Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Weird and bad is immeasurably better than dull and bad.

Case in point, I just finished off Tank Girl, which is easily weird enough to compensate for how bad it gets at the end there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
Posting this here because this is the thread where the most amount of people would care, but Wonder Woman, Suicide Squad, and Batman vs Superman are all $3.99 on Amazon. I think they're on sale through the end of Monday.

e: Price went up to $6 for Wonder Woman and Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad is back to the regular pricing.

Almost Blue fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Nov 26, 2018

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk

Farg posted:

snyder cut is the qanon of movies but with more tribalism

Who is the Jewish conspiracy in this analogy?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Almost Blue posted:

Posting this here because this is the thread where the most amount of people would care, but Wonder Woman, Suicide Squad, and Batman vs Superman are all $3.99 on Amazon. I think they're on sale through the end of Monday.

I wonder if those have been recolored.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

This is very blatantly obvious.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Yeah looking back on the movie it seems really obvious.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

We could've had a movie that didn't spend an hour setting up characters, but sure the boomtube thing makes sense.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

bushisms.txt posted:

I wonder if those have been recolored.

They did this to BvS right?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Neo Rasa posted:

They did this to BvS right?

Yeah, the version on iTunes

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Yeah, the version on iTunes

But not the blu? I may grab that if it’s the original color grade, my wife didn’t see MOS or Beavis but liked SS and WW so why not? Anyone know if the ultimate edition has the theatrical cut on it too?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

K. Waste posted:

JL will probably still suck, but it’ll at least suck with vision

you're thinking of Age of Ultron

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

DC Murderverse posted:

lol

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

DC Murderverse posted:

*TARGET DESTROYED*

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

DeimosRising posted:

Anyone know if the ultimate edition has the theatrical cut on it too?
Yeah it should have both on it.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Actually, the Blu-Ray of BvS Ultimate has the Ultimate Cut only on the Blu-Ray with the theatrical on the DVD. The 4K disc has the Ultimate Cut on the 4K disc and the theatrical on the Blu-Ray.

So watch out for that.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Pirate Jet posted:

Actually, the Blu-Ray of BvS Ultimate has the Ultimate Cut only on the Blu-Ray with the theatrical on the DVD. The 4K disc has the Ultimate Cut on the 4K disc and the theatrical on the Blu-Ray.

So watch out for that.

That’s idiotic but extremely helpful, thanks

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Pirate Jet posted:

So watch out for that.

??? I have blu-ray's of both in my set. It was 3 discs.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

DC Murderverse posted:

??? I have blu-ray's of both in my set. It was 3 discs.

When did you get it? I bought my copy of the 4K at launch and got hosed over by that.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Pirate Jet posted:

When did you get it? I bought my copy of the 4K at launch and got hosed over by that.

I bought the Ultimate bluray after iTunes changed their version and it was three discs, with ultimate on blu and theatrical on both.

bushisms.txt posted:

We could've had a movie that didn't spend an hour setting up characters, but sure the boomtube thing makes sense.

Yeah, introducing the characters twice is weird, trying to make it seem like they're deploying them at the same time as Enchantress rather than in response to Enchantress going rogue is just fuckin' bonkers.

It's still such a fun film though, would love for an Ayer cut, boomtubes or no.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I thought i was going crazy the intro kept going and going. And the way they introduce the threat and it just all blurs together. And then Harley throws Deadshot a gun and my fiancee leaned over and was like, doesn't he have guns? And I just laughed. Rope guy won

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

"This is Katana! Watch out: her sword steals souls!" was comedy gold for me.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Explains why the climax is an Aztec god fighting a Mayan god and they don’t go anywhere with that at all

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Really gotta wonder how much of that stuff exists, now. And it casts scenes that seemed unusually sloppy in the film as actively glib: "Where do we get another large male antagonist from? Oh, she finds him in Waller's printer room."

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjJfFeto5Is&t=77s

Momoa reveals how Aquaman ended in Zack's version of JL

Jason Momoa posted:

In Zack's cut, we had it where I was with Vulko and Mera and I say that I have to go home, and they say 'There's a force coming,' and that I need to help, " Momoa told WSVN-TV's Chris Van Vliet."And I'm like 'I'm going home to see my dad,' and so I get in the back of a pickup truck, pound a bottle of something, and off he goes, the wanderer, you know what I mean?"

"So that was kind of like the end of Justice League where I was going - and then we cut to me coming home and run into a submarine and bang oh! Then go see pops and I think he's just going to get rooted again; I think he's been gone for so long it's just him trying to kind of come back to his roots...

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

And I'm like 'I'm going home to see my dad,' and so I get in the back of a pickup truck, pound a bottle of something, and off he goes, the wanderer, you know what I mean?"

"So that was kind of like the end of Justice League where I was going - and then we cut to me coming home and run into a submarine and bang oh!

