Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

didnt the church fracture lately or something?

It never recovered from chanology, according to people who have left. A lot of the middle management people were never replaced, and although they have enough money to last a long time in their present state, they can’t recruit or attack people like they used to. You can go on tv and insult them and call l ron stupid etc and they won’t even break the windows on your car. They’ve just been slowly bleeding people and are unable to replace them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

I AM GRANDO posted:

It never recovered from chanology, according to people who have left. A lot of the middle management people were never replaced, and although they have enough money to last a long time in their present state, they can’t recruit or attack people like they used to. You can go on tv and insult them and call l ron stupid etc and they won’t even break the windows on your car. They’ve just been slowly bleeding people and are unable to replace them.

sounds about right. i sorta shocked it surived by L ron. didnd mscavage get tossed to or something.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
No that’s his wife

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Reminder that Philip Seymour Hoffman is thought to have been killed by scientology. They allegedly hired someone to get friendly with him and get him re-hooked on the drugs he overdosed on, because he played a character that was thought to be an unflattering caricature of L. Ron Hubbard in The Master.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I did get the vibe they still have connections and money but no one can take them seriously anymore, and there's nowhere for them to go but become even more insular freaks probably already infighting over a shrinking pie.

Even the anti psychiatry propaganda doesn't seem to have moved the needle with how much attitudes have changed in recent years.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I did get the vibe they still have connections and money but no one can take them seriously anymore, and there's nowhere for them to go but become even more insular freaks probably already infighting over a shrinking pie.

Even the anti psychiatry propaganda doesn't seem to have moved the needle with how much attitudes have changed in recent years.

I was watching something about Clearwater florida on youtube and apparently they turned it into an episode of the twilight zone down there. A lot of the locals are deeply creeped out over their behavior. Apparently the nickname they've given the church is "the Penguins" since they all dress in black and white and wander up and down the streets in rows making sure no outsiders/non church members are close by.

gurragadon
Jul 28, 2006

pixaal posted:

Have you seen God yet? Perfect casting choice.

Watched that last night. Gottfried was putting in work at adult swim in his final years. Did an episode of Royal Crackers too.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

gurragadon posted:

Watched that last night. Gottfried was putting in work at adult swim in his final years. Did an episode of Royal Crackers too.

I think these are the last things he recorded.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

pixaal posted:

I think these are the last things he recorded.

Gilbert Gottfried going out playing God is pure poetry and I'm glad he was able to put his name on it.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Scientology realized a decade or two ago that the internet wasn't going away and that attempts to silence their online critics weren't going to work, so they shifted focus towards being more like traditional multi-level marking and preying on immigrants

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah. Where they have the wolf talking about its pronouns. Not an actual joke but an incredible simulation.

Still sticking with the one and only joke

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Froghammer posted:

Scientology realized a decade or two ago that the internet wasn't going away and that attempts to silence their online critics weren't going to work, so they shifted focus towards being more like traditional multi-level marking and preying on immigrants

Also buying up more and more downtown Clearwater real estate and doing gently caress all with it besides stymying any attempts at revitalizing a progressively empty part of the city.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Iirc they own a bunch of London real estate they've done fuckall with too.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

Also buying up more and more downtown Clearwater real estate and doing gently caress all with it besides stymying any attempts at revitalizing a progressively empty part of the city.

It's their specialty. Buy estate, kick the locals out then sit on it like a fat brooding chicken. Also apparently scare the poo poo out of the locals as well by following them with their phones out and mean mugging anybody out of uniform.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/PhysicalMedia_/status/1791272779754705251

Who... who could this possibly be for?

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
It doesn't look as though it actually has a home yet. I don't imagine that either Ed or Katey need this kind of money, but maybe they're doing it for the kids? I know Christina Applegate has had some health issues, and I imagine Davis Faustino could use the credits.

EDIT: Yeah, the article I found was from 2022. I don't think this is something we're ever gonna see.

cartoons123
Nov 7, 2013

The Modern Leper posted:

It doesn't look as though it actually has a home yet. I don't imagine that either Ed or Katey need this kind of money, but maybe they're doing it for the kids? I know Christina Applegate has had some health issues, and I imagine Davis Faustino could use the credits.

