Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Had no idea Virgil was working for Columbia all this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

im listening to the audiobook of chicano frankenstein and its one of the most npr brained pieces of media I've subjected my to

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Yea why would you?

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Wolfsheim posted:

These protests are cray-see

ozemBic

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This feels like an early Chapo episode just based on the sound quality

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I guess they couldn't go with the grim reality of the creator of sea monkeys, but making him a nazi scientist is a weird bit.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Just finished the movie. It's a Tim and Eric-level absurd shaggy dog story told to a literal child to keep him staying put till his parents can come pick him up and prevent him from running away. The kid had a knife, he'd probably be fine.

This is a movie for children, with references to 60's stuff for the adults.

You could say even if it's a weird movie, Unfrosted was kinda sweet.

Now subscribe to my Patreon.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

I'm pushing 40 and I think my senior age parents are even too young to be nostalgic about the stuff referenced in that movie

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

jay from RLM said it wasn't anything worth hating, so i think he was calling Will a pussy

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
They seem to be reading way to far into this movie

I wouldn't have seen it one way or another but this was really tedious by the end of the hour

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I didn't mind it, because Seinfeld is an odious Zionist freak, and also I will never watch a frame of the movie, so it passed the time.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
There's a lot to dislike about Jerry Seinfeld but that he's contemptuous of other successful artists isn't something I've ever heard outside this episode. Wonder if they got that purely from the movie.

He definitely belongs in the same bracket as Ricky Gervais and Matt Groening as a mediocre talent who soaked up most of the adulation for a beloved collaborative effort then got exposed through crappier output.

snoremac fucked around with this message at 03:09 on May 19, 2024

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
I'd assume the contempt is coming from his recent rant. Insisting that there aren't any good new comedies comes off as kind of an insult against a lot of new and current comedians, even if none of them probably care.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

I'd assume the contempt is coming from his recent rant. Insisting that there aren't any good new comedies comes off as kind of an insult against a lot of new and current comedians, even if none of them probably care.
Oh right. There's a ton of funny comedians out there but none making movies (though plenty on TV), which is a problem with the movie industry. I'm sure Jerry blame it on the woke youth though.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

snoremac posted:

Oh right. There's a ton of funny comedians out there but none making movies (though plenty on TV), which is a problem with the movie industry. I'm sure Jerry blame it on the woke youth though.

Yeah, literally that. He made some perfectly fine observations about how it sucks that there aren't as many comedy movies or regular comedy shows and then proceeded to blame it all on PC culture keeping anyone from being funny now. Never again would they reach the lofty heights of Kramer putting rickshaws on homeless people.

People focused on dunking on that dumb part, but I saw a few point out how the interview was kind of weirdly bitter and he seemed to be insisting that there just wasn't good comedy anymore which is a roundabout way of saying that all comedy shows on right now suck (even if he just meant "new" ones, it's a fairly wide net). Which after Unfrosted, lol. I don't think anyone important gave a poo poo but it was funny and made him seem even more old and bitter than usual.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Yeah, literally that. He made some perfectly fine observations about how it sucks that there aren't as many comedy movies or regular comedy shows and then proceeded to blame it all on PC culture keeping anyone from being funny now. Never again would they reach the lofty heights of Kramer putting rickshaws on homeless people.

People focused on dunking on that dumb part, but I saw a few point out how the interview was kind of weirdly bitter and he seemed to be insisting that there just wasn't good comedy anymore which is a roundabout way of saying that all comedy shows on right now suck (even if he just meant "new" ones, it's a fairly wide net). Which after Unfrosted, lol. I don't think anyone important gave a poo poo but it was funny and made him seem even more old and bitter than usual.

It wasn't just the one rant though. He's been doing this shtick for years. I remember an old ep of Chapo where they talked about him crying about woke because he couldn't get laughs at a college campus show. (I only remember this because Amber brings up that coffee show he had where he had a mixed race comedian on and said "You're like an exotic bird" and had a laugh about it). The last 20 years of his career have been him learning he wasn't even the 4th funniest person on his famously funny show and seething that he can't get a laugh anymore,

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

All the funny parts of Seinfeld were Larry David by way of Jason Alexander being a genius comic actor.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I mean, he does have a point, if you tell a bad joke people are gonna be real unpleasant about it and never, ever let it go because that's praxis.

Maoist struggle seshes are the bee's knees.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I mean, he does have a point, if you tell a bad joke people are gonna be real unpleasant about it and never, ever let it go because that's praxis.

Maoist struggle seshes are the bee's knees.

You seem stupid as hell

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

well why not posted:

All the funny parts of Seinfeld were Larry David by way of Jason Alexander being a genius comic actor.

Yeah, too many to list but this one always kills me

https://youtu.be/HEMWMsy0DgU?feature=shared

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Jerry Seinfeld was never funny has a comedian. He was funny as a freak in a freak show. He didn't tell jokes. He was the joke. There's a reason the character was just named "Jerry Seinfeld".

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

"My character is two-dimensional, vapid, banal and also I'm him irl."

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

As Nick Mullen correctly pointed out, Jerry's contribution to "Seinfeld" was sitting there, with his mouth hanging open, waiting for his turn to talk

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

his character can effortlessly draw peals of laughter from any audience, but it doesn't always happen in real life and that upsets him

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

what's the funniest thing he actually did on the show? "and you want to be my latex salesman"? george stole that scene anyway

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Bar Crow posted:

Jerry Seinfeld was never funny has a comedian. He was funny as a freak in a freak show. He didn't tell jokes. He was the joke. There's a reason the character was just named "Jerry Seinfeld".

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

i say swears online posted:

what's the funniest thing he actually did on the show? "and you want to be my latex salesman"? george stole that scene anyway

Stealing the marble rye.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Wearing the puffy shirt? It's a short list.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!
"...Mulva?"

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Bar Crow posted:

:hmmyes:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

I really like the running joke of one of the gang ringing Jerry's phone, let's say George rings up in a panic and unloads his issue, and then Jerry pauses with a poo poo eating grin and says "...Who is this?" . It's simple but I lol'ed every time

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I prefered Martin and other UPN products thank you very much

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

when he went to his barber

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

15 years ago Jerry Seinfeld had a bit that went "Kids are on their phones too much these days, swiping like a gay french king" bit that didn't get any laughs, and instead of considering it a missed joke went on a media tour about how you can't tell the jokes you used to.

With this it's kind of the same thing, it's basic observational humor told really badly and doesn't land, not in any real offensive way but just in a way that doesn't get laughs, and it's treated like everyone is too woke to be funny rather than it be on the person telling the bit.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Jerry had the best ensemble ever to work with but he did well enough on Seinfeld. It's not like there's a Jerry B-plot and I ever think "oh no a Jerry plot", usually because again he's working with great co-leads and guest stars. I like when him and Kramer trade apartments because of the neon lighting from the chicken place and he turns into Kramer.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Just as a reminder, this is the woman who turned all replies off on her Tweets because she got tired of people tweeting ‘Eve Fartlow’ at her

https://twitter.com/erikhane/status/1792003621279695241?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Batman goes to balls all the time as Bruce Wayne

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I still don't understand how he got away with dating a high school student in his forties.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Joementum posted:

I still don't understand how he got away with dating a high school student in his forties.

Money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Batman famously lives in a cave.