I'm imagining Aquaman drunkenly driving his truck into the submarine here

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Then we would cut to the billy goat going "what the-?!" at how crazy this all is

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I would watch a Youtube channel that was just Jason Momoa drunkenly narrating unused endings to movies.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Snowman_McK posted:

I would watch a Youtube channel that was just Jason Momoa drunkenly narrating unused endings to movies.

“Fuckin so originally, alright, Stephen Lang was gonna turn into this monster thing. And I, I mean Conan, I mean I as Conan was supposed to have this big badass fight with him. But like I guess the money ran out? So he falls off a fuckin bridge, and (unintelligible) went surfing instead.”

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Fart City posted:

“Fuckin so originally, alright, Stephen Lang was gonna turn into this monster thing. And I, I mean Conan, I mean I as Conan was supposed to have this big badass fight with him. But like I guess the money ran out? So he falls off a fuckin bridge, and (unintelligible) went surfing instead.”

Momoa almost definitely ends most of his stories with 'surfing instead'

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 205 days!

Davros1 posted:

You know how one of the complaints towards George Lucas is "he can't direct actors"? For me, that's Snyder. I can't think of a single performance in any of his films that really stand out for me. I've been an fan of Amy Adams' work since "Psycho Beach Party", but in MoS and BvS, she gives such a lackadaisical performance. Kevin Cosner seems bored in all his scenes. I thought Gal Gadot was the worst actor I'd seen in a long time after BvS, which is why the Wonder Woman film shocked the hell of me. Gadot can actually act when guided by someone who had a hand at character pieces like "Monster".

And it's just not his superhero films. Stephen, Fran, Peter, and Roger felt more like fully formed characters in Romero's Dawn of the Dead than anyone in the Dead remake.

Ultimately, for me, it has to start with the characters, since they're the audiences' guide through the story. Doesn't matter how much money is spent or how good the cinematography is if the filmmaker fails to make anything resonate with the viewer. A character can be righteous, or a character can be evil, or can be any shades in between, but if the filmmaker can't make them compelling, then for me, it falls apart.

Costner was playing the archtypical Midwestern man who talks at his own slow pace and only reveals his feelings through his eyes while dispensing homespun wisdom.

This is understandably hard to relate to in the era of Alex Jones. The typical Midwestern man now being 300 lbs of frantic rage.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Snyder doesn't need acting in his films, when he can do something so perfect as giving General Zod a haircut that's equal parts Julius Caesar and Dwight Schrute

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Hot take: Most of the performances in Snyder's films are either on par with or superior to anything Romero's been able to get out of a performer.

His movies are silly, yes, but the inherent silliness isn't bad acting. In some ways, Malin Åkerman is an example of someone who utterly gets Snyder's use of acting as aesthetics. Silk Spectre's emotive presence is so patently unbelievable because, like, she symbolically fucks a guy by drawing some gangsters into a trap so they can just brutalize them all. But how Åkerman rationalizes this for the character is by showing her acting like she is the star of a B sexploitation movie. That's the whole premise of Silk Spectre as a legacy character, this very particular way of behaving as if the cameras are always rolling even when they're not rolling; when really Laurie's mother was just kind of elaborate ad campaign for some B crime movies with sadomasochistic underpinnings.

Jutsuka
Jun 5, 2011

Fans of Lois Lane should be the most pissed off about JL. The movie could have had scenes like these and instead they got that awful 'thirsty' scene.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I love Snyder, but the dude needs to stop loving teasing me with those posts and just release his assembly cut already.

Jutsuka
Jun 5, 2011

The extra coffee is for Jerry who was played by Marc McClure, Jimmy Olsen in the 1978 Superman, and I believe was the police officer that would have driven Lois to Heroes Park after Clark's resurrection in Snyder's cut. I remember reading an interview with him where he said he had three scenes with Amy Adams in the film before the retooling.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

teagone posted:

I love Snyder, but the dude needs to stop loving teasing me with those posts and just release his assembly cut already.

If there really is this much content, I feel like it’s all but a guarantee that we’ll get an assembly cut sometime in the future, maybe with interstitial animatics. I get the feeling that all of the principal actors really like Snyder, and would be willing to spend a day in a V.O. booth to make it happen. I’m not sure it is something in the near future, but I look at it like I look at the Donner cut. There’s too much there not to double dip on.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I think he's doing this to drum up enthusiasm for it. There was a rumor going around a while back that it was going to appear at comic-con but was pulled at the last minute. Probably false but I'm sure WB knows there's a demand for the thing. Feels like he's been ramping up the behind-the-scenes stuff in the last couple of months. Or maybe he's doing it because the movie is a year old and far enough from release to just do this stuff.

I'm still hopeful, but I'm not really expecting anything.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:
He should stop egging on his weird fandom given their behavior of harassing people online.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

LinYutang posted:

He should stop egging on his weird fandom given their behavior of harassing people online.

How is that Snyder’s responsibility?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Pirate Jet posted:

How is that Snyder’s responsibility?

More importantly, how is showing cool behind the scenes stuff "egging (them) on"?

Like is someone gonna see a storyboard and decide to send a death threat to a WB executive?