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Aye Doc posted:

is Robby the Brain a reliable scoopsmith? someone on reddit compared him to rovert so i will go ahead and assume he is infallible and trust Robby's scoops that WWE have bought TNA and agreed to still air BfG

The Bobby Heenan scoop gimmick account is totally legit.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He was one of the first saying Rhodes and Sandow were going to TNA, although Rhodes wasn't that big a surprise after the Dave BOLA talk

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Maybe if his name were Trebor

Wait a minute, holy poo poo.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

exploding mummy posted:

The Bobby Heenan scoop gimmick account is totally legit.

bobby heenan gimmick accounts have never led me astray before

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

DM Punk posted:

All the wrestlers I know and talk to regularly enjoy the company and love working there.

Yeah but they also have shoot jobs and panhandle their internet followers

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I'm now picturing an infomercial.
Songbird by Fleetwood Mac is playing.
The camera pans over Knockouts working at Sunglass hut, images of broken necks and unpaid bills, and finally, Kurt Angle.
Dixie is on the screen.
For the cost of just one Little Ceaser's Pizza a day, you can sponsor a destitute TNA Wrestler and help keep the cameras rolling.

vvv Even better! vvv

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Oct 1, 2016

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

remusclaw posted:

I'm now picturing an infomercial.
Songbird by Fleetwood Mac is playing.
The camera pans over Knockouts working at Sunglass hut, images of broken necks and unpaid bills, and finally, Kurt Angle.
Dixie is on the screen.
For the cost of just one Little Ceaser's Pizza a day, you can sponsor a destitute TNA Wrestler and help keep the cameras rolling.

Close, it's actually the Pumpkins cover of Landslide

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Aye Doc posted:

2 scoops of raisin brain?!

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

I hope WWE agreed to pay for Bound for Glory on the condition that Cody has to wrestle as Stardust

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahaha they're going to buy it and air Bound For Glory only on the network to get the Mecca tards to have to sign up

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
If I were WWE I would buy TNA and keep it going just so your product looks better comparatively

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

Hahaha they're going to buy it and air Bound For Glory only on the network to get the Mecca tards to have to sign up

Oh my god that would be the greatest thing ever!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

This has always been about Dixie's ago, so she probably agreed to sell for a song in exchange for her having her own Shane Shows up on Nitro moment.

So who'll it be? Steph?

Then Dixie can say she took it to Vince just as much as Eric and Turner did and go out with what she thinks is dignity.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mel Mudkiper posted:

If I were WWE I would buy TNA and keep it going just so your product looks better comparatively

if they kept TNA running on the POPtv deal, would NBC object?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

LividLiquid posted:

This has always been about Dixie's ago, so she probably agreed to sell for a song in exchange for her having her own Shane Shows up on Nitro moment.

So who'll it be? Steph?

Then Dixie can say she took it to Vince just as much as Eric and Turner did and go out with what she thinks is dignity.

Vince should just send Jerry McDevitt or some mid level employee.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

They should send Christian.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

sportsgenius86 posted:

I imagine most Mecca-ites don't pay to watch TNA in the first place, and would have streamed the thing regardless

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

coconono posted:

if they kept TNA running on the POPtv deal, would NBC object?

As long as they didn't brand it as WWE, I can't see why they would. It would effectively be like any other production company producing something for more than one station.

FCW was still a thing when they were with USA for example. If they threw the WWE name all over it then maybe.

That said I see no reason why they would keep it running.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

sportsgenius86 posted:

Yeah, it wouldn't get a lot, but there would still be a few breakdowns

I'd sure giggle

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

But Dixie's latest tweets also make it seem that the TV tapings are go?

https://twitter.com/TNADixie/status/781972141398974468
https://twitter.com/TNADixie/status/781972199330676738

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Sounds like all he knows is that it's been sold to the WWE but doesn't know who is funding the tapings or why the WWE may be funding it.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Talent are under the impression the tv tapings are going ahead.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
TNA will outlive us all. Long after WWE has passed into dust, TNA will roll on. After the nuclear apocalypse, the cockroaches will still be working TNA shows. After the heat death of the universe, one lonely escape pod will somehow survive, floating out in an endless void, and in it some hideous mutated life beyond our current comprehension will be doing a TNA PPV.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

StarkRavingMad posted:

TNA will outlive us all. Long after WWE has passed into dust, TNA will roll on. After the nuclear apocalypse, the cockroaches will still be working TNA shows. After the heat death of the universe, one lonely escape pod will somehow survive, floating out in an endless void, and in it some hideous mutated life beyond our current comprehension will be doing a TNA PPV.

I'm no Josh Mathews fan, but that's a little harsh

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

achillesforever6 posted:

I just want Eddie Edwards to be free

It's too late for a DojoBros reunion and for that I hope Dixie Carter burns in hell forever

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Grozz Nuy posted:

It's too late for a DojoBros reunion and for that I hope Dixie Carter burns in hell forever

Just wait til next year when a string of unseen backstage chop attacks terrorize nxt

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Sub Rosa posted:

But Dixie's latest tweets also make it seem that the TV tapings are go?

https://twitter.com/TNADixie/status/781972141398974468

because they are the last tapings ever

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

StarkRavingMad posted:

TNA will outlive us all. Long after WWE has passed into dust, TNA will roll on. After the nuclear apocalypse, the cockroaches will still be working TNA shows. After the heat death of the universe, one lonely escape pod will somehow survive, floating out in an endless void, and in it some hideous mutated life beyond our current comprehension will be signing Bram to a multi-year contract

FTFY

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Well he will carry the brand into the future. No one specified how far into the future that would be.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
a bunch of twitter nobodies keep chiming up about TNA being bought and people believe them because????

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

coconono posted:

I would pay money to watch EC3 and Bonn Lashley make gently caress in the six sides of steel. You know what to do, Brazzers.

Same except lashley is u and ec3 is me

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Gathering so that means JCW is coming into save TNA right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i bought tna

• Locked thread