Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Somehow this aphorism from Zorba the Greek stuck with me when I read it; the context being that the narrator is working into the evening on something, while Zorba is trying to get him to come have some dinner and a glass of wine. And Zorba said:

'Remember that your body has a soul, too!'

That kinda made it much easier for me to... Just rest. To stop even trying to read or listen to stuff when resting. To just sit quietly, or meditate or snooze. Very useful stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

https://vmst.io/@SuperSelena64/112253653545017860

https://mastodon.online/@SRDas/112413830688222486

https://mastodon.social/@Chrishallbeck/112414309460913893

https://octodon.social/@fraggle/112361203604382137

https://friend.camp/@ranjit/111765855864501644

https://federate.social/@mattblaze/112310628011136853

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

None of these embed, screenshot 'em or don't bother, please.

The second one's funny, though. Heh. "Sneezoning".

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

did this person think the words were floating in air for real?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Maybe you could summarize any of these links that don't embed?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

CommonShore posted:

did this person think the words were floating in air for real?

They assumed that it was not actually a thing that Jeremy Renner said and that the Los Angeles Times published, but it (apparently) is.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

A sword handed down through generations. Feared by all. The ultimate weapon.

Taintbreaker!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Lobok posted:

Taintbreaker!

Killer Instinct remake soundin' good

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

steinrokkan posted:

My favorite is
"I will face God and walk backwards into hell"
- dril about hollering at animals at the zoo

This has always been my favorite too and it's insane that it was original to Dril because it really seems like it should be from some old quote from a couple hundred years ago. It goes so hard.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Lobok posted:

Taintbreaker!

Inscribed on the hilt is an ancient wisom: If Taint Broken, Don’t Fix It.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I had always thought the mushroom post was pre-twitter but apparently it's from 2018.

Ornamental Dingbat has a new favorite as of 23:19 on May 18, 2024

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

There was no baby boom in Poland. Thanks, Soviet Union!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Captain Invictus posted:

here is the classic google doc of Powerful Quotes From Unlikely Sources

some choice selections:

and another, much larger list of quotes

Nintendo accepted Jesus christ into their hearts and are now spreading the good word

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
btw, this thread was nice and peaceful for like a year or so because all the links just linked directly to twitter and I didn't have to see any I didn't click on or weren't screencapped. That's over now, I can read all your favorite tweets and man some of these are not as good as I was lead to believe.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Decay exists as an extant form of life is actually an incredible revelation and that was my favorite from this always.

It seems so loving bleak.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Why is that bleak

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Life AS decay is the only life that will truly persist in this world.

Or: death is the only life.

dialhforhero has a new favorite as of 22:44 on May 18, 2024

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Bro that is literally the circle of life. lion king rear end revelation

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Everyone needs to learn it at some point

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

I found this in a collection of ancient quotes I saved like 15 years ago:

Robert Ardrey, African Genesis posted:

We were born of risen apes, not fallen angels, and the apes were armed killers besides. And so what shall we wonder at? Our murders and massacres and missiles, and our irreconcilable regiments? Or our treaties whatever they may be worth; our symphonies however seldom they may be played; our peaceful acres, however frequently they may be converted to battlefields; our dreams however rarely they may be accomplished. The miracle of man is not how far he has sunk but how magnificently he has risen. We are known among the stars by our poems, not our corpses.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/milkinhisbag/status/1791477040987640277?t=FKeGJqSmLogruhFhz6Kd5g&s=19

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

dialhforhero posted:

Life from decay is the only life that will truly persist in this world.

if we ever get around to trying to grow crops on other planets, one of the hardest things to manufacture in quantity is going to be dirt.

ScreenDoorThrillr
Jun 23, 2023

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

if we ever get around to trying to grow crops on other planets, one of the hardest things to manufacture in quantity is going to be dirt.

yes and it's going to be very upsetting when we're scrabbling to import as much CO2 as possible

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Sorry, I mean life AS decay.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

stringless posted:

None of these embed, screenshot 'em or don't bother, please.

The second one's funny, though. Heh. "Sneezoning".

The Awful app requires you to have an imgur account to upload screenshots, and I'm not giving imgur my phone number.

Click em or don't, not my problem :shrug:

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

dialhforhero posted:

Sorry, I mean life AS decay.

That's just one step down the ladder of entropy.

Everything, life included, is constantly descending into chaos; the final and true face of god.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

dialhforhero posted:

Decay exists as an extant form of life is actually an incredible revelation and that was my favorite from this always.

It seems so loving bleak.

bleak? it's edible!

APOTHEOSIS AS A SIDE DISH

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

dialhforhero posted:

Sorry, I mean rear end decay.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

"How do you shoot the devil in the back? What if you miss?" from the Ususal Suspects surely is just the less streamlined/misremembered precursor to "If you come at the king, you better not miss".

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Hyperlynx posted:

The Awful app requires you to have an imgur account to upload screenshots, and I'm not giving imgur my phone number.

Oh Christ did they add that requirement? bleh

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

If you need someone to manufacture dirt, garbage, or poo poo, I have made well over a hundred posts on these forums.

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

Lobok posted:

If you need someone to manufacture dirt, garbage, or poo poo, I have made well over a hundred posts on these forums.

in the future, please try to include more nitrogen in your posts, thanks

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Subjunctive posted:

Oh Christ did they add that requirement? bleh

Imgur will delete anything uploaded without an account within x period of time, hence

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

"These image hosting costs are too much!" - a literal image host

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Imgur will delete anything uploaded without an account within x period of time, hence

I mean for the phone number on the imgur account.

I was going to look at adding back imgur support to the iOS app using people’s accounts, but that will clearly suck in a new way

astral, please save us

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Visions of Valerie posted:

in the future, please try to include more nitrogen in your posts, thanks

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
https://x.com/danikaharrod/status/1791573561460867304?s=46

https://x.com/mcjesse/status/1791651804390031723?s=46

https://x.com/jennyenicholson/status/1791976848341307552?s=46

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I’m going to take a stab at the thesis of this four‐hour‐long video.

Disney blames it all on “the pandemic”, but the real problem is that they compromised the hell out of the concept that people liked, and they charged Queen Mary 2 money for a Carnival experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Platystemon posted:

I’m going to take a stab at the thesis of this four‐hour‐long video.

Disney blames it all on “the pandemic”, but the real problem is that they compromised the hell out of the concept that people liked, and they charged Queen Mary 2 money for a Carnival experience.

I'm an hour in and "Carnival experience" is overselling it.