Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dec 26, 2012

the meat cleaver guy in 5-2 :yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Why does the bonfire select screen have some places outlined in silver and some outlined in orange

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
It outlines the 3 zones you're most likely to find multiplayer in.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

thats a nice touch

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe

Bobnumerotres posted:

the real boss of sunken king is jester thomas

i fist pumped so hard when he invaded, finally A TRUE CHALLENGER

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

I didn't really like Ivory King (though I.N.R.I's right about it being cool to look out over it) since so much of it takes place inside empty cuboids with less internal decoration than most doom wads) but Brume tower is really cool and puzzle-like to work your way through, fighting the ashen enemies and fume sorcerers is frustrating+fun+claustrophobic, and Shulva is cool to explore for traps and reminds me of the first couple of levels of Tomb Raider I + II. it's one of the few game levels that I can accept as genuinely tomb-like, and I like any DS level with chanting/whispering in the background.

Bobnumerotres posted:

jester reminded me of the secret insanely hard black phantoms in demon souls. theres plenty of other neat invaders in the new stuff/DLCs but none of them are as badass.

maldron is cool.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

It outlines the 3 zones you're most likely to find multiplayer in.

ohhhhh

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it

I thought it was levels where you found all the bonfires vs. ones where you hadn't yet

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

01011001 posted:

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I brutally beat up Jester Thomas with my cestuses

Ds2 fist weapons stagger is loving rad

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

01011001 posted:

i was actually talking about the hidden phantoms that only appeared in pure black worlds, like the golden armor lady in the swamp and the dude in the tunnels who would shoot dragon god fireblasts at you one-shotting you and poo poo. those were neat post-game fights

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im glad they buffed poise damage so much, because it made a lot of insanely bad weapons really good.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i just bought a ps4 so ill probably play the good version of sotfs with the new enemy placements and stuff too. did they change everything except for the dlc?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

i just bought a ps4 so ill probably play the good version of sotfs with the new enemy placements and stuff too. did they change everything except for the dlc?

yes

the only thing new in the DLCs as far as i know are the new NPC invaders sometimes giving you a visit

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Finally got to Sunken King dlc, this is dope as poo poo. In dragon sanctum I ended up fleeing in terror from a pair of the unkillable phantoms past jester thomas and the dino asses till I got to the bonfire. pretty sure I missed almost the entire zone and presumably the dragon stone or whatever. When I went up the elevator to the broken bridge there were all these other-people-phantoms running straight across and I figured it was some Indiana Jones test of faith poo poo. You can guess how that ended

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Fuligin posted:

Finally got to Sunken King dlc, this is dope as poo poo. In dragon sanctum I ended up fleeing in terror from a pair of the unkillable phantoms past jester thomas and the dino asses till I got to the bonfire. pretty sure I missed almost the entire zone and presumably the dragon stone or whatever. When I went up the elevator to the broken bridge there were all these other-people-phantoms running straight across and I figured it was some Indiana Jones test of faith poo poo. You can guess how that ended

lol cool

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

I.N.R.I posted:

lol cool

:)

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
theres a load of cool stuff in the dlc if u search everywhere, so do go back and check everywhere. u can kill those ghost dudes as well. its kind of a puzzle.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

yeah I killed the first two, then pretty much flipped my poo poo when the next ones chased me down a hole with like a million of the obnoxious corroding insect monsters

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
sunken king reminds me of an old D&D module where each room is its own distinct "gently caress you" trap

edit: in a good way tho

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The snow DLC isn't as good as the first two. It's mostly just corridor level design with loving annoying hedgehog enemies. It's really pretty but I'm kind of disappointed :(

Some neat touches like soul-activated golems you don't want to activate and ever-sneakier NPC invaders though.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The snow DLC isn't as good as the first two. It's mostly just corridor level design with loving annoying hedgehog enemies. It's really pretty but I'm kind of disappointed :(

Some neat touches like soul-activated golems you don't want to activate and ever-sneakier NPC invaders though.

i really wish the city at the bottom was the main portion of the level instead of castle interior #45

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

its not actually like that cos SPOILERS once u get elsanna to get rid of the blizzard it opens up a bunch of side paths to explore and you can go back thru the level and find them all

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the best one IMO is the iron king DLC because it feels like a zelda dungeon, it all takes place in the same tower and youre just unlocking shortcuts and mechanisms to open all sorts of new paths

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i just fought sir alonne and when he was on his last bit of health he did a big 5 hit combo that completely owned me

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i got this and man i feel so insanely slow after playing bloodborne. playing through demons' souls and ds1 and 2 with the bloodborne combat system would rule.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the final boss for ivory king is really cool

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

frank.club posted:

it's a really cool chaotic boss fight yeah, I just wish they hadn't attached that drat 50 loyce soul farming thing so that everyone I try to coop it with black crystals me out just before we get to fight the ivory king himself.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WINNERSH TRIANGLE posted:

it's a really cool chaotic boss fight yeah, I just wish they hadn't attached that drat 50 loyce soul farming thing so that everyone I try to coop it with black crystals me out just before we get to fight the ivory king himself.

What is this I've never co-op'd there

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

frank.club posted:

What is this I've never co-op'd there

to get cool stuff like the ivory king armour, you need 50 loyce souls (this is assuming you don't just CE them in). you get a ton of these in your first iteration of the fight, but once you've beaten the BIK once, you can only get these by either asceticing the Cathedral bonfire to fight it again, or by co-oping, where they drop rarely from the charred loyce knights.

prospective hosts have recently started summoning a ton of help, letting them take on the charred loyce knights (and getting the loyce souls they drop), then using a black crystal to boot the phantoms out once the king himself shows up (to stop them from fighting him, potentially winning the fight, and so they can aged feather/homeward bone out and start the fight anew). this means that phantoms end up with very short summons periods, no token of fidelity/medal of sunlight, not much time to pick up loyce souls, and, most importantly, no fun 4 vs. 1 fights against a superpowered BIK.

because of this, it's much harder to get loyce souls as a phantom, since 2/3 of the summons you get will boot you out halfway through ... which pushes a lot of people into doing the same as a host to boot it up themselves. practically all of them just have one loyce knight with them too, and all in all it is a huge player fail.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Just cheat in 50 loyce souls. You won't get banned for it

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

jesus christ the blue smelter demon just takes so goddamn long and it just takes like one mistimed roll to ruin the whole thing argh

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

frank.club posted:

The arena for that fight looks loving awesome

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
u know whats really cool... the entire dlc... LITERALLY!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

THE PENETRATOR posted:

holy poo poo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

THE PENETRATOR posted:

:iceburn:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

NG+ has also changed quite a bit in the new release. mimic chests get swapped around so im loving hitting everything and theres new NPC mini-bosses everywhere. it loving owns

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Did the patch to fix weapon durability go out yet?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Crimson Harvest posted:

Did the patch to fix weapon durability go out yet?

nope

It's cool and good From doesn't care about cheaters so I can CE my durability to infinity to fix that bug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Yeah I keep thinking that CE would solve all my problems, but I'm kind of reluctant to dive in.

• Locked thread