Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

NeverHelm posted:

...So does that mean you think those comments are scummy? I'm having a little difficulty parsing you here.

At the time, TMor's comments about Wind made me raise my eyebrows because I thought Wind was scum then. And it seemed like a pretty blatantly different interpretation than mine of Wind's meta. But now I don't think Wind is scum and am sort of conceding that people can just have differing impressions of other people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Pmuzz

scum get fakeclaims

there's no way that scum haven't got enough info to lie about this

How are you so sure? :goofy:

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Pmuzz

scum get fakeclaims

wologar posted:

Uhh.. Yeah. How would you know that?

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Pmuzz

scum get fakeclaims

Do they always? I've never played a Josef game but I feel like when I've been scum I've only gotten fakeclaims some of the time

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
Also interesting to assume that a scum would lie and say they're on Team Jesus. Do you then also think Jesus is Town?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Pmuzz

scum get fakeclaims

This reminds me of the time I was scum and town talked about how the OP clearly said scum were given fakeclaims and it took all my energy to keep myself from posting "No we didn't."

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

wologar posted:

If this isn't a joke be honest with me: Do you believe that a flavor massclaim would box in scum? I'm cool going first, I'm the troupe of dancing hippies seen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOMgCUcmJkI backing up Simon Zealote.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

PhantomMuzzles posted:

Also interesting to assume that a scum would lie and say they're on Team Jesus. Do you then also think Jesus is Town?

Given Wind's claim about being a flavor Jesus impersonator? If Jesus isn't a red herring then yeah, absent more info about whatever cop is looking for Jesus who'd find Wind a red herring, I think it's more likely than not.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
There must be over fifty thousand
Iggy Meens just in this game

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
That's not really where I was going with that at least. It would also probably not box in anyone since you can post literally anything tied to the source, and if anything the consistent focus on flavor claims so far this game is a little unusual?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

To answer the question in a straightforward way, I'm pretty sure that Josef would not make the game flavor-solvable and so not give the scum some way to avoid having to come up with a fake claim out of whole cloth. But if you don't agree with that then massclaiming to go for the flavor solve seems like a solid way to wrap it up.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

If this isn't a joke be honest with me: Do you believe that a flavor massclaim would box in scum? I'm cool going first, I'm the troupe of dancing hippies seen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOMgCUcmJkI backing up Simon Zealote.

Love that face Jesus makes here "Okay... That's a lot of hippies... Smile, Jesus, smile. No sudden moves."

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Cloacamazing! posted:

There must be over fifty thousand
Iggy Meens just in this game

Neither you, clo
Nor the fifty thousand
Nor the townies
Nor the mods
Nor beet nor the thread nor the scum nor the specs nor the creators of mafia itself

Understand what voting is
Understand what dunking is
Understand at all

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

NeverHelm posted:

That's not really where I was going with that at least. It would also probably not box in anyone since you can post literally anything tied to the source, and if anything the consistent focus on flavor claims so far this game is a little unusual?

You can but it rarely goes well in my experience to try and create an entire fake flavor out of nothing. Hence many, many, many games give scum some way to blend in so that if town try to shoot for a simple way to make scum stand out like flavor, scum aren't caught off guard. That and town alignment wording are both agreed gotchas that aren't generally fair to scum to have to run the risk of running into and having their lie game defeated over not being able to mind-meld with the creator and come up with things that sound like they mesh with their aesthetic.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

If you believe that claiming to love Jesus is proof of towniness and scum don't have fakeclaims then we should all massclaim flavor and yeet the least convincing flavor player. OR we can instead acknowledge that it's probably not that simple and go back to voting over reads.

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

If you believe that claiming to love Jesus is proof of towniness and scum don't have fakeclaims then we should all massclaim flavor and yeet the least convincing flavor player. OR we can instead acknowledge that it's probably not that simple and go back to voting over reads.
Well yeah, that is what I believe and is why I'm currently voting TM.

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

The latter, I mean. Not that claiming to love Jesus is towny.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

lol

Meen, are you a bounty hunter?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

NeverHelm posted:

The latter, I mean. Not that claiming to love Jesus is towny.

I mean,

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

saladscooper (4): Cloacamazing!, wologar, wologar, wins32767, hambeet, hambeet, AnonymousNarcotics, Cloacamazing!, PhantomMuzzles, PhantomMuzzles, Opopanax, PhantomMuzzles
NeverHelm (3): wologar, wologar, WindwardAway, WindwardAway, WindwardAway, b-minus1, WindwardAway, PhantomMuzzles, Cloacamazing!, PhantomMuzzles, Ignatius M. Meen
WindwardAway (2): wologar, Your Personal Muse, Ignatius M. Meen, Ignatius M. Meen, Cloacamazing!, PhantomMuzzles, WindwardAway, Cloacamazing!, Cloacamazing!, Tsietisin, Tsietisin, Tsietisin, Tsietisin, Maerlyn, WindwardAway, wologar, PhantomMuzzles, Cloacamazing!
CubicalSucrose (1): hambeet, hambeet, wologar
PhantomMuzzles (1): saladscooper
wologar (1): WindwardAway
Tired Moritz (1): NeverHelm
Ignatius M. Meen (1): hambeet, Opopanax, Opopanax
AnonymousNarcotics (0): b-minus1, b-minus1
Cloacamazing! (0): Tsietisin, Tsietisin
hambeet (0): Ignatius M. Meen, Ignatius M. Meen
EGalz18 (0): wologar, wologar
Tsietisin (0): b-minus1, WindwardAway, b-minus1, WindwardAway
Opopanax (0): Maerlyn, Maerlyn