EDIT: Yeah, the article I found was from 2022. I don't think this is something we're ever gonna see.

Apparently it's a pitch reel yeah, it's been known for awhile, it looks like Sony's just shopping it around to see who'll buy it (which might also explain why we only hear Ed and Katey in this and no one else)

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

At least now I know what show that toilet flushing scene from The Simpsons comes from.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

me and me alone

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Network executives: Meh. No, Peg.

I think it looks ok.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
The robber scene was cute, but the rest was pretty flat IMO. Actually, the comedic timing on the whole thing is weirdly slow.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Looks very Klasky-Csupo.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
I'd rather watch that over Mr. Birchum from Adam Carolla.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I'm happy to never watch either :toot:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I'm happy to never watch either :toot:

I'm sorry but that's not your choice to make.
You have until the end of the month to watch either one. Them's the rules!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

sensenmann420
Jun 24, 2023
drat, Im watching Arcane and this show fcks

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

sensenmann420 posted:

drat, Im watching Arcane and this show fcks

Yeah it does. The thread here in TV IV was pretty good about it too, barring the one or two extremely odd hot takes that you'll get basically anywhere here.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner
I thought overall it was pretty poor as far as its storytelling and characters went, but only a liar could tell you that its visual style wasn't appealing and distinctive, and that the first three episodes weren't great.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Yeah, I thought it was pretty but pretty bad otherwise. I don't remember much of what I wrote in that thread so I don't know if I stand by it, but I remember some of the broader points in terms of how alienating I found its treatment of mental and physical illness to be, and that some of the storytelling was shallow and/or deeply schematic. The "subplot" with the lab assistant girl... oh man.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Is this about the LoL animated show? Whatvwas wrong with it?

Open Source Idiom posted:

Yeah, I thought it was pretty but pretty bad otherwise. I don't remember much of what I wrote in that thread so I don't know if I stand by it, but I remember some of the broader points in terms of how alienating I found its treatment of mental and physical illness to be, and that some of the storytelling was shallow and/or deeply schematic. The "subplot" with the lab assistant girl... oh man.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Mainly just the writing isn’t anything special

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Splint Chesthair posted:

Danny Trejo has said in the past that he’ll take any job offered him because it keeps him busy and out of trouble.

Yeah he shows up in a lot of surprising places because of that. Examples: he has a reoccurring role as the voice of Vasquez the bodyguard on the Disney animated show Big City Greens (he does a good job too, dude's a great voice actor) and he also voices a character in Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

....yeah, it's for me. Sorry, I would watch every episode of this.

There's actually a lot of one or two season adult cartoons I've watched and enjoyed and wish the network didn't give up on so quickly.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I just realised Peg sounds exactly like Leela from Futurama when they did the MWC parody. Is that the same voice actor?

Honestly, the whole vibe actually seems like it suits Married With Children perfectly, it was basically as cartoonish as sitcoms could get from the start from all I remember.

vvv: Oooooh, that explains a lot.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 20, 2024

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I just realised Peg sounds exactly like Leela from Futurama when they did the MWC parody. Is that the same voice actor?

Honestly, the whole vibe actually seems like it suits Married With Children perfectly, it was basically as cartoonish as sitcoms could get from the start from all I remember.

Yes, that's why Futurama has that one episode with the Married With Children parody. The one with the guy who claims to be another member of her species.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
:v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFqOZ39COMk&t=69s

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

....yeah, it's for me. Sorry, I would watch every episode of this.

There's actually a lot of one or two season adult cartoons I've watched and enjoyed and wish the network didn't give up on so quickly.

Mission Hill is my biggest "what if" for more seasons.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I thought the sneak peak clip of A Allan Adventure that was like a fourth of the episode was showing off too much, but holy poo poo was I wrong.

Smiling Friends rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Burnout Revenge was a loving good video game.

Smiling Friends continues to rule.