Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
what an incredible chapter. im really glad that the "underlings" get a sense of personality, of substance. i really like the narrator at the end there too, poo poo like that makes me anticipate future chapters so much. luffy saying "if you need something, just ask! and if i need something i'll just call you!" is so in character but still feels rewarding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

i want to know what this big upcoming event is!! i have a feeling the fight with kaidou is going to be the beginning of the end game, like i do believe that since punk hazard really we're done with self contained arcs (think like thriller bark) and now everything is a gear that turns the final piece of the story.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Fun fact.

The alliance has 5,600 dudes.

56 can be read as gomu.

As in rubber.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Fun fact.

The alliance has 5,600 dudes.

56 can be read as gomu.

As in rubber.

gently caress yeah Japanese number puns.

Wonderful chapter. Zoro's been so great the last two chapters, and Fujitora/Sengoku also rule.

Now that the alliance is established and the party has been partied, I hope we get a Transponder Snail call from the rest of the crew or it just cuts back to them after the Straw Hats set sail for Zou. That's where they're meeting up, right? Can't wait to see what's next.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

do you think they'll cover what happened with big mom yet? or are we going to get a surprise later

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Luffy hasn't even had the courtesy to hit up the Curlybrows on the baby snailophone these past 3 days. Is he just assuming they took out Big Mama?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Really appreciating the tiny cup in the giant's hands.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Having just polished off another omnibus (beginning of Enies Lobby, woo!), it's occurred to me that we haven't quite had the heights of zaniness that we used to get - things like Nami beating Luffy to a pulp when he does something stupid, or the really, truly outlandish expressions everyone used to have (Ussop and Sugar from earlier in the arc notwithstanding). Everything is just that bit more muted than before, and it's kind of a shame, because those moments have been laugh out loud funny and were what made One Piece perfect.

Everything is cool otherwise though, and man oh man am I psyched for everything that's coming!

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Having just polished off another omnibus (beginning of Enies Lobby, woo!), it's occurred to me that we haven't quite had the heights of zaniness that we used to get - things like Nami beating Luffy to a pulp when he does something stupid, or the really, truly outlandish expressions everyone used to have (Ussop and Sugar from earlier in the arc notwithstanding). Everything is just that bit more muted than before, and it's kind of a shame, because those moments have been laugh out loud funny and were what made One Piece perfect.

Everything is cool otherwise though, and man oh man am I psyched for everything that's coming!

Did you just tune out during the Franky/Senor Pink fight or what

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
I understand where you're coming from but it would also be boring if the characters never changed or grew up.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Fawf posted:

Did you just tune out during the Franky/Senor Pink fight or what

He hasn't got that far yet dude

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I love this manga so much

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
What a great chapter. I wouldn't say it makes the stretching stuff out to reach chapter 800 worth it, but it was fun regardless.

I love the last few chapters for giving us Fujitora making not-so-serious faces

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Parrotine posted:

He hasn't got that far yet dude

But he mentioned Sugar in his post...?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
zou is going to have foxy in the new world and be a good break from the last 2 arcs imo

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Yeah, I mean I've been re-reading the series as the omnibuses come out.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Kild posted:

But he mentioned Sugar in his post...?

Ah ok, my mistake

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG
I was browsing imgur and got sad that I instantly recognized these cartoon asses.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Nami and Zero Suit Samus obviously, but who's the third one? I would almost guess Robin in her Fishman Island garb but with a detachable bottom?

Somebody paid cash money for those.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Advice posted:

Nami and Zero Suit Samus obviously, but who's the third one? I would almost guess Robin in her Fishman Island garb but with a detachable bottom?

Don't worry, many people have paid cash money for those, and many others. They probably use them to masturbate to as well.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Advice posted:

Yeah, it's the Portrait of Pirates Nico Robin, so she's wearing her pink sarong. Uh, at least, she's supposed to be.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
The new Portrait of Pirates Robin is even worse and probably nsfw

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Yeah, if you are up to date with One Piece figures you know that they aren't even trying to be subtle with the female ones recently.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the figure makes me actively angry because it reminds me film z exists

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
You don't like Film Z?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Prison Warden posted:

You don't like Film Z?

