Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Yeah we tried the union thing but the reps keep getting got by the bat. Like not just regular got, he goes after their families. Kids even. Dude really fuckin' hates unions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Splicer posted:

Yeah we tried the union thing but the reps keep getting got by the bat. Like not just regular got, he goes after their families. Kids even. Dude really fuckin' hates unions.

I'd think the big villains would be against it too. Yuse think Joker wants to see his thugs in the same union with da Penguin's thugs?

How deep does this go?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

fellas it's a changing world. catwoman and talia al ghul's criwomenal ways is youtube's most watch channel in the gooning and crime category

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
The Joker put all his money into a jokerized ape. I thought it was an NFT thing, but no, he really just gave an ape a bunch of joker juice and let it loose on a circus.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

calhoun posted:

Don't waste HR's time with that, Lou

Aww come on man Stacey in hr is getting a bit of a fat rear end from doin gently caress all but I hear ya. Maybe talk to the shop steward? Gotta be something in the union bylaws I figure.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

JediTalentAgent posted:

The Joker put all his money into a jokerized ape. I thought it was an NFT thing, but no, he really just gave an ape a bunch of joker juice and let it loose on a circus.

Hey you can't just post that and not post a GothTube link to the video!!!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Confession: I have one of the Pearls the Bat seems so obsessed about.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Okay, seriously, show of hands: Who knows Batman's secret identity? Now, who here is still keeping the 'gentleman's agreement' of keepin' the Batman's secret identity a secret?

Yeah. Uh-huh.

You know what you guys, I'm prouda every last one of you! They want to tell us we''re all scumbags, but the one time we're all sitting on a pot of gold goldmine that could set us up for life, we keep our lips sealed. Yeah, the Bat might violate all our civil rights and invade our privacy, but we've got something he'll never have.

Integrity.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

so the boss is working on some new material

"I remember when crypto was superman's dog, not some fake computer currency and when gay meant happy."

I tries to tell him that joke's gonna make him seem dated, he tells me cryto currency jokes are topical

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

*sets down equipment case with a sigh*

That's the last time I try to go recruiting for the Joker at a Gathering of the Juggalos! Now I gotta go wash the stench of Faygo and cheap weed outta my uniform here... *walks off grumbling to self*

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

JediTalentAgent posted:

Okay, seriously, show of hands: Who knows Batman's secret identity? Now, who here is still keeping the 'gentleman's agreement' of keepin' the Batman's secret identity a secret?

Yeah. Uh-huh.

You know what you guys, I'm prouda every last one of you! They want to tell us we''re all scumbags, but the one time we're all sitting on a pot of gold goldmine that could set us up for life, we keep our lips sealed. Yeah, the Bat might violate all our civil rights and invade our privacy, but we've got something he'll never have.

Integrity.

I got a family to feed. Little Jenny is waking up hungry....

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

redshirt posted:

I got a family to feed. Little Jenny is waking up hungry....

And you know it like we all know it: You say that to the Bat, you WILL go to jail, but Jenny ends up with a scholarship to Gotham Academy.

Hey, you want to see something cute? I had this on my cell wall over in Blackgate: It's some bumper stickers. One says, "My child can beat up your honor roll student." It's true, too. My little Sally is totally the reason Gotham Academy won all those chess tournaments last year... Until she flew too close to the sun and beat up her own school's honor students."

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

JediTalentAgent posted:

And you know it like we all know it: You say that to the Bat, you WILL go to jail, but Jenny ends up with a scholarship to Gotham Academy.

Hey, you want to see something cute? I had this on my cell wall over in Blackgate: It's some bumper stickers. One says, "My child can beat up your honor roll student." It's true, too. My little Sally is totally the reason Gotham Academy won all those chess tournaments last year... Until she flew too close to the sun and beat up her own school's honor students."

I dont want to rock no boats. I'm just here to get a good salary to put my kid through school...

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

redshirt posted:

I dont want to rock no boats.

Don't go henching for Black Manta, then.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

JediTalentAgent posted:

Don't go henching for Black Manta, then.

I figured I'd be solidly on the land with Mr. Freeze's crew but he has me training in some deep sea operations....

