Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Arbite posted:

How far along was Mega Drive #3?

I think it was coming out within weeks before the bad news happened.

Anyway been enjoying the series, so I hope it continues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Amazon currently has listings for at least two upcoming issues at the moment so I assume things are continuing at least. But we’ll see I guess (Sonic comics have a history of being abruptly cancelled after all, even Fleetway stopped after the Sonic Adventure arc and went into reruns for a bit before going away entirely)

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

I think it was coming out within weeks before the bad news happened.

Anyway been enjoying the series, so I hope it continues.

:sigh: Well maybe it'll leak one day.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Arbite posted:

How far along was Mega Drive #3?

Tyson had fully drawn and inked it, and colorist Matt Herms got the news that the book was canceled right before he was gonna start working on it

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Update: The main comic’s return has now been delayed to the 29th

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The main comic is back now

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Lanolin is getting a lot of hate lately, which I find unfortunate

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Nodosaur posted:

Lanolin is getting a lot of hate lately, which I find unfortunate

Why she’s cool and has a fun design.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

MonsterEnvy posted:

She was found guilty for assault and drug trafficking.

Lemon Sundrop Dandelion is some heavy poo poo.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

MonsterEnvy posted:

I think it's probably because she yelled at Silver and Whisper (and kicked Silver off the team) for calling Mimic Duo a traitor. I mean, they're right, but she doesn't know that!

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

MonsterEnvy posted:

She's a "mean" (serious) lady, which doesn't sit well with a lot of people for a lot of reasons. Most of them not very good.

Dr. Eggman is still pretty great, isn't he? :allears:

Veotax
May 16, 2006

TwoPair posted:

I think it's probably because she yelled at Silver and Whisper (and kicked Silver off the team) for calling Mimic Duo a traitor. I mean, they're right, but she doesn't know that!

Someone posted the page from the latest issue where she kicks Sonic, Tails and Amy out of the race for causing an accident (which was caused by sabotage, but she doesn't know that), and there were people talking about how awful she is for doing so. From one page without full context, even though even with just that page it's obvious she's a race official and is kicking the gang out for apparently endangering others.

Sonic fans are insane.
There's some now trying to push the narrative that Frontiers is a worse game than Sonic 06, or even worse saying that 06 is actually good and is an underrated gem.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Veotax posted:

There's some now trying to push the narrative that Frontiers is a worse game than Sonic 06, or even worse saying that 06 is actually good and is an underrated gem.

Well, the game did come out 18 years ago - plenty of time for kids of the time to grow up and become nostalgic for their Sonic game.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Veotax posted:

Sonic fans are insane.

I can get not liking Frontiers -- the narrative and gameplay didn't appeal to me -- but I don't see how anyone could choose '06 over it unless they're just that into the Memphis Tennessee Snapcube clip.

Robot Style posted:

Well, the game did come out 18 years ago - plenty of time for kids of the time to grow up and become nostalgic for their Sonic game.

Unlikely, considering that's not enough time for it to finish loading.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Screaming Idiot posted:

I can get not liking Frontiers -- the narrative and gameplay didn't appeal to me -- but I don't see how anyone could choose '06 over it unless they're just that into the Memphis Tennessee Snapcube clip.

Honestly I think that could be it. Not that clip specifically, but now that Twitch is so huge, people that grew up with the game can watch others play, or just gameplay videos in general, or parodies, and see the game through rose-tinted glasses. Or it could be that they started liking it ironically but committed to the bit so hard it looped back around to unironically. Or both.

The point is they're not actually playing (or have never even played) 06, so of course the new game they have played recently and don't like is worse in their heads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

TwoPair posted:

Honestly I think that could be it. Not that clip specifically, but now that Twitch is so huge, people that grew up with the game can watch others play, or just gameplay videos in general, or parodies, and see the game through rose-tinted glasses. Or it could be that they started liking it ironically but committed to the bit so hard it looped back around to unironically. Or both.

The point is they're not actually playing (or have never even played) 06, so of course the new game they have played recently and don't like is worse in their heads

Well, '06 isn't without charm. If they'd been allowed to finish it then it may have been more than just a punchline to the joke of the Sonic Cycle. I know I'd prefer a good version of what '06 was trying to be over Frontiers, but I recognize I'm in the minority.