I liked it okay except for some annoying parts (weird movie 7-esque fanservice focus, the usual suspects not getting any actual fights) until the ending, with the most unearned "redemption" of all time retroactively ruining the whole thing and making me wish I hadn't watched it

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Broseph Brostar posted:

Holy poo poo this is brutal. I understand this probably sells like hot cakes, but jesus. This is like if Franky was sitting in a chair for his figure with a giant ballsack filling his panties and stroking it with one giant metal finger while raising an eyebrow. Like Robin is actually pulling her shirt open to reveal more of her giant titties. Nothing subtle at all.

Edit: I looked again, are those supposed to be her loving nipples poking through? Jesus people.

Advice fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Sep 17, 2015

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

i wanna gently caress

that cartoon character

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Advice posted:

This is like if Franky was sitting in a chair for his figure with a giant ballsack filling his panties and stroking it with one giant metal finger while raising an eyebrow.

THAT would sell like hotcakes. I've got a few POPS but no female ones since none of them are "actiony" enough to me. The closest one is movie Z Robin.

e; the Nami ones look like the walking tits in this video http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/408342 :nws:

Amorphous Blob fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Sep 17, 2015

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

How come when akainu got hit with the sword and he said something like "oh that had Haki in it" he didn't actually get cut, or bleed

Legacyspy
Oct 25, 2008
So I was reading an thread #8 to see people's reactions to old stuff, and I found this statement by DrSunshine, speaking of Sabo:

DrSunshine posted:

Maybe he'll "die" apparently in the flashback and turn up later in the story and be a part of Dragon's Revolutionary army? I can just see it, he's got this mask on in addition to his hat and cape, perhaps to conceal some kind of scar he got during the flashback

He got it! Even the scar (no mask though).

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

tbp posted:

How come when akainu got hit with the sword and he said something like "oh that had Haki in it" he didn't actually get cut, or bleed

We've seen Luffy get hurt by having his rubber body stretched by Rayleigh and Garp, so maybe same principle? Plus, even with full armament Haki Pica got one-shot because Zoro was stronger, so maybe it works in reverse.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Broseph Brostar posted:

That must be one weird as gently caress looking shirt when she's not wearing it.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

tbp posted:

This has been a hotly debated topic since that arc. His exact words, if I'm not mistaken, were, "Haki users. How annoying." which leads me to believe there's a way for logia users to counter haki or at least make it not instantly turn the tables towards the haki user's side. Also see Aokiji taking Whitebeard's haki-infused attack, and everyone thinking for a second, "Oh man, Aokiji is dead!" but him just shrugging it off.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
it seems like if your haki is more powerful you have to consciously manipulate yourself rather than subconsciously just be a lavadude and maybe also have better haki.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Gyges posted:

That must be one weird as gently caress looking shirt when she's not wearing it.
I don't recall the name of that type of sweater but they're the best.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

anime was right posted:

it seems like if your haki is more powerful you have to consciously manipulate yourself rather than subconsciously just be a lavadude and maybe also have better haki.

Alternatively: Awakening will somehow be tied backwards into it to make an Awakened Logia user not as susceptible to haki-infused attacks.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Broseph Brostar posted:

You can tell it's quality when you can't even recognize it as the character without the name being attached to the picture.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Do you guys ever do rereads of One Piece? I was just curious since I stopped reading this like right before Fishman Island (not sure why, I think I always liked One Piece tho it seemed a lil overrated to me, certainly the king of shounen for whatever that's worth though a lot of the super-dense pages bothered me with how it felt like it was all too cluttered) and felt like getting back into it since it looks like the stuff happening as of late is pretty great. I do rereads of Berserk all the time because it takes ages between chapters so I forget what happened and have to restart (plus it's just fun), but I've never tried with One Piece and it feels kind of daunting.
Would you guys recommend seeing if I can give it a go from the start and get back into things or just try to pick up right before Fishman? I'm more curious if anyone's tried rereading One Piece or if it's a common activity like it seems to be with like, Berserk, cuz I'm at a bit of an impasse. Would it take a million years or is it easier rereading shounen since the chapters go by more breezily (though I did just say I thought One Piece had a lot going on in each page)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
I've re-read One Piece a couple times because the series has been in publication for so long and it's easy to forget things. That's doubly so for when Oda brings an old character back and you're left scratching your head wondering who it is. I've been toying with the idea of reading it all again now that Dressrosa is just about wrapped up. I'm thinking of checking out the project that's been coloring all the chapters, anyone know how far they've made it?

• Locked thread