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

redshirt posted:

I figured I'd be solidly on the land with Mr. Freeze's crew but he has me training in some deep sea operations....

Oh, poo poo, the upcoming 'Black Ice" supervillain war they've been hyping up on the street like it was PPV! I forgot that was coming up so soon! I've got to put in for my PTO, because I'm not going to want to be anywhere near that thing.

I don't care who wins, to be honest. It's Freeze and Black Manta. Who cares? But whenever things like this go down you know you're gonna have Batman and Aquaman getting into a fight over it, too, and I just want to be able to sit back with a bag of popcorn and a six-pack and watch that from my rooftop with a pair of binoculars.

(Team Left Shark/Team Aquaman)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

JediTalentAgent posted:

Oh, poo poo, the upcoming 'Black Ice" supervillain war they've been hyping up on the street like it was PPV! I forgot that was coming up so soon! I've got to put in for my PTO, because I'm not going to want to be anywhere near that thing.

I don't care who wins, to be honest. It's Freeze and Black Manta. Who cares? But whenever things like this go down you know you're gonna have Batman and Aquaman getting into a fight over it, too, and I just want to be able to sit back with a bag of popcorn and a six-pack and watch that from my rooftop with a pair of binoculars.

(Team Right Shark/Team Aquaman)

I ain't supposed to say nuthin, of course, but Freeze has this giant Freeze bomb that's gonna ice all the oceans over.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

according to the epstein's black book, bruce wayne's been on the lolita express more times than bill clinton. batman should really do something about that guy

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
I have a theory fellas, bear wit' me...

Okay, when this all started, how many Batses was runnin' around this town?

One. One Batman. Okay, you wit me so far? Then we got a Robin and a Batgirl and another Robin, and another Robin, and so on and so on...

So, I was doing a gig with the Clock King for a while, bein' his 'second hand man', and long story short, we travelled into the future! That's right, 40 years into the future! You know what we saw? Over a dozen different Batmen guys and gals in the future that we had to fight, plus the regular Bats from this time that followed us!

So, this got me to thinking. Batman ruined this town! He screwed up so badly that the future needs over a dozen Batmen to handle the rampant crime because he messed up the present day so badly! As we're being arrested and sent back to the present day, the Bats acts all happy and poo poo about how there are still crime fighters protecting the city and keeping the legacy of Batman alive and I'm looking at them all dumbfounded and going, "You made the mess that made them into Batmen! How is this a happy future for anyone!?"

Oh, and it turns out one of my bastard grandkids is going to grow up to be a some sort of Robin or something to redeem our family name, so when I get out of jail I'm going to have a good, long talk to my kids about condoms and safe sex to keep that from happening.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I ain't complicated. I just want loot, honest robberies for loot. That's my goal for the future Doc.

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

JediTalentAgent posted:

I have a theory fellas, bear wit' me...

Okay, when this all started, how many Batses was runnin' around this town?

One. One Batman. Okay, you wit me so far? Then we got a Robin and a Batgirl and another Robin, and another Robin, and so on and so on...

So, I was doing a gig with the Clock King for a while, bein' his 'second hand man', and long story short, we travelled into the future! That's right, 40 years into the future! You know what we saw? Over a dozen different Batmen guys and gals in the future that we had to fight, plus the regular Bats from this time that followed us!

So, this got me to thinking. Batman ruined this town! He screwed up so badly that the future needs over a dozen Batmen to handle the rampant crime because he messed up the present day so badly! As we're being arrested and sent back to the present day, the Bats acts all happy and poo poo about how there are still crime fighters protecting the city and keeping the legacy of Batman alive and I'm looking at them all dumbfounded and going, "You made the mess that made them into Batmen! How is this a happy future for anyone!?"

Oh, and it turns out one of my bastard grandkids is going to grow up to be a some sort of Robin or something to redeem our family name, so when I get out of jail I'm going to have a good, long talk to my kids about condoms and safe sex to keep that from happening.

