Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.
I think lego probably wants to suss out the volume and the kind of demand there is for zelda sets and maybe this deku tree helps?. obviously there are many set concepts that they could do, but they prefer, all other things equal, to make stuff people buy.

seems like the deku tree is iconic, should have an organic-y plant-y vibe, and... from a middle-to-late period of zelda, instead of something that really aims to milk nostalgia for earlier IP. I'd be throwing my money at them for something that looked cool and like an actual part of LttP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

mutata posted:

Hmm. And yet, Architecture seems like one of the least value Lego themes. I don't really care for the price-per-piece thing Lego fans do. Lego doesn't hold at all to it, and can't, so it's odd that Lego customers justify $150 for a set that might have a lot of individual bits, but it's tiny.

Just look at Botanicals where they just have you dump 200 single studs into a Lego box at the end.

The old architecture sets were this way but the ones for the past few years where they focus on a historical building really haven't been. The sets are pretty sizeable when you put them together.
Also imo easily some of the best looking Lego's ever made which helps. Scale historical buildings are just the perfect use for Lego bricks.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
It’s a bad metric but it’s the best one we’ve got damnit!

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Butterfly Valley posted:

I'm imagining a midi scale sword that fits into a scabbard behind the shield and it looks cool in my brain

Oh, yeah. Sword+Shield like 10"x10" would be cool.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I've never been a huge fan of the Mon Cal ships, but they do have something in spades that keeps me from buying the refreshed UCS ISD - I want the damned thing to look war-used with differently-shaded armor colors, and the MC80s definitely have that quality to them.

Every large-scale ISD they've made looks "fresh from the yard" and it just feels boring.

Hahaha sorry forgot I was gonna work on the Mon Cal till earlier, no big changes just swapping out pieces for tan/sand still massaging it with ~*Aesthetics*~, I forgot how I had the smaller front tower set up so still gonna work on that. Mottling the colors in LEGO at this scale doesn’t really work so just went with best fit from the bin.

What I came up with

If I had enough of the right pieces I’d prolly swap 80% of the white to light grey, but hey run what ya brung

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 06:19 on May 9, 2024

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

a sexual elk posted:

Hahaha sorry forgot I was gonna work on the Mon Cal till earlier, no big changes just swapping out pieces for tan/sand still massaging it, I forgot how I had the smaller front tower set up so still gonna work on that. Mottling the colors in LEGO at this scale doesn’t really work so just went with best fit from the bin.

What I came up with

If I had enough of the right pieces I’d prolly swap 80% of the white to light grey, but hey run what ya brung

I already like it more than the Invisible Hand.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I already like it more than the Invisible Hand.

Thanks haha did my best, but thanks for the idea. Gave me a new project to goof on

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Make minifigure-scale Ocarina of Time Water Temple, you cowards.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

They should make the windwaker boat and wolf link

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

a sexual elk posted:

Hahaha sorry forgot I was gonna work on the Mon Cal till earlier, no big changes just swapping out pieces for tan/sand still massaging it with ~*Aesthetics*~, I forgot how I had the smaller front tower set up so still gonna work on that. Mottling the colors in LEGO at this scale doesn’t really work so just went with best fit from the bin.

What I came up with

You nailed a lot of elements but it still looks like the invisible hand.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Dogen posted:

It’s a bad metric but it’s the best one we’ve got damnit!

This is why one side of the falcon uses a snot brick and the other uses a technic bric with half pins. Why have one brick when you can do it with 3?

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

You nailed a lot of elements but it still looks like the invisible hand.

Quarren Trash!!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Looks pretty cool.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Sound brick?? Almost wish there was an actual am/fm receiver in there

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Which one of you was this

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm glad his lego got destroyed

I hope it all went in the bin

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Boyfriend is a piece of poo poo.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Teddy Bear made him do it. It was mind controlling him.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Infinitum posted:

I'm glad his lego got destroyed

I hope it all went in the bin

Give me the address though so I can go pick the pieces out of the lawn.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
A better and more insidious move would have been to sneak into his room while he was out and kragle the hell out of all his builds, but what she did works, too.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Waltzing Along posted:

Looks pretty cool.

