Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

saladscooper (10): Cloacamazing!, wologar, wologar, wins32767, hambeet, hambeet, AnonymousNarcotics, Cloacamazing!, PhantomMuzzles, PhantomMuzzles, Opopanax, PhantomMuzzles, wologar, Cloacamazing!, Maerlyn, Ignatius M. Meen, Tired Moritz, Your Personal Muse
hambeet (1): Ignatius M. Meen, Ignatius M. Meen, Tsietisin
PhantomMuzzles (1): saladscooper
NeverHelm (1): wologar, wologar, WindwardAway, WindwardAway, WindwardAway, b-minus1, WindwardAway, PhantomMuzzles, Cloacamazing!, PhantomMuzzles, Ignatius M. Meen, Cloacamazing!, Ignatius M. Meen
wologar (1): WindwardAway
Tired Moritz (1): NeverHelm
Ignatius M. Meen (1): hambeet, Opopanax, Opopanax
CubicalSucrose (0): hambeet, hambeet, wologar, wologar
AnonymousNarcotics (0): b-minus1, b-minus1
Cloacamazing! (0): Tsietisin, Tsietisin
EGalz18 (0): wologar, wologar
WindwardAway (0): wologar, Your Personal Muse, Ignatius M. Meen, Ignatius M. Meen, Cloacamazing!, PhantomMuzzles, WindwardAway, Cloacamazing!, Cloacamazing!, Tsietisin, Tsietisin, Tsietisin, Tsietisin, Maerlyn, WindwardAway, wologar, PhantomMuzzles, Cloacamazing!, Maerlyn, Your Personal Muse
Tsietisin (0): b-minus1, WindwardAway, b-minus1, WindwardAway
Opopanax (0): Maerlyn, Maerlyn

Not Voting (2): CubicalSucrose, EGalz18

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 17th, 2024 at 4 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing...

The bizarre drama having resolved, the followers of Jesus returned to the task at hand. Identifying saladscooper as the traitor within their midst, he was taken and given to the crowds of radical anti-Jesus supporters who have begun to throng to Jerusalem to see the alleged "King of the Jews" torn down from his supposed throne.

As crowds in turn surrendered Saladscooper to the authorities, a hasty trial found him guilty of heresy and crimes against Rome, and he was sentenced to death on the cross.

Yet as Saladscooper was being led to the very planks of wood that would be his doom, a Roman guard came rushing to the scene screaming "Wait! Waaaaait!"

Catching his breath, the Roman guard handed an official order to the would be executioner. The order noted that as it was the day before Passover, a prisoner would be pardoned for their crimes. Saladscooper was the lucky recipient of the pardon.

Relieved to escape execution, Saladscooper returned to the followers of Jesus, as they retired for the night, exhausted from the day's wild events.

Day one ends in no execution!

Night one now begins! You have 24 hours for night actions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
As Jesus' disciples slowly awoke from a night of drinking and revelry, they make a horrifying discovery. One of their own lies dead, brutally beaten to death by a mysterious assailant during the night!

Maerlyn, Annoying Reporters With Fake Microphones Anachronistically Imitating Modern Paparazzi and Press in 33 AD, Town-Aligned Reporters was brutally beaten to death night 1!

quote:

You are Annoying Reporters With Fake Microphones Anachronistically Imitating Modern Paparazzi and Press in 33 AD, Town-Aligned Reporters

What's the buzz, the people demand to know what's a happening! You are the source of all news in Judea in 33 AD Despite your aggressive questioning of Jesus, you are actually on his side - a superstar is just what your ratings need!

What's the Buzz? Each night you may ##question three players. If all three are Town-aligned, you will receive the result of TOWN. If any of the three are not Town-Aligned, you will receive the result NOT TOWN. You may not target yourself.

You win when all threats to down are eliminated.

Day two begins!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (16): AnonymousNarcotics, b-minus1, Cloacamazing!, CubicalSucrose, EGalz18, Ignatius M. Meen, NeverHelm, Opopanax, PhantomMuzzles, saladscooper, Tired Moritz, Tsietisin, WindwardAway, wins32767, wologar, Your Personal Muse

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 20th, 2024 at 4 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 3 hours.

Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing...

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

JosefStalinator posted:

Then, as if anticipating their arrival, CubicalSucrose broke off from the assembled. Surveying the scene, he shocked all of them by not approaching one of their number - but instead, walking slowly and intensely towards one of the Roman centurions. As he drew closer, the Roman bemusingly watched him take off his helmet, and gently kiss him on the cheek.

Cube
Why must you betray us
With a kiss?