Hey! This is Arkham Asylum not a drat drive through window. If you don't quiet down I'm going to personally come in there and beat your rear end, and then I'll tighten down that straight jacket. You hear me bud?! Shut it.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Yeah, you know how some guys fake being crazy, so they get sent to a mental hospital instead of being sent to prison? You do not wanna do that in a Gotham City courtroom and wind up getting sent to Arkham Asylum, believe me.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
I'm literally not even a thug or crazy! I had a simple problem with masturbation addiction and my doctor suggested I get treatment in a mental health facility for a few weeks to help me deal with it.

Of course, the only place in network is Arkham...

Now the Joker is telling me about 'pulling a boner' and I'm just counting the days until my in-patient treatment coverage runs out on my insurance so I can just go home.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Yeah, you know how some guys fake being crazy, so they get sent to a mental hospital instead of being sent to prison? You do not wanna do that in a Gotham City courtroom and wind up getting sent to Arkham Asylum, believe me.

I dunno, Warren came out of it nuts and with hosed up skin and no nose, but he also got brilliant with his madness like Crane and Nigma did and he ran crime for a bit across all Gotham, and he's still got a nice chunk of the pie, and since he STARTED out sane you can at least expect him to not kill you because you found the wrong pun funny or didn't answer a question or showed up with something that wasn't properly matching in 2's.

Yeah yeah, I bet you could say Joker and Riddler and Two-Face all STARTED out sane, but trust me, no one knew 'em before they were insane. But White? The "Great White Shark"? His poo poo was Mandoff years before Mandoff. EVERYONE knew who he was, they knew he was sane, and trust me, a LOT of people were PISSED that he ratfucked the system so hard that got 'let off' with an 'insanity plea'...because they don't live in Gotham, which is where Warren had to go to get that to work, and they didn't understand just how hosed White really was for what he'd done to get 'let off.'

...you know, the fact that the place where supposedly they're supposed to treat supervillains ended up turning the average corrupt business rear end in a top hat INTO a supervillain should really get considered more...man this clown gas is weird for me, I just get chatty instead of laughy...

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
I blame Metropolis.

You look across the river and you see that shining city with their superman and their tall new buildings and their well lit streets? You know what else they have?

The death penalty.

Gotham ain't executed a single criminal in years, but Metropolis does. Why do you think all the 'crazies' come to Gotham?! They know they got a revolving door on crime! Metropolis will not only execute you, but it's a known fact that they botch those executions to make the perp suffer more.

And they look down on us in Gotham...

naem
May 29, 2011

Batman don’t kill no one, he just likes punchin’.

He catches ya, it’s just PUNCH PUNCH, WHERE IS SHE??

We’s finds its best to put up a lil fight for em so’s he feels like he’s doin’ good and whatnot. Let em work ya over like. “Oh ya got me Batman!! I’m done for!”

Then he leaves ya tied up and maybe hanging from a rope and makes a dramatic exit. We just keep some guys with a cherry picker truck on call most nights ta come get our guys down.

most of our workers comp claims came from fall damage so we gives our goons a climbing harness as a parta the uniform, we just clip em to the safety line and get em right down.

really saves on our deductible.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:

Cubone posted:

he vanished! he disappeahd!

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Ya know, it's nice gooning for the Penguin. Yeah there's all the raw fish everywhere, but you know what? He's professional, he doesn't let the supervillain thing go to his head TOO much.

Now my grandpa? He used to tell me stories about gooning back in the 40s. Used to do odd-man work for Dr. Sivana. You know, the guy who looked like the scientist from Futurama? Just an absolute shitshow. He'd be soldering together parts for some weather control machine or whatever the old bastard designed and he would be shaking his fist at him and calling him a "blundering nincompoop" and poo poo all the time, and his snot-nosed kids would be hanging around the workshop chucking bolts at the back of his head and giggling cuz they knew their dad would vaporize him if he gave the little bastards a smack.

And it wasn't even for heists or "hold the world hostage" cons or whatever, he just liked designing doomsday devices for kicks. One time Captain Marvel was busy in space or some poo poo and gramps was "finally, we can rob a bank or something with all these disintegrator rays and junk," and you know what Dr Sivana did? First thing after he heard his nemesis was out of town? He just went and pulled out a regular-rear end gun he had lying around and ran out to shoot a cop. Just for fun, just to get his rocks off because nobody was gonna stop him. Think that was when gramps said "gently caress this" and went off and joined the Navy. They appreciated someone who knew his way around vacuum tubes.