Kinda cool but I wish they saved the 20 bucks and threw out the sound brick, also this version was way better

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Giving him a week was pretty generous.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Selling my Razor Crest if anyone is interested... https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4060414

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

bird with big dick posted:

Which one of you was this

If that story were true then fine but like do such incredibly stupid self defeating people exist irl? I've witnessed at extremely close range abusive relationships so I'm well aware of the depths of shittiness to which people can sink but throwing away your partner's sentimental dead grandma bear and then watching them search for it in anguish is such a cartoonishly evil and illogical thing to do if you're not actively trying to mentally torture someone and also don't want to totally torpedo and upend your own living situation.

Also it would be incredibly easy to 'clear up' with the mutual friends why you'd done that and it makes no sense why you'd continue to let them think it was your fault. It reads either like total stdh made up for clicks or the writer has been in a horribly abusive relationship for 3 years and somehow hasn't noticed/rationalised away all the rest of the abusive behaviour

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 19:23 on May 9, 2024

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Pretty sure it’s the second thing but who knows. I’ve known some lovely people.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Waltzing Along posted:

Looks pretty cool.
Oh, neat. Pricey (likely due to the sound brick) but I like the colors chosen a lot. That's gotta be a Chris McVeigh, right? It looks like it has the same moveable needle mechanism as his 70's Radio.

edit: jfc that model is 9 years old already

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play

Waltzing Along posted:

Looks pretty cool.

It's very cute if you imagine the knobs are its eyes and the little black slot below them is its mouth :3:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

and two little grey arms holding a lego badge over their heart

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Carbohydrates posted:

Oh, neat. Pricey (likely due to the sound brick) but I like the colors chosen a lot. That's gotta be a Chris McVeigh, right? It looks like it has the same moveable needle mechanism as his 70's Radio.

edit: jfc that model is 9 years old already

Wb

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
How does that radio work? It says something about a sound brick but you also put your phone inside it? The video shows them turning the dial and then the audio changes, is that a real feature or just artistic license with the promotional video? Do you just put your phone inside it, play a song and then it's like the radio is playing music?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Behold, the intersection of :shobon: and :stonk:: https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/s/kNd3EEFKc9

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Who the hell keeps boxes from that long ago, that's some hoarder poo poo.

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.

Butterfly Valley posted:

total stdh made up for clicks

stdh made up for clicks, on reddit?????

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Cojawfee posted:

How does that radio work? It says something about a sound brick but you also put your phone inside it? The video shows them turning the dial and then the audio changes, is that a real feature or just artistic license with the promotional video? Do you just put your phone inside it, play a song and then it's like the radio is playing music?

The sound brick makes the tuning sounds and snippets when you turn the dial. Or you put your phone in to make it look like it’s playing music. Two separate features.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
When are we gonna get the leak on the giant McLaren in August, dammit?

Also, I had ordered a 1:8 white Countach from Mould King for $55 a while ago. Yesterday I got an email that it was out of stock and I could have a refund and a 10% off coupon for my trouble. Went over to YWOBB and they had them in stock, with the Mould King box and everything, for $43.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Wasn't too interested in the new space stuff, but they had the boxes for €3 at the drug store and I had the app, so...

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Deus Ex Macklemore posted:

When are we gonna get the leak on the giant McLaren in August, dammit?

What kinda giant McLaren we talking about?

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.
welp, probably should not have purchased 2 of the 6-packs of space minifigs. The two boxes I got both have the same 6 variations in them: beetlezoid, Orion, imposter, M-Tron powerlifter, Blacktron mutant, and nurse android.

I guess I got somewhat lucky, as I can see using some of the pieces (Orion, imposter, nurse android) in multiples. Two pink spacebabies to go with two white and two blue spacebabies from the micro rocket launchpads. Seems like the alien tourist could also be fun in multiples.

The QR code-scanning webpages work perfectly... I'm resisting the urge to go scan at the nearest Target, for now.

prisoner of waffles fucked around with this message at 20:03 on May 10, 2024

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
There's going to be a Nazgul on Fell Beast w/ 3 minifigs GWP that comes with Barad Dur.

Having dope sets as GWPs sucks donkey balls.

:homebrew:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
I bought a set of X-Men last night and then this morning ANOTHER set dropped and I splurged on that.

Woops! I have way too many minifigs and way too many scattered parts to sort still