Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I hope Marc asks Tony who his guys are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

pressedbunny posted:

They've not even built up Red Velvet as an actual threat to Jade, either; I don't buy Red having any chance of beating Jade, unless there are some absolutely farcical shenanigans.
And Stat's most likely still months away from returning. Though I think a couple of weeks ago Jade was admonishing fans for fantasy booking and said that Kris actually was never planned to go for the TBS title at all, so gently caress it anyway. Does BBT wait 'til he can throw a briefcase of cash at Mercedes? Surely, Leyla's got to be good to go soon?

it's a good ol' fashioned bonafide TK Holding Pattern™

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
cannot fathom the people who want to see Red Velvet dethrone Jade. beyond my comprehension.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Apparently Tony changed his booking style after Full Gear (that's when Dynamite started being consistently great), although I have trouble understanding what he is trying to say here:

quote:

WTF with Marc Maron welcomed Tony Khan to this week’s “Wrestling With Marc” bonus show, and Tony said that if fans have noticed more coherent and organized television shows, there’s a good reason for that. Khan revealed that he made a slight change in the way he books his shows, but it’s had a tremendous effect on AEW programming.

“Since Full Gear it’s probably been the most stable run of TV and maybe the best run of TV since the original Revolution that I was talking about, at the start of 2020,” Khan explained. “That was probably the last time where I strapped down and said I need to get organized and made a major change as big as the one I’ll show you [Tony takes out a notebook and explains it’s his booking notes]

“So the stuff you read, I would appreciate it if — I’m going to cover the future dates, but if you see just a bit of what’s on here — I had a process. I already had a schedule of what I had planned week to week in different stories for different wrestlers or different matches and segments. At some point, I just inverted it,” Khan said. “I realized I should tip this [chart] over and instead of looking at the dates and building it out, I flipped what the columns were and what the rows were. I put the columns where the rows were and now I organize everything like this since Full Gear and I feel like I’m more organized even though it’s all the same information. It’s just looks at it differently and it really helps me.”

Tony agreed that the top column in his chart focuses on the wrestlers and the stories, and you’re able to see the progression of the story on the chart. Khan said it’s like a mini storyboard and it’s been a boost, although he gave a large amount of credit to the performers themselves.

“I already was doing that and I kinda had that, but I had it the other way where it was looking at the shows and I had where the columns were, now here were the different wrestlers and different stories. But for some reason, and I don’t know why, it shouldn’t make that big of a difference flipping it like this. The flow working down the page like this looks a lot better, it works a lot better. It’s basically the same thing I was doing but like I said, flip the page around, and it’s helped me be even more organized with our shows. We had a great year of shows but like you said, I think the last few months it’s been better than ever. I attribute that to the great performances of the wrestlers mostly, and the fans coming to the fans, but also, I think a lot of it in part was we’ve been able to help the flow of the show in recent months by having a stable roster of wrestlers and that’s probably most of all, but then some small part I would attribute to being a little differently organized and having a different look at how to flow the show.”
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tony-khan-recently-changed-booking-180543960.html

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Kennel posted:

Apparently Tony changed his booking style after Full Gear (that's when Dynamite started being consistently great), although I have trouble understanding what he is trying to say here:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tony-khan-recently-changed-booking-180543960.html

He's not being massively clear - it's why he shows Maron the thing he's talking about. My understanding is, on a literal physical piece of paper in a notebook, he used to have dates of shows going down the page, which he filled across with the events of that show - the storylines, who's involved. Now he's got those storylines going down the page, and he fills in across what show they're going hit a plot beat by. It's a small change, but he does say it shouldn't make a difference, but he finds it helpful anyway.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

TK's notebooks sound like the notebooks full of action figure battle lore I wrote in elementary school, I'd love to read through those things.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Tony literally flipped the script. Meanwhile on NXT you can see Scypts do flips

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

A Fancy Hat posted:

TK's notebooks sound like the notebooks full of action figure battle lore I wrote in elementary school, I'd love to read through those things.

This is literally what they are if you think about it

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

This may be Tony Lore™ but wasn't the rumour that when they had to transfer everything to Norcross and shut down for several weeks he booked the shows based on his old efed diaries?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

A Fancy Hat posted:

Dynamite's name comes directly from his school lore notebooks and he's admitted to using old ideas from those to book storylines before.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Seams posted:

Tony literally flipped the script. Meanwhile on NXT you can see Scypts do flips

lol

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

A Fancy Hat posted:

he built daily's place based off a south park episode, man is a total nerd enabled by capitalism and it rules

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Maybe one day I will finally get to own a wrestling company and create a live action version of my 3rd grade action figure 5 on 5 elimination tournament where one guy named himself "Mr. 5 in 1" and won the whole thing since he was as tough as 5 people. Obviously this role would be played by Moxley.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

Hefty Leftist posted:

he built daily's place based off a south park episode, man is a total nerd enabled by capitalism and it rules

wait what, i need more detail

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kennel posted:

Tony is a spreadsheet nerd and hell, :same:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm fine with Mox and Hanger feuding forever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrBVtMEIhLo

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

UnleashedDad posted:

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1150263102560178176

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

UnleashedDad posted:

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1150263102560178176

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

i love that TK is just the average IWC fan plus 6 billion dollars or whatever. He just like me! frfr!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Should be pointed out that Daily's Place was built in 2017. Tony was talking about the staging, not the ampitheatre itself.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
It's Wednesday at last

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Wednesday vibes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUjdiDeJ0xg

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

the tired man must and will be defeated

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Agreed, Mox must be exhausted after delaying his vacation for so long, it's very nice of Hanger to send him off on an extended holiday. :)

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

I assume there's gonna be some kind of shenanigans leading to another match, possibly at the pape, but I can't imagine how that happens. Hangman is basically just on his own right now, Mox is in the BCC but they're not the type to cheat to win.

Maybe a pissed off Yuta goes after Hangman, I dunno.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kennel posted:

Okay, who wants to chip in to buy Tony Khan a scrivener license?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

A Fancy Hat posted:

I assume there's gonna be some kind of shenanigans leading to another match, possibly at the pape, but I can't imagine how that happens. Hangman is basically just on his own right now, Mox is in the BCC but they're not the type to cheat to win.

Double knock out to build to a Texas Deathmatch because, drat it, I want to see Mox and Hanger in a Texas Deathmatch

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Double knock out to build to a Texas Deathmatch because, drat it, I want to see Mox and Hanger in a Texas Deathmatch

Have it lead to an Arcade Anarchy match where both guys are confused because they don't really care about video games and don't get why they're doing the stipulation.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

MJeff posted:

Okay, who wants to chip in to buy Tony Khan a scrivener license?

People rarely go from notebooks to digital, but i know i dig scrivener enough to try

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

sensible yee haw

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

A Fancy Hat posted:

Time limit draw. (And not one of those draws where both dudes are exhausted and one looks like they have the other beat but they just don’t have the energy to make the cover; I want a hockey fight going on as the 20 minute bell rings. Make ‘em go “This isn’t over until one of us puts the other down for good,” bam, Texas Deathmatch at the pape)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1620827833303195649

I do not remember what AEW's charity arm was called before but now it's called AEW Together.

Visual Basic Bitch
Sep 4, 2019
had to look at that twice because I thought they were using the yakuza font for their charity

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Sisal Two-Step posted:

It's Wednesday at last

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Aew. Then. Now. Forever. Together.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

MJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1620827833303195649

I do not remember what AEW's charity arm was called before but now it's called AEW Together.

philanthropy is the future of marketing, it's the way brands r going 2 win

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Happy for The Captain o7

Dude is the behind the scenes MVP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

is pepsi ok posted:

Happy for The Captain o7