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.
So, someone saved salad yesterday?

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Maerlyn posted:

I'd really rather vote out Wind honestly but salad is fine. I'll be here to vote but it's not my highest pick.

Meen I think is town? He does sound off and focused on a lot of setup spec which could be his way to "whip post" (maintain presence in thread without actually anything).

I'm having trouble figuring out who is scummiest, feels like a lot of people tied up for game spec reasons (people suddenly peeling off the Wind vote).

Oh the night kill makes me look bad lol
Nice

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Yeah I didn't save myself. Not sure what happened

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Beet's flip was funny
Why was salad a wagon if so many people said they'd rather vote me, though?

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

saladscooper posted:

I have a stupid hunch about it but it's not based on anything I read

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

saladscooper posted:

Would like to hear from Cube in that case. Did his action swap beet with salad?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

WindwardAway posted:

Oh the night kill makes me look bad lol
Nice

You are making a good job of making yourself look bad

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Cloacamazing! posted:

Would like to hear from Cube in that case. Did his action swap beet with salad?

No I killed beet. It was a vig (and a vote, essentially).

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

I LOVE WORDS. THAT'S ALL.

CubicalSucrose posted:

No I killed beet. It was a vig (and a vote, essentially).

Did you get a reward for your kiss?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm confused about salad

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

EGalz18 posted:

Did you get a reward for your kiss?

Probably 30 pieces of silver

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I'm confused about salad

Is there a role that can reverse an eviction after the fact? Or something that can be put in place that whoever is first voted out is automatically reprieved?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Tsietisin posted:

Is there a role that can reverse an eviction after the fact? Or something that can be put in place that whoever is first voted out is automatically reprieved?

There's Voteproof, which is a passive ability that makes it so you'll survive getting voted out, kind of like a counterpart to bulletproof. Salad claims that he doesn't know why he survived, and given his "Guess I'm dead" post, I'm inclined to believe him. There's also Governor, a role that can pardon a player. Voteproof and Governor abilities are more often given to scum, obviously, since they profit more from it.

So if we assume salad is telling the truth about not having had a Voteproof, and Cube is telling the truth about his impromptu makeout session not having saved salad, someone else must have protected salad. So either that was a town player who was really certain salad was town, to the point where they preferred a non-exec over seeing salad killed, or it was scum either saving a scumbro or trying to make us no exec and hope for us going after salad the next day too. I'm inclined to believe in the last option as the most likely one.

Tsietisin, I would like to hear your justification for not voting salad when we were in danger of no-executing. Cube, kind of the same, although I have a suspicion here.

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
Well this game is already going off the rails. Salad did at least seem surprised to survive given his last few posts after the "hammer", so I'm open to the possibility he truly didn't know - but that says nothing about him alignment wise. It feels like a lot of the Salad votes were pretty much just consolidating near the end.

So, I'm a little curious about those of you who went with Salad over me or Wind - any particular reason why you didn't go for me? It seemed like several of you (Opop for example) were kind of sus of me as the day went on (or at least brought it up) but never comitted.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Cloacamazing! posted:

There's Voteproof, which is a passive ability that makes it so you'll survive getting voted out, kind of like a counterpart to bulletproof. Salad claims that he doesn't know why he survived, and given his "Guess I'm dead" post, I'm inclined to believe him. There's also Governor, a role that can pardon a player. Voteproof and Governor abilities are more often given to scum, obviously, since they profit more from it.

So if we assume salad is telling the truth about not having had a Voteproof, and Cube is telling the truth about his impromptu makeout session not having saved salad, someone else must have protected salad. So either that was a town player who was really certain salad was town, to the point where they preferred a non-exec over seeing salad killed, or it was scum either saving a scumbro or trying to make us no exec and hope for us going after salad the next day too. I'm inclined to believe in the last option as the most likely one.

Tsietisin, I would like to hear your justification for not voting salad when we were in danger of no-executing. Cube, kind of the same, although I have a suspicion here.

Also technically speaking Cube did hammer, because vigging beet meant we only needed nine to execute

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Tsietisin posted:

Governors can stop executions (or redirect them). It can't be ruled out that salad was saved intentionally but if scum weren't under any pressure then saving salad anyway would be a fantastic way to ensure town is confused for a while. I will cave to a salad vote if needed and I'll reassess hard if he flips scum but as of right now my gut says Maer didn't die randomly.