Not Voting (4): CubicalSucrose, EGalz18, Tired Moritz, Tsietisin

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 17th, 2024 at 4 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 11 minutes.

Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing...

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I'm fighting off the post lunch sleepies, I see we have about an hour left so I'll try to put some thoughts out.

I feel like the shift away from Wind is weird and probably based on some info I'm not privy to, and is being needlessly coy about her role

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

wologar posted:

lol

Meen, are you a bounty hunter?

If you read my further posts closely you'll see I don't actually think this is a good idea, that I think your take that it's suspicious to believe it's an extremely reasonable given that scum have fake claims is dumb, and that I'm taking the devil's advocate route to explain why. Fake claims are a proven way to evade flavor solving games and it's goofy that you're like "whaaa?" at taking it for granted that scum have them.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
48 minutes left. I'm feeling more Never than salad, how about you?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

There are games where scum don't have fake claims, sure. This might even be one of them. It's stupid to believe somebody who assumes scum have fake claims anyway is suspicious entirely on those grounds because scum pretty commonly have fake claims and get informed of town's win condition to the point that it is ridiculous to not consider it a safe assumption until its proven otherwise. If you are sure you're right anyway then vote me. I have half a mind to start up a game where all of town will have completely differently worded win conditions as a baseline.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

saladscooper (4): Cloacamazing!, wologar, wologar, wins32767, hambeet, hambeet, AnonymousNarcotics, Cloacamazing!, PhantomMuzzles, PhantomMuzzles, Opopanax, PhantomMuzzles
NeverHelm (3): wologar, wologar, WindwardAway, WindwardAway, WindwardAway, b-minus1, WindwardAway, PhantomMuzzles, Cloacamazing!, PhantomMuzzles, Ignatius M. Meen
WindwardAway (2): wologar, Your Personal Muse, Ignatius M. Meen, Ignatius M. Meen, Cloacamazing!, PhantomMuzzles, WindwardAway, Cloacamazing!, Cloacamazing!, Tsietisin, Tsietisin, Tsietisin, Tsietisin, Maerlyn, WindwardAway, wologar, PhantomMuzzles, Cloacamazing!
CubicalSucrose (1): hambeet, hambeet, wologar
PhantomMuzzles (1): saladscooper
wologar (1): WindwardAway
Tired Moritz (1): NeverHelm
Ignatius M. Meen (1): hambeet, Opopanax, Opopanax
AnonymousNarcotics (0): b-minus1, b-minus1
Cloacamazing! (0): Tsietisin, Tsietisin
hambeet (0): Ignatius M. Meen, Ignatius M. Meen
EGalz18 (0): wologar, wologar
Tsietisin (0): b-minus1, WindwardAway, b-minus1, WindwardAway
Opopanax (0): Maerlyn, Maerlyn

Not Voting (4): CubicalSucrose, EGalz18, Tired Moritz, Tsietisin

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 17th, 2024 at 4 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 43 minutes.

Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing...

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
What if we just no lunch

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Actually that’s prolly a bad idea

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Im here. Not a fan of people pushing me when I'm normally asleep now...

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I would definitely vote egalz. They definitely have a scum lurker tell.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Who's pushing you?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Neverhelm? It's just a few posts up there

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
That's a single player, and one of the likelier elimination targets today. That's hardly being pushed.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Cloacamazing! posted:

48 minutes left. I'm feeling more Never than salad, how about you?

Never? Never. Salad? Salad.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

There are games where scum don't have fake claims, sure. This might even be one of them. It's stupid to believe somebody who assumes scum have fake claims anyway is suspicious entirely on those grounds because scum pretty commonly have fake claims and get informed of town's win condition to the point that it is ridiculous to not consider it a safe assumption until its proven otherwise. If you are sure you're right anyway then vote me. I have half a mind to start up a game where all of town will have completely differently worded win conditions as a baseline.

I never give out fakeclaims, so :v:

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
Let's all vote Salad

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Eat your veggies, wol!

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
I had IKEA pea protein balls for lunch. That's basically a salad

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Cloacamazing! posted:

Eat your veggies, wol!

Ok.

##vore##vote salad

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Tbh all the people on salad aren't the most convincing...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

What's the case on salad?