Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret
The biggest plus about cloth diapers is getting to use the cloth diapers for wiping up spills or washing the car after kids are potty trained.

Biggest minus is infinite laundry before potty training is done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
my daughter poo poo diarrhea in the bathtub many times and thats cool

Votskomit
Jun 26, 2013
Mine is really good at not making GBS threads or pissing.

Unfortunately, that means the daycare is concerned now because she never shits there, and rarely pees.

Hoping it's nothing serious.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

We've already had two bathtime poops and we're not even to the two year mark!

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
for us we had about 3-4 bathtub poops but they stopped around 2 years once interest in the potty was piqued.

unfortunately now she only poops in the middle of the night. not sure when we can turn the page on this poop saga and get to normal pooping hours

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

notaspy posted:

Cloth nappies are the one if you don't want to deal with poonami's.

You will see some poo poo though.

Can confirm that I have seen some poo poo.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Votskomit posted:

Mine is really good at not making GBS threads or pissing.

Unfortunately, that means the daycare is concerned now because she never shits there, and rarely pees.

Hoping it's nothing serious.

4yo never shits at preschool because the teachers wear gloves to wipe and he doesn't like that

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mustached Demon posted:

4yo never shits at preschool because the teachers wear gloves to wipe and he doesn't like that

he's right

bad vibes

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
White gloved making GBS threads serviced

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Dreylad posted:

for us we had about 3-4 bathtub poops but they stopped around 2 years once interest in the potty was piqued.

unfortunately now she only poops in the middle of the night. not sure when we can turn the page on this poop saga and get to normal pooping hours

my son spent so much time holding in his poop until bedtime when i would put a diaper on him that he is still pooping right before bed. and its like come on man im exhausted i dont wanna wipe your butt!!! still its much easier than cleaning up after a poopy diaper.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
My favorite thing that happened at my daughter's birthday party last month was that she wanted to poo poo in the little potty in the living room, while 15 people were in the living room. I WANT TO POOP WHERE THE PEOPLE ARE! she yelled and melted down.

Glad I am raising a confident daughter.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
I want to poop where the people are.
I want to see, want to see them sniffing

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
*uses magical trident to destroy Elmo potty*

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

External Organs posted:

My favorite thing that happened at my daughter's birthday party last month was that she wanted to poo poo in the little potty in the living room, while 15 people were in the living room. I WANT TO POOP WHERE THE PEOPLE ARE! she yelled and melted down.

I mean, would you deny her this on her birthday

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

External Organs posted:

I WANT TO POOP WHERE THE PEOPLE ARE! she yelled and melted down.

Born for posting

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Microplastics posted:

Can confirm that I have seen some poo poo.

s a m e

cloth diapers are great, but i have seen & cleaned some poo poo.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Armacham posted:

I want to poop where the people are.
I want to see, want to see them sniffing

up where there's logs
up where there's runs
up where they desiccate in the suuuun

Votskomit
Jun 26, 2013
My daughter calls watermelons "mamma mia!"

And every time she yells mamma mia, it takes everything in me not to yell "Pappa pia! I got the diahrrreeeeeeeaaaaaa"

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
anyone else's kid refer to themselves as "you" instead of "me" because they're just mimicking what other people refer to them as?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Dreylad posted:

anyone else's kid refer to themselves as "you" instead of "me" because they're just mimicking what other people refer to them as?

"I did it my very own self" is a common thing kid says and I love it every time

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Dreylad posted:

Our 22 month old has never even come close to alluding to her name or a first-person pronoun and only talks in the third person as "baby."

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Votskomit posted:

My daughter calls watermelons "mamma mia!"

And every time she yells mamma mia, it takes everything in me not to yell "Pappa pia! I got the diahrrreeeeeeeaaaaaa"

Lol show it to her

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

my daughter is capable of saying the word dada (she has done it before!) but like 80 percent of the time i ask her to say dada she just says mama. i think shes loving with me on purpose. she also like to point to her hair and go "eyes? eyes?"

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

lobster shirt posted:

my daughter is capable of saying the word dada (she has done it before!) but like 80 percent of the time i ask her to say dada she just says mama. i think shes loving with me on purpose. she also like to point to her hair and go "eyes? eyes?"

lol get her an account

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Chad Sexington posted:

Our 22 month old has never even come close to alluding to her name or a first-person pronoun and only talks in the third person as "baby."

Same, my boy just say his own name like a pokemon

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

Toddler occasionally calls me "ba", but there is no word for mother or brother. He knows "book" and is currently working on "oatmeal". Not a lot of other words yet, but he knows how to get what he wants by pointing and screaming.

Also, this is the end of day one of seven of being single dad with toddler. So far so good, I'm trying not to mention mom.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

BonHair posted:

Also, this is the end of day one of seven of being single dad with toddler. So far so good, I'm trying not to mention mom.
The first time my wife went on a trip was tough on the older kid as a toddler, lots of crying into the night. Good luck!

It was very nice when they were reunited, the kid was visibly happily overwhelmed. Maybe something to look forward to.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i always liked 'dadmom' or 'momdad' but as she gets older its become much more rare

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

Dreylad posted:

not quite the same thing, but my daughter sometimes refers to her mom as 'me' ('i wanna read a book with me'!)

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

External Organs posted:

"I did it my very own self" is a common thing kid says and I love it every time

I get a lot of "I DID ITS!!!" from my kid and he's so drat proud

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Toddler figured out around age 1 that clapping was appropriate applause for doing something impressive. So he applauded himself a lot. Fit the square peg in the square hole? That's a clap. And so forth.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

BonHair posted:

Toddler figured out around age 1 that clapping was appropriate applause for doing something impressive. So he applauded himself a lot. Fit the square peg in the square hole? That's a clap. And so forth.

he's right

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

tristeham posted:

he's right

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

tristeham posted:

he's right

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
honestly enjoying the period where applause is sufficient reward for doing our desired behaviors

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Chad Sexington posted:

honestly enjoying the period where applause is sufficient reward for doing our desired behaviors

nice av/post combo bro :golfclap:

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Brandon Proust posted:

not quite the same thing, but my daughter sometimes refers to her mom as 'me' ('i wanna read a book with me'!)

This is why one of my kids grandmas is called "meme" forever now.

My daughter referred to herself as "you" for a bit when she was two, I think that's a pretty common confusion

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

BonHair posted:

Lol my kid did this too. Now sometimes she'll do a thing, wait for praise, and if she doesn't get it she just goes "Great job (name)!" the same way we say it

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

BonHair posted:

yep same here. it rules. give yourself a round of applause kiddo, those stuffies are arranged perfectly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
My son has taken to pouring his own drinks and he's a big fan of a deep pour that just hits the top of the cup before he pulls it back.

Kids are insane.