And that's not the worst of it. He told me about a buddy of his who went off and joined up with Mister Mind. It was all fun and games, earthquake machines and diamond robberies, that sort of thing. Then it got weird and all full of old-timey Nazi stuff, real German-American Bund style poo poo. Made all his henchmen read the hate-propaganda memoir he wrote, "Mind Kampf." Yeah, really. He showed me the old newspaper clipping of when they finally threw the book at the little sicko for his actual no-poo poo crimes against humanity. Never saw something both as funny and messed up as that photo of a two-inch-tall caterpillar sitting in a full human-sized electric chair. They put his taxidermed body on display in the Smithsonian for a few years afterward. hosed up, right?

So yeah, working for the Penguin ain't all bad. Yes the penguin theme is stupid. But at least he's just in it for the money and the supervillain lifestyle, there's no demented spoiled little kid bully poo poo, there's no Hitler stuff. You knock over a credit union once in a while to keep the thugs in practice, you do racketeering, maybe keep the upper crust topped off on party drugs, you get your cut and you go home and shower off the fish stink. It's downright normal

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Great news! I just got promoted to the Cherry Pickah!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

*Drivin around Gotham late night, looking for brothers hanging upside down....

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

drat, I see so much suffering.

I volunteer to walk point tonight whilse youse rob the bank, while I wait for The Bat.

I got some tricks in mind for him, good luck boys.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Guys, I've been doin some work for King Tut lately, and um... did I join a cult? Like he makes us all wear loincloths and fan him with palm fronds and call him "Master" while he wears robes and crowns and stuff, and all his big crime plans involve mind control serums and poo poo? He keeps rubbing his hands together and, like, licking his lips a lot when he talks about it? Like he gets really sweaty about the prospect of it.

I'm kinda uncomfortable with this, like I get that the Joker might do mass murder once in a while, but I keep worrying that I'm gonna get roped into a pharaoh orgy with this gross gently caress

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Ever notice Egghead’s voice sounds just like that guy on Scooby Do?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Stick Jimmy lost a leg last night, they had to amputate it. He'd been hangin' theah for 3 days in an alley....

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Yeah we just got a new fella on cherry picking, he ain't so good with the machine yet

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

redshirt posted:

Stick Jimmy lost a leg last night, they had to amputate it. He'd been hangin' theah for 3 days in an alley....

This is why you carry something sharp to cut the rope...DON'T BRANDISH IT AT THE BAT, he has some nasty counter moves up his sleeve...

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
My buddy did that. Fell from a lampost and broke him real good. I did that too. Hit my head and the doctor said i can't...

I remember my buddy did that thing you said. The cut the rope thing. I think he...

My buddy did that thing you said, kept a knife to cut himself loose. I tried it once and landed on my head. When my buddy did that...

That's a good idea. I'll keep a knife in my boot to cut the rope the next time the bat ties me up. I'm going to tell my buddy to think about doing it, too.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

Yeah we just got a new fella on cherry picking, he ain't so good with the machine yet

Hey Pal I been out there every night this week, for hours. I saved 4 Goons just tonight!

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

If you see Two-Step Billy out there hanging upside down, just leave him. I hate that guy. Here’s fifty bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

JediTalentAgent posted:

My buddy did that. Fell from a lampost and broke him real good. I did that too. Hit my head and the doctor said i can't...

I remember my buddy did that thing you said. The cut the rope thing. I think he...

My buddy did that thing you said, kept a knife to cut himself loose. I tried it once and landed on my head. When my buddy did that...

That's a good idea. I'll keep a knife in my boot to cut the rope the next time the bat ties me up. I'm going to tell my buddy to think about doing it, too.
Hey boss check your left arm, you usually henna the weekend heists on the bicep. You uh, you told me to tell you not to bother clicking the spoiler, you said it's

Honestly I feel bad for The Amnesiac. He doesn't even know he's a supervillain half the time but when you get a gimmick that good in Gotham you kinda don't get a say in the matter.

not important.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jan 6, 2024