Maerlyn posted:

not digging Opop's posts, lacking in effort

##vote Opop

This is the first vote she went for, and nobody else put him under any pressure yesterday. I think Opop knew she would check him overnight and killed her out of self-preservation. She's also not wrong here, he's been pretty clearly hanging back a lot and putting forth barely any effort. ##vote Opop

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Just out of curiosity did anyone visit me last night

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Oh yeah, also:

JosefStalinator posted:

Cube is rumored to have simply muttered "Romani ite domum" as the guards carted him away.

The rest of the assembled of Jesus continued their discussion as far away, with anguished screams, Hambeet was placed upon a cross.[/i]

Hambeet, Grammatically Correct Roman Centurion, Self-Aligned Centurion was crucified day one!

Apologies, wins. I promise that I won't doubt your Judith Iscariot claim again.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Cloacamazing! posted:

Two reasons, one of them is something that makes me feel like part of the mafia players now is that I can refer to my previous game. The last game I hammered a kill which ended up being town. I felt bad because at that time I was basically following the rest of the players and didn't have any thoughts about them. It was close to hammer yesterday and honestly I was scared of doing it again. Other than that, I tried following the arguments about salad but personally could not see what others were saying, they were not giving me any scummy vibes to me.

This game requires information, so felt like I should vote, but vote in what I believe instead of just going with the flow.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Cloacamazing! posted:

Also technically speaking Cube did hammer, because vigging beet meant we only needed nine to execute

If I could control who I dance with I think I'd have really liked to dance with you. It's okay though, maybe tomorrow.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

If scum allow me at least a night of grace it will become more apparent. If they don't, well, I can at least say I tried and scum have proved me right about either being terrified of me or hating fun.

I wasn't sure if sandwolf was even definitely playing or not but I confirmed the OP list is accurate and I'm not sure where the hell he is. I would think scum sand would have actually posted by now but if he continues not showing up I'm open to it.

Windward, are you okay? It's really unusual for you to have so little to post.

Where's this alleged fun?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

CubicalSucrose posted:

Where's this alleged fun?

I'm having it with two people right now. Temporary masonry that only lasts today and tonight but I can get new ones every night. If I live long enough I'll hopefully dance with everyone.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
That makes sense. I thought it had something to do with Cube's power but seems like not

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Cube, why did you kill beet, out of everyone?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Governors can stop executions (or redirect them). It can't be ruled out that salad was saved intentionally but if scum weren't under any pressure then saving salad anyway would be a fantastic way to ensure town is confused for a while. I will cave to a salad vote if needed and I'll reassess hard if he flips scum but as of right now my gut says Maer didn't die randomly.

This is the first vote she went for, and nobody else put him under any pressure yesterday. I think Opop knew she would check him overnight and killed her out of self-preservation. She's also not wrong here, he's been pretty clearly hanging back a lot and putting forth barely any effort. ##vote Opop

Hmm, how could he have known Maer was an investigative role?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

wologar posted:

This is a really good point and could be a tmi scum slip

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I'm having it with two people right now. Temporary masonry that only lasts today and tonight but I can get new ones every night. If I live long enough I'll hopefully dance with everyone.

Ménage a trois.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Is it? The question remains the same: how would scum know who is an eccocop N1?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Salad, did you do anything interesting with your new lease on life?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

wologar posted:

:rolleyes: I thought about correcting myself earlier but didn't. What I meant and what will be obvious I mean if you decide to flip me was "he would think that she would impede him in some way if possible by her role and at the very least probably still suspect him even if she couldn't".

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

My brain sometimes shortcuts in ways that are weird. This is just how it is. I'd sooner say nothing than slip if I were scum (and if you think I'm lying about my meta vote me).

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

wologar posted:

Cube, why did you kill beet, out of everyone?

Scummy and (more importantly) wasn't voting for salad, so it would actually be a hammer.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

I'm confused about salad

i usually just put sunflower seeds on top and it seems to tie everything together

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

:rolleyes: I thought about correcting myself earlier but didn't. What I meant and what will be obvious I mean if you decide to flip me was "he would think that she would impede him in some way if possible by her role and at the very least probably still suspect him even if she couldn't".

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

My brain sometimes shortcuts in ways that are weird. This is just how it is. I'd sooner say nothing than slip if I were scum (and if you think I'm lying about my meta vote me).

Speaking of shortcuts, how exactly did you pin beet as 3P instead of scum?? Teach me your ways.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

CubicalSucrose posted:

Scummy and (more importantly) wasn't voting for salad, so it would actually be a hammer.

Ok. And what's your wincon? :cop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

How? Unless scum has something insane like a dayroleseer, scum Iggy wouldn't have found out about Maer's role until this morning when she was already dead