Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Catfish Stevens posted:

What'd Archie ever do? He made the wrongest career choices.

I think Archie was actually the driving force behind the whole "Eli won't play for the Chargers" thing that draft year.

Overall it was a pretty baller move of the Chargers to take him anyway then trade him into Rivers (who they would have taken otherwise) + 3 picks (One of whom was Shawne Merriman).

Substandard fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Dec 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Catfish Stevens posted:

Thanks god he didn't play behind Archie's line..

he was a WR

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Substandard posted:

It's all that Dan Campbell toughness, they are instilling a new attitude trying to channel a Rex Ryan team.

You mean Rob Ryan team. Brandon Browner won't have anyone taking away his penalty crown. He needs one more to break the record.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
archie was right. the clown prince of football would have been utterly wasted on marty and norv

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Giants would have gotten wrecked by a better team or if the Phins just ran at all in the second half.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'm glad the Giants won. I like them better than Philly or Washington, and they have a better potential for going deep in the playoffs and making some hilarious upsets. As long as they lose to the Panthers in the NFC Championship. Also, the sooner Dallas is mathematically eliminated, the sooner Jones and Garret might start trying out some of the younger guys to plan for next year.

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

WHO DAT? Who gives a damn?

I'm a huge Miss State (CLANGA) fan and I'll forever be conflicted about Archie vs Eli vs whatever.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

The Dave posted:

Giants would have gotten wrecked by a better team or if the Phins just ran at all in the second half.

Giants are a very dumb team that finally had a competent game against incompetent competition.

Anyone who still thinks this team has a chance is a fool.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

blue squares posted:

I'm glad the Giants won. I like them better than Philly or Washington, and they have a better potential for going deep in the playoffs and making some hilarious upsets. As long as they lose to the Panthers in the NFC Championship. Also, the sooner Dallas is mathematically eliminated, the sooner Jones and Garret might start trying out some of the younger guys to plan for next year.

They should probably get rid of Garret...and get a decent QB

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Febreeze posted:

Giants are a very dumb team that finally had a competent game against incompetent competition.

The stars are aligning Febreeze

Every four years, the Tyree Comet swings around, and the Patriots and Giants are destined to meet in meet in mortal combat

it is meant to be

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Tannehill stinks! Dolphins need a new owner too.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Prophesy jokes aside this team is just bad and devoid of talent. The 2007 team was underrated and overlooked because of the flashier teams doing well that season. The 2011 team was scrappy and had a lot of fight in it, they kept things close and pulled out several comeback victories. This team is garbage and is being propped up by Eli and OBJ.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Febreeze posted:

have you given up on the 4th year prophecy???

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Hunt11 posted:

Or you just block him. 99% of AAC's posts are either insanely positive about the Seahawks or calling almost everybody else frauds so the moment you see that he is posted you can just guess what he is going to say and move on.

Blocking people is pure bitchmade behavior

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

African AIDS cum posted:

Tannehill stinks! Dolphins need a new owner too.

aac unironically 100% on the money here, folks.

before this season i would wistfully imagine a reality where the redskins kept those first rounders and took tannehill instead, as he was a developing young qb with a pretty solid foundation. i would have much rather had him than RG3, a broken trick play QB who wanted to be a pocket passer then neglected to learn how to be one. as the first finger on the monkey's paw closed, the redskins would have had a middling first season with tannehill, finishing with about 6 wins and drafting DJ Hayden to shore up the secondary, currently consisting of deangelo hall and a bunch of hot garbage.

i really, honestly, do think that cousins can be a starter in the NFL for awhile, the 2nd half of the season has been pretty good for him. I wouldn't call him the 2nd best QB of his class until luck regresses some more from being on the most short-sighted team in the NFL, but i'd say he's easily third at the moment behind him and wilson. Tannehill just isn't good.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Catfish Stevens posted:

Fair. He went to Ole Miss though. Shouldn't trust that kind of man. That's on Eli. As far as the trade.. you got Phil.

This made me look up Dr Bo Wallace for some reason and someone wrote a book about him.

I wonder if it'll include his reaction to this?

Or this

Or really any of his many amazing failures.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

PrinceRandom posted:

Blocking people is pure bitchmade behavior
:agreed:

People in Debate and Discussion hate me because of this (because I don't block people and quote people lots of other people have blocked)

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
With Andy Dalton's injury this week, we're only one QB getting injured/sucking so bad they get replaced away from having half of the NFL having to start a backup QB at some point during the year! So let's all cheer for Matt Ryan to keep sucking.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Broncos, I know I said some bad poo poo about you in the first half of the Raiders game, then called you bitchmade a lot in the second half, but the sake of all that is good in the world, beat the Steelers.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Broncos, I know I said some bad poo poo about you in the first half of the Raiders game, then called you bitchmade a lot in the second half, but the sake of all that is good in the world, beat the Steelers.

You're new to this so I'll cut you some slack, but this is never an appropriate thing for an AFC West fan to say. Even if you're doing it for playoff implications you're just cheering against the Steelers/for your own team instead of cheering for the Broncos.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

You're new to this so I'll cut you some slack, but this is never an appropriate thing for an AFC West fan to say. Even if you're doing it for playoff implications you're just cheering against the Steelers/for your own team instead of cheering for the Broncos.

As far as I know, Brock Osweiler hasn't raped two women.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

A good reason not to cheer for the Steelers. Not a good reason to cheer for the Broncos.

Just go with team meteor. Or team ISIS. Or whatever apocalyptic form you might choose.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Fair enough, I'll just consult the playoffs calculator and work out which result causes the most misery for the most people and root for that.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Help us Baine, you're our only hope!

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
The 2014 first round draft pick is actually doing things now. 2nd one resembles Derrick Thomas. https://streamable.com/iq4x

All he needs to do is up his intake of HGH and roids and he'll be good to go.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

blue squares posted:

I'm glad the Giants won. I like them better than Philly or Washington, and they have a better potential for going deep in the playoffs and making some hilarious upsets. As long as they lose to the Panthers in the NFC Championship.

You do realize that...even with a historically terrible front 4, if they do...by some alignment of the heavens....make it to the NFCCG against the Panthers, that they're going to win.

If it comes down to that, it will happen.

They got absolutely zero pressure last night, like Tannehill could have stopped, made tea, drank it and ate a sandwich before throwing most snaps. I don't think I've seen a Giants D line so bad since the mid ninties and even then we had a fresh Michael Strahan to at least make things lively.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Fair enough, I'll just consult the playoffs calculator and work out which result causes the most misery for the most people and root for that.

My dude

Also guys remember when the Jets/Dolphins/Bills D lines were supposed to crush Tom Brady and then he went on to win his 7th consecutive AFC east title because I do

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Blarfk posted:

To be clear, the game was full of dirty bullshit from both teams, but you're kidding yourself if you think Burfict wasn't part of it.

Here's a late hit that led to Decastro (I think?) and him wrestling on the ground where that facemask picture came from:

https://twitter.com/Steel_Curtain4/status/676183315427295232

And here he is going low on Ben:

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CWJemptWEAE4-Sk.mp4

No one is saying Mitchell or whoever wasn't pulling some bullshit too, but it was spread around pretty equally across both teams.

For the record, this is my argument. Burfict is dirty as gently caress. Calling him the dirtiest player in the league is ridiculous. If I wanted to I could find players twisting ankles every game.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

Eifert Posting posted:

For the record, this is my argument. Burfict is dirty as gently caress. Calling him the dirtiest player in the league is ridiculous. If I wanted to I could find players twisting ankles every game.

Okay, find an example of any player in the past year that has been fined for twisting multiple player's ankles after the play in an effort to injure them.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

JT Jag posted:

The stars are aligning Febreeze

Every four years, the Tyree Comet swings around, and the Patriots and Giants are destined to meet in meet in mortal combat

it is meant to be

There was an actual Tyree Comet sighting in my parents town.

Playing against two undefeated teams, both who look superbowl bound in one season? A Green Bay team who looks to win 11 games?

Eli has to be on maximum jimmy rustle right now.

Will we win, probably not.....but you know DEEP DEEP down this is the worst team to play against if we squeeze into the playoffs; anything can happen and cmon, it's Eli.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The 2007 and 2011 Giants had stellar to good defenses and an offense that got hot at just the right time. Only one of those things is true this year.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Panthers will likely be playing a linebacker in the nickel DB spot after losing Bene. The Giants are smart enough to get ODB away from Norman. Stewart is likely out for Carolina, and Olsen will be limited.

that said Carolina's offense is loving rolling right now and the Giants are worse than New Orleans (ypg) but gahhhhhhhhh

I just want to see Curtis Artis-Payne.

three
Aug 9, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

The Panthers will likely be playing a linebacker in the nickel DB spot after losing Bene. The Giants are smart enough to get ODB away from Norman. Stewart is likely out for Carolina, and Olsen will be limited.

that said Carolina's offense is loving rolling right now and the Giants are worse than New Orleans (ypg) but gahhhhhhhhh

A LB covering OBJ with safety help from 75 year old Roman Harper over the top. It's going to be magical.

It won't be as bad as Colin Jones, though.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
lol @ whoever the Giants will have covering Ginn while Cam stands in the pocket for six seconds

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

three posted:

A LB covering OBJ with safety help from 75 year old Roman Harper over the top. It's going to be magical.

It won't be as bad as Colin Jones, though.

to be fair, that linebacker is going to be shaq. if you have to play zone with a linebacker jamming and running with ODB, it might as well be him.

Seriously, the Panthers should just line up like Mario Addison and maul him at the LOS.

three
Aug 9, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

to be fair, that linebacker is going to be shaq. if you have to play zone with a linebacker jamming and running with ODB, it might as well be him.

Seriously, the Panthers should just line up like Mario Addison and maul him at the LOS.

Agreed. Also, Thomas Davis could probably cover him pretty well, too.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

three posted:

Agreed. Also, Thomas Davis could probably cover him pretty well, too.

Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

FizFashizzle posted:

Cameron Artis-Payne. And what I remember seeing from him in the preseason was not so great...just looks inexperienced. I remember seeing potential in Fozzy when he was a rookie that I don't recall seeing in Cameron so I'm a bit nervous...but again, looks like he just needs more snaps to figure out how the NFL works.

three
Aug 9, 2007

I hope Stewart doesn't play til the playoffs. He doesn't have a "careful" mode; dude runs with reckless abandon plowing over defenders.

Also, Cortland Finnegan has seemed pretty good. Seems like a solid pickup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Can the Panthers play that guy who was in the NFL documentary "Undrafted" already so they will get a new loving commercial? That poo poo is worse than DraftKings

• Locked thread