Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Smirking_Serpent posted:

yes, you dumb bitch

Exactly, all of those games listed are good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
They remastered onimusha last gen with true analog controls

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

ZeeBoi posted:

The players are too

Yeah, Capcom put out a full Onimusha remaster 6 years ago and it apparently sold really badly.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Shameful that X-Men arcade isn't available for like 20 bucks. There's a lot of old arcade poo poo like that would be an instant buy for me, like the arcade aliens vs predator and Cadillacs and dinosaurs.

I got the urge to set up some MAME lately for this reason and that scene is such a stupid clusterfuck and it's nearly impossible to find good resources because the people that actually do that poo poo are completely insane. Why yes, I definitely want to sift through 5000 garbage roms that don't work and weird bootleg poo poo to get to the stuff that actual human beings would like to play.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Professor Beetus posted:

Shameful that X-Men arcade isn't available for like 20 bucks. There's a lot of old arcade poo poo like that would be an instant buy for me, like the arcade aliens vs predator and Cadillacs and dinosaurs.

I got the urge to set up some MAME lately for this reason and that scene is such a stupid clusterfuck and it's nearly impossible to find good resources because the people that actually do that poo poo are completely insane. Why yes, I definitely want to sift through 5000 garbage roms that don't work and weird bootleg poo poo to get to the stuff that actual human beings would like to play.

It used to be and then the license ran out.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Pinterest Mom posted:

At least five years - the dev started posting about this game on X (formerly known as Twitter) back in 2019.

Jesus, why is making basic games so hard? What happened to all these game engines that supposedly solved all the stupid poo poo so people can just focus on being creative?

It feels like the bones of the game could have been fleshed out in 3 months and then another 6 for polish. 5 loving years is insane.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

ImpAtom posted:

It used to be and then the license ran out.

I know and I forgot to buy it when it was and now I'm butt mad about it because I can still play the demo on my 360

It should be available now and forever, limited licensing is a gently caress

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
I thought Hellblade was terrific. Gameplay isn't anything mind-blowing but it looks amazing, was fun and had some disturbing stuff in there. The narrator was also from Northern Ireland, so my patriot penis went from 6 to midnight.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
you what

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

According to IGN, Hellblade 1 was 3 quarters erection, Hellblade 2 is the full patriot chub

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!
If you think Xbox fans are taking recent developments hard you should see what’s going on with Sony fans:

https://x.com/its_eniebomedov/status/1789970963431391362

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

90sgamer posted:

If you think Xbox fans are taking recent developments hard you should see what’s going on with Sony fans:

https://x.com/its_eniebomedov/status/1789970963431391362

Being angry, especially this angry, over a game not being exclusive baffles me.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Lammasu posted:

Being angry, especially this angry, over a game not being exclusive baffles me.

It's social media. The whole point is to promote and encourage the highest amount of outrage on any topic because it gets the most ad revenue.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
People tweet stuff like that so that idiots will spread it everywhere. Like worms spreading from a butthole.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Readers added context:

OP is a known troll who consistently posts outrageous content as engagement bait, by engaging with the post you are feeding into their ruse

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

always seeking to survive and flourish
readers added context:

picture of a flaming bag of poop

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

webmeister posted:

Readers added context:

OP is a known troll who consistently posts outrageous content as engagement bait, by engaging with the post you are feeding into their ruse

but enough about worms butthole guy

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Really though, it will be nice to get Square Enix stuff on Xbox again.

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
Being upset about exclusives going third party is not a social media phenomenon wtf. I remember when a dude here had a meltdown when FF13 was announced for Xbox 360 and the only social media at the time was MySpace

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Do the butthole worms cause bad posting, or does the bad posting cause the butthole worms?

The world may never know. Or care.

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
My posting content is more relevant to the Xbox brand and more entertaining then you trying to repeat the same joke that was only funny the first time

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol you have butthole worms.

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

always seeking to survive and flourish
gas

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

webmeister posted:

Are there any actually good games though

yeah, there's U.N. Squadron, Power Stone, Viewtiful Joe, Onimusha, Darkstalkers, Okami, Dino Crisis, Breath of Fire, Lost Planet, Bionic Commando, Rival Schools, Final Fight, etc.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Yo I heard there's a guy with worms for a butthole in here

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

fridge corn posted:

Yo I heard there's a guy with worms for a butthole in here
That's in the Dune thread.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Professor Beetus posted:

Might want to look into an analogue pocket. It's easy to load it up with a ton of arcade games including those

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Jesus, why is making basic games so hard? What happened to all these game engines that supposedly solved all the stupid poo poo so people can just focus on being creative?

It feels like the bones of the game could have been fleshed out in 3 months and then another 6 for polish. 5 loving years is insane.

Half the time these indie games are someone’s side project, so it could be as simple as they could only work on it for a few hours every weekend.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

Lammasu posted:

I thought it was the trump thread, oh wait that's brain worms inside someone who is a butthole

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Lammasu posted:

Ahh nvm then

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

I’m pretty sure that nowadays anyone can make an interactive demo with flashy assets from an asset store. Making a game that is fun is actually surprisingly challenging.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
That reminds me, did that Dune survival game ever come out?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Charles Martel posted:

I wish Capcom would do something with their back catalogue. The Marvel games would obviously take more resources with the licensing and such, but then there's U.N. Squadron, Power Stone, Viewtiful Joe, Onimusha, Darkstalkers, Okami, Dino Crisis, Breath of Fire, Lost Planet, Bionic Commando, Rival Schools, Final Fight, etc.
UN Squadron is a licensed game based off an early-80s manga (Area 88), which likely complicates things.

The original Onimusha got a HD re-release for modern platforms back in 2019.

The Darkstalkers series has a full re-release a couple of years ago as part of Capcom Fighting Collection, replete with rollback netcode. Capcom people keep teasing a new game, but it never quite gets around to happening.

Bionic Commando had the reboot with the incredibly unintentionally-funny plot twist and the two rearmed games back in... 2008? Jesus. Looks like Rearmed 2 is the only one on Xbox back-compat for some weird reason.

Street Fighter 6 has a lot of Final Fight in its story mode, and I think there was a Rival Schools character in the SF5 DLC.

Making the creative bits actually fun for another human being to play is surprisingly difficult! Also, I think that game was mostly one guy for a good chunk of development.

Lammasu posted:

Current release date is apparently "when it's ready", due to Funcom wanting their releases to have, and I quote, "less jank".

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lammasu posted:

Still in development for all of the good that will do it since its a Funcom title.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

90sgamer posted:

My posting content is more relevant to the Xbox brand and more entertaining then you trying to repeat the same joke that was only funny the first time

worms butthole guy.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

The Xbox thread has the highest occurrence of the word butthole.

Something to think about.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

got the Outer Worlds spacer's choice edition, it looks really good. i'm enjoying it way more than on last gen when the load times kinda killed it

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

At the risk of going off topic (or is it?) can someone give me a quick primer on what the worms butthole thing is about?

I think it’s hilarious, just wish I knew it’s origins.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Bumhead posted:

At the risk of going off topic (or is it?) can someone give me a quick primer on what the worms butthole thing is about?
He's a re-reg of someone who's gone through many usernames over the last 14 years because they keep getting banned for posting very badly about videogames. One of those was rebranded Worms Butthole Guy, because his avatar was changed to Wormskull's crack, and some aliases can never be shaken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Bumhead posted:

I think it’s hilarious, just wish I knew it’s origins.

undercooked meat