Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Congratulations to future season and Super Bowl MVP Brock Osweiler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Al once again reminding you that the over has been hit in both regards

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
so the Texans were frauds

now they're.. not... frauds....? or what idk anymore

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Pags always plays like his team is not poo poo. His team is always poo poo Bruce Arians is the reason he has a job.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fast cars loose anus posted:

I'm not really but it's always good to beat Indy

I was just making fun of Osweiler waving his hands to shut the crowd up as if they wouldn't shut up by the time the field goal was kicked.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bad Moon posted:

The Falcons and Texans have the same record :psyduck:

Well they are both equally good teams, it checks out.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Like all Irsay would have to say at the press conference tomorrow is "He lost a 2 TD lead to Brock Osweiler"

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

What the hell happened to the Colts?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Brock: The Hero AFC South Deserves

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

They always been bad broheim

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Mark your calendars, Dec 11th for the rematch.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

ryan grigson and chuck pagano

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Alright I'm headed out to check out gentlemen clubs in Houston to find irsay wish me luck

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

corn on the cop posted:

the colts blew a two-touchdown lead against brock osweiler and lost

stop taking the Chargers gimmick

wait

no, the colts can keep that one

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Colts actually did this because they want to have Brock play the rest of the season for the NFL. 4th dimensional chess, you see.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ryan Grigson, with a side of Chuck Pagano.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

AFC+NFC South are like the worst combined divisions by geographical area, right?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
How the gently caress did that happen.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

The Brocket Launcher is undefeated in overtime.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Blitz7x posted:

Alright I'm headed out to check out gentlemen clubs in Houston to find irsay wish me luck

Pics please. Of Irsay of course

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Keep chopping, I guess.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Keep chopping isn't necessarily the best phrase to use to inspire your team.

Eh, it's probably not bad as long as you don't bring an axe into the locker room.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The Texans week get destroyed by the Broncos next week but still being king of poo poo mountain feels good in the meantime

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

corn on the cop posted:

ryan grigson and chuck pagano

Grittybeard posted:

Ryan Grigson, with a side of Chuck Pagano.

What about Jim Irsay?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pagano probably not gonna get fired until the bye week though, if at all. Probably sacrifice the defensive coordinator first.

But I'd rather they get a top 10 pick next year with a new regime than limp along to 8-8.

midwat
May 6, 2007

Blitz7x posted:

He might be carrying some of those large amounts of cash he supposedly gives out to "strangers"

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

So what, now what?

With a team mantra like that, don't expect greatness.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Brock was always good just liike ol skyline chili from the place where i definitely represent and care about economically and geographically

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

A real response? Well the defense relied on a pass rush combined with press man coverage. The pass rush (Mathis/Freeney) left or got old, and they were unable to draft replacements, and pass rush is really hard to get in free agency. Without the pass rush the defense falls apart because LB's were always neglected.

On offense Reggie Wayne and Cherilus fell off a cliff with age/injuries, the drafting was busts until last year, so there wasn't anyone to fill in and Luck started getting hit more. So right now they can't run and he tries to force things while being worried about his kidney getting lacerated.

It's not a terrible team, just incomplete. Add a good pass rushing LB and the defense suddenly becomes decent. Add a good RT or RG and suddenly the offense clicks a lot better. The draft this year was good, last year wasn't bad either. Kelly and Mewhort look like solid NFL OL's, but here we are in Luck's 2nd contract with Haeg and Good starting on the OL and thrown into the fire. It's just too many young OL's at once.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eltoasto posted:

A real response? Well the defense relied on a pass rush combined with press man coverage. The pass rush (Mathis/Freeney) left or got old, and they were unable to draft replacements, and pass rush is really hard to get in free agency. Without the pass rush the defense falls apart because LB's were always neglected.

On offense Reggie Wayne and Cherilus fell off a cliff with age/injuries, the drafting was busts until last year, so there wasn't anyone to fill in and Luck started getting hit more. So right now they can't run and he tries to force things while being worried about his kidney getting lacerated.

It's not a terrible team, just incomplete. Add a good pass rushing LB and the defense suddenly becomes decent. Add a good RT or RG and suddenly the offense clicks a lot better. The draft this year was good, last year wasn't bad either. Kelly and Mewhort look like solid NFL OL's, but here we are in Luck's 2nd contract with Haeg and Good starting on the OL and thrown into the fire. It's just too many young OL's at once.

Should I read this as a vote of confidence for Grigson? Because it sounds at least like an apology for him.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Eltoasto posted:

Thanks for the effort post.

All I really knew about the Colts is that they tanked to draft Luck and then traded for a fraud running back and their owner is a coke head.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

You forgot that Colts fans felt entitled to Luck after tanking for one year. You know, after 15 years of Peyton Manning dominance.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Grittybeard posted:

Should I read this as a vote of confidence for Grigson? Because it sounds at least like an apology for him.

No I want Grigson fired as well, he missed on 1st round picks and you just can't do that. I don't fault him for spending a bunch of money on average guys because I believe that order came from Irsay, who wanted to get back in the playoffs ASAP instead of building a real team. But he is a typical scout-turned-GM in that he is able to pull usable players out of the late rounds and UDFA's, but then turns around and misses more than he hits on rounds 1-3. I like his most recent draft, but he blew a couple drafts too, and it's resulted in a bad OL. He spent picks on OL but they busted. Honestly it's the completely failed 2013 draft and 2014 missing 1st rounder (Trent Richardson) that are dooming him now.

Also he routinely says dumb poo poo to the media so yeah, he can go too, fire everyone.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I hope that Twitter account of Andrew Luck as a defeated Civil War general has something good coming up.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Kirios posted:

You forgot that Colts fans felt entitled to Luck after tanking for one year. You know, after 15 years of Peyton Manning dominance.

That was just Plaflop I think

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/Colts/status/787866774242889730?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I hope that Twitter account of Andrew Luck as a defeated Civil War general has something good coming up.

It's a gift to humanity

• Locked thread