Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Hangman vs Claudio 27 46.55%
8 Man Tag 0 0%
Sammy vs Ricky 2 3.45%
8 Woman Tag 5 8.62%
Roddy vs Bryan 1 1.72%
a pretty standard brawl of a main event 23 39.66%
Total: 58 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

they can do a cinematic match where he flings Darby off/through various objects as a testimonial, assuming he doesn’t die up a mountain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

DLC Inc posted:

https://x.com/RealJackCassidy/status/1747707241338126642?s=20

Feel like it’s over for him honestly, has had so many health issues. Double knee surgery is pretty rough.

I know he was eloquent on the mic at times, and carried that over to his socials. Does it seems like a manager or commentator gig could be viable path for Keith, if he did need to step back from active in-ring participation?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I saw him wrestle some local guy and while the crowd was chanting “*local guy* sucks” after a huge chop Keith Lee yelled “it don’t feel like he sucks” which was lol.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Keith will be back.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i think he could easily come back as a manager. he's a good talker and looks cool

That would be a great way for him to overshadow nearly anyone he was managing

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

loved this line from the house man

"In a post on a private social media account that Haus of Wrestling was asked not to share, Lee gave the following update on his condition."

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I feel bad that most of the NXT Castaway class of Lee/Andrade/Malakai/Cole had a fuckload of stumbles and injuries but a lot of that signing timeline was rectified in the next group of guys I.e. Swerve/Switch/RUSH/Ospreay. A lot of people have mentioned that 2023 felt like a holding pattern / wasted time for a lot of guys but 2024 feels like poo poo will be more solid with that latter crop of wrestlers.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1747717225266782459

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DLC Inc posted:

I feel bad that most of the NXT Castaway class of Lee/Andrade/Malakai/Cole had a fuckload of stumbles and injuries but a lot of that signing timeline was rectified in the next group of guys I.e. Swerve/Switch/RUSH/Ospreay. A lot of people have mentioned that 2023 felt like a holding pattern / wasted time for a lot of guys but 2024 feels like poo poo will be more solid with that latter crop of wrestlers.

Keith Lee and Swerve signed at basically the same time, in fact they were a tag team and had a very cool run.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
I'm not even going to watch if there's no JR preview

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Dragonshirt posted:

I'm not even going to watch if there's no JR preview

Boom boom that fuckingloser ChristianCage goes one on one with thin BlackReign, this TNA rematch makes me pine for a Rat on a Pole where the rat is that bucktoothed Nick Wayne by his undies.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

samoa joe vs hook will be commercial free

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

yea ok posted:

This is all because that one goon asked if Hook had ever wrestled a match that went through a commercial break

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Thank you, Suicide Squad. Available Jan 30th!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Paying2Lurk posted:

Thank you, Suicide Squad. Available Jan 30th!

i will be preordering it if the match is > 8.0 on cagematch

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

yea ok posted:

30 second squash :hai:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Dustin getting a title shot after losing at the pape is ehhhh but he usually has good matches at least

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010

kalensc posted:

I know he was eloquent on the mic at times, and carried that over to his socials. Does it seems like a manager or commentator gig could be viable path for Keith, if he did need to step back from active in-ring participation?

Isn't this what Vince wanted originally lol

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Vince hated his way of speaking because it's not how a large monster man speaks. so he wanted Adam Cole to speak for him

Vince also hated how Brodie Lee spoke and wouldn't let him

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

https://x.com/RealJackCassidy/status/1747707241338126642?s=20

Feel like it’s over for him honestly, has had so many health issues. Double knee surgery is pretty rough.

If Keith Lee can't wrestle I hope he breaks into the voice acting business and does some good dubbing for big imposing anime dudes. :colbert:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

dromal phrenia posted:

This isn't a dig at you specifically but it's really funny how often there are AEW criticisms where the critic either forgot that something happened or thinks something happened that didn't. It feels like a regular occurrence.

There's plenty to criticize about AEW but every week has someone going "They should have done this" and told that they did, in fact it just happened last show, and then go "I FORGOT <:mad:>"

The funny thing is I literally watched the match yesterday, as I keep falling behind on shows. I dunno. I think Dustin was maybe in a TNT Contender Battle Royale? All of the thrown together matches with very little feud behind them just run together. A lot of them have cool spots but just wash over me and disappear from my mind almost immediately after I’m done watching them. And that’s pretty much the entirety of the midcard right now.

The only things going on right now that are really hitting for me are Joe/Hangman/Swerve, the Sting stuff and whatever Christian is up to. They’ve just fumbled so many people that were hot like OC, the Callis Family and Jay White to where they’re still over but also just feel like they’re treading water. Hopefully they put the united trios on BCC. Let these guys cook while they’re still hot instead of stop-starting everyone and trusting they’ll feel like stars when you reheat them months later.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Kukash posted:

Isn't this what Vince wanted originally lol

The plan was for Adam Cole to manage him, iirc.

Anyway, I don't know if you could make him a manager without having him stand very far from the ring, but at minimum I feel like he could transition to backstage interviewer pretty easily.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jiro posted:

If Keith Lee can't wrestle I hope he breaks into the voice acting business and does some good dubbing for big imposing anime dudes. :colbert:

There really should be a better pipeline for uniting “dudes with fantastic voices” and “voiceover work”

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

https://twitter.com/tonykhan/status/1747723783266357521

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
YouTubeTVcels in the mud.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bryan Alvarez reportedly "mask-off mad"

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Bryan Alvarez reportedly "mask-off mad"

lol

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

As first reported by me, thanks for the credit TK you aggregator punk

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

History Comes Inside! posted:

I saw him wrestle some local guy and while the crowd was chanting “*local guy* sucks” after a huge chop Keith Lee yelled “it don’t feel like he sucks” which was lol.

Reminds me of Action Andretti vs. Jericho with the loud "LET'S GO JOBBER! *clap* *clap* *clapclapclap*" chants.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yea ok posted:

loved this line from the house man

"In a post on a private social media account that Haus of Wrestling was asked not to share, Lee gave the following update on his condition."

what a little weasel lol

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Almost lame enough to be good.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

keith lee will come back better than ever

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Kennel posted:

lmfao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/ShopAEW/status/1747695939031122331?s=20

Animale
Sep 30, 2009

A Fancy Hat posted:

Roughly two years ago today was the Dynamite where Cody did that weird ladder promo dunking on WWE and seemingly setting up a program with Punk. This was also the episode where Moxley returned from getting sober and told that one guy in the crowd to gently caress off.

Will we hit those heights tonight???

I was at that show!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Lurks With Wolves posted:

The plan was for Adam Cole to manage him, iirc.

Anyway, I don't know if you could make him a manager without having him stand very far from the ring, but at minimum I feel like he could transition to backstage interviewer pretty easily.

I'm just picturing Keith Lee being the foil to a bunch of Stokely's schemes and cracking up imagining Stokely's reactions.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I've always wondered what the BCC dudes' fursonas were

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Kennel posted:

yeah man I remember Happy Tree